• comedy option

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Kaiju

I love SBM
pappy potty and the fools stone

OR

harry potter and the shack of nuts

i hate them all and i'm still mad that ten years ago that one of the harry potter movies beat the first transformers movie at the box office of summer of 2007,transformers got robbed of the number one spot as the best summer blockbuster that year.

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
Chamber Of Secrets.

(LOL Sorcerer's Stone sounds so simple a title...I'm more familiar with Philosopher's Stone, so...movie's good regardless of title though. Great start to a franchise!)

PinkPearl

insert title here
toddphillips said:
i hate them all and i'm still mad that ten years ago that one of the harry potter movies beat the first transformers movie at the box office of summer of 2007,transformers got robbed of the number one spot as the best summer blockbuster that year.
That was ten years ago pal. Time to move on :P

From a book perspective, I think I like Prisoner of Azkaban the best, but when it comes to the movies I probably like the Chamber of Secrets most. Order of the Phoenix is also pretty good.

Katniss

totally coral
Prisoner of Azkaban. (How fitting that my favorite book in the series got turned into my favorite movie :P) Kinda wish Alfonso Cuarón had directed more HP movies, he did a good job with PoA. That book marks a tonal shift in the series and he nailed it. Plus I love the casting for Lupin and Sirius Black.

patfan200

Balloon Traveler
If we're choosing what the best book is, then definatley Prisoner of Azkaban. However, I feel that Deathly Hallows part 2 was the best movie adaptation of the books.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Deathly Hallows Part 2 > Prisoner of Azkaban > Goblet of Fire > The rest

End of thread.

Leedles

Leedle
toddphillips said:
Transformers - 319M domestic
Order of the Phoenix - 292M domestic

Anyway, I'd say Chamber of Secrets (because I love long runtimes in movies and also I've watched it the most out of all of them).

Transformers - 319M domestic
Order of the Phoenix - 292M domestic

Anyway, I'd say Chamber of Secrets (because I love long runtimes in movies and also I've watched it the most out of all of them).

there that proves transformers should have been number on in the box office of summer of 2007 and not harry potter,the box office was wrong.

Leedles

Leedle
toddphillips said:
there that proves transformers should have been number on in the box office of summer of 2007 and not harry potter,the box office was wrong.
...it was the number one at the box office.

JDNH2

Imitation Krab
toddphillips said:
No, look at worldwide Todd:

Potter - $939 million
Transformers - $709 million

Potter made more money. Full stop.

Leedles

Leedle
BeanoSponge2 said:
No, look at worldwide Todd:

Potter - $939 million
Transformers - $709 million

Potter made more money. Full stop.
Domestic money matters more though because every single major studio in Hollywood is in America and they make a larger portion of domestic grosses rather than foreign ones (domestic = 50% of money goes to studios, while foreign is 25% and it can be even less if they sold it off to foreign distributors in certain territories).

JDNH2

Imitation Krab
LET IT SHRIVEL UP AND DIE said:
Domestic money matters more though because every single major studio in Hollywood is in America and they make a larger portion of domestic grosses rather than foreign ones (domestic = 50% of money goes to studios, while foreign is 25% and it can be even less if they sold it off to foreign distributors in certain territories).
Though, Potter was co-produced by Heyday Films, a British studio.

(Though I don't think it makes much difference :P )

Growlie

Best Boy
In order...

Prisoner Of Azkaban

Order Of The Phoenix

Deathly Hallows pt2

Fantastic Beasts and where to find them.

Back