Exactly what percentage of SpongeBob fans are post movie haters?

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
There are plenty of fans who don't care for the episodes after the movie but not to the extent of actively "hating" and begrudging other fans who do enjoy them. Sometimes the number feels higher than it really is because people who really hate something are more likely to rant about it, so you'll hear from them way more often than the people who are just indifferent.

It doesn't really matter how many people hate post-movie anyway. They're allowed to hate it as much as people are allowed to love it. There's no wrong or right group, just different opinions. :)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
You don't have to like everything about something in order to be a "true" fan of it, in my opinion. You can still be a fan and be critical and objective. In fact, people who really love something are often the most critical because they care so much.

Russell

Part Computer or Something
I do like the episodes in season 1-3 better. I do still see some worthy newer ones, that can be just as good or better.

Cha

I love SBM
Most people just miss classic episodes then just hating them. I think sometimes fans go through periods where they might dislike certain elements of SpongeBob or miss past season events. People who regularly slash the show are usually overally criticial on SpongeBob forums, TV.com or YouTube. But there are people who still enjoy the show even if they're not on the forums. They might have merchandise and even if they don't always watch it they still like it.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Unlimitedcha said:
Most people just miss classic episodes then just hating them. I think sometimes fans go through periods where they might dislike certain elements of SpongeBob or miss past season events. People who regularly slash the show are usually overally criticial on SpongeBob forums, TV.com or YouTube. But there are people who still enjoy the show even if they're not on the forums. They might have merchandise and even if they don't always watch it they still like it.
Wow, for a second I thought you were Jibbix! Haha! :xD:

Anyway, this post makes TONS of since! Maybe people don't really hate the new episodes, they just miss the original humor, style, and, strangely, the animation.

BubbleBud

Giant Clam
I came to this thread, noticed DMAP posts, and decided not to rant.

She basically just posted what was on my mind on all accounts. Thank you DadMom AngryPants. Excellent poster.

MovieMurderer

Imitation Krab
I really like Season 1-3 and the movie, and I think Season 4 up to "Mrs. Puff You're Fired" is good, but beyond that there's few that I think that's really great. Though there is a new episode every once in a while that is enjoyable, like the new Bubble Buddy episode (can't recall the name). Didn't really get a laugh out of me, but thought the novelty out of doing another episode was cool.

Back