Favorite Storyboarder

Favorite Storyboarder

• Fred Osmond (Goodbye Krabby Patty?, Whirly Brains, Old Man Patrick, My Leg!)

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • John Trabbic (Code Yellow, Trident Trouble, Squid Noir, Doodle Dimension)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Kelly Armstrong (SpongeBob's Place, Stuck on the Roof, Cuddle E. Hugs)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Brian Morante (Unreal Estate, Mimic Madness, The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom)

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

CJO5050

Floating Shopping List
There are currently four main storyboarders on SpongeBob; Fred Osmond, John Trabbic, Kelly Armstrong, and Brian Morante.
​From what I've seen on other SB fan sites, Fred Osmond seems to be the favorite, with John Trabbic following close behind. But what do you guys think?

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Given SpongeBob’s art style is more consistently wacky than it’s ever been, I second the notion of showing some small, key differences between the storyboard artists.

CJO5050

Floating Shopping List
So far, Fred Osmond is leading with 2 votes, and John Trabbic and Brian Morante have 1 vote each.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
CJO5050 said:
I'll try to find some examples.

CJO5050 said:
I've now listed some examples of episodes from each artist in the poll.

CJO5050 said:
So far, Fred Osmond is leading with 2 votes, and John Trabbic and Brian Morante have 1 vote each.

CJO5050 said:
Now Brian Morante is leading with 3 votes
Next time just edit the original post instead of double posting. :thumbsup:

CJO5050

Floating Shopping List
FinnDinner said:
It's fine, just don't it again, it'll save you the trouble of possibly getting suspended. :sbthumbs:
Right. I'm also paying attention to the other poll I made (favorite supervising directors).

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
I like all of them, but my vote goes to Brian Morante, due to how cute his characters are. (I don't simply like him because he's the "tamest" out of these awesome artists.)

Fred Osmond and Kelly Armstrong have both worked with John K, and it really shows in their work. Especially when they're teamed up with Dave Cunningham. Not a complaint, I really like the artwork in these episodes.

John Trabbic is more like Brian, but wilder. He's also great.

Morante. I like the way he draws the characters, and that his style still manage to be wacky and cartoony without going completely off-the-rails, more comparable to Season 9B style. I appreciate all of the boarders in their own ways, though.

Squiddddd

Imitation Krab
Kelly Armstrong is easily my favourite since she has produced what I think are some of the best looking post-sequel episodes so far, Stuck on the Roof in particular. However she also did Ink which sucked. I mainly blame it on the fact she is given bad episodes to work on, not much she could've done with Sponge in My Soup and Ink Lemonade. Morante and Trabbic are also quite good.

darkrage6

Floating Shopping List
After watching Shopping List, Zeus Cervas definitely goes near the top, very visually interesting episode.

CJO5050

Floating Shopping List
darkrage6 said:
After watching Shopping List, Zeus Cervas definitely goes near the top, very visually interesting episode.
Shopping List was a very good episode and it shows that Zeus IS able to make good episodes when he's not being rushed.

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
I like all of them, but my vote goes to Brian Morante, due to how cute his characters are. (I don't simply like him because he's the "tamest" out of these awesome artists.)

Fred Osmond and Kelly Armstrong have both worked with John K, and it really shows in their work. Especially when they're teamed up with Dave Cunningham. Not a complaint, I really like the artwork in these episodes.

John Trabbic is more like Brian, but wilder. He's also great.

Zeus Cervas, Chris Allison and Ryan Kramer also did a very good job in Season 11. Hope they returns. Especially Zeus. I really liked their artwork.

Back