Faster Paced, Shorter SpongeBob Episodes

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Do you think it might help the show if some of the episodes were just seven minutes long, BUT if they were also much faster paced to cut down on any possible filler?

DadMom AngryPants said:
Episodes that are calm and slow have a certain charm to them. Season 1 in particular has some episodes like this, where the story is incredibly simple and they fill 11 minutes with it but even though it isn't frenetic it never feels boring.
I wouldn't say those episodes have filler though. Filler is that, like, 30 second doorbell in pet or pests.

The Lazy Starfish

Frozen Cephalopod
If the episode goes so quickly, then some extra elements might be missing, and we might not understand the plot that well.

end

Episodes that are calm and slow have a certain charm to them. Season 1 in particular has some episodes like this, where the story is incredibly simple and they fill 11 minutes with it but even though it isn't frenetic it never feels boring.
I concur, but I believe he is referring to obnoxious, overlong scenes as opposed to the charming S1 pace. Nevertheless, I do not think a shorter runtime would the series any favors (Waiting, anyone?).

I think SpongeBob is one of the kind of shows where it just works how it is. The episodes are eleven minutes and can seem to be really fast or really short depending on how it's written. Shows like Rick and Morty have a huge story that fits in twenty two minutes, and that works for them, so I think they shouldn't change the length of the episodes, but maybe vary on how much action they put in them.

Murvine Taylor

Proud Hater of GoAnimate Boris!
Do you think it might help the show if some of the episodes were just seven minutes long, BUT if they were also much faster paced to cut down on any possible filler?

Well, quality does come before quantity, but I am fine with how long the episodes are. Eleven minutes is the perfect length, although I would rather watch a good episode that is short than a bad episode that is long.

Back