In Progress Every Spongebob Episode and Movie Reviewed (by your's truly)

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
2 (4).png
Season 2 Episode 14a (34a): Welcome to the Chum Bucket
Air Date: January 21st 2002
Production Code: SB-167

It's a great episode...

I like how Plankton does give Spongebob what he wants even though Plankton ends up spoiling Spongebob.

I like the song that's in the episode, it pretty much sums up how both Mr.Krabs and Spongebob miss each other.

Also on the topic of Mr.Krabs, he cares about Spongebob deeply in this episode after he lost the bet with Plankton...

Also I like how Plankton can't take it anymore with Spongebob, even after his brain was transferred into the robot chef, Plankton thanks Mr.Krabs for taking back Spongebob when he paid $50 and get flicked away like a bug...

Overall ranking (in my opinion) 8/10.

On to the next segment...

2 (5).png
Season 2 Episode 14b (34b): Frankendoodle
Production Code: SB-169

Another great episode...

I like how the artist at the beginning of the episode has an existential crisis because he lost his pencil in the water (which fun fact that you probably know, he's played by Doug Lawrence).

I do like how Spongebob and Patrick speak a bit more professional when they come across the pencil heck after Spongebob was able to defeat Doodlebob, he explains to Patrick that Doodlebob was lost in a 3 dimensional world and was trying to long for a purpose.

This episode has some memorable moments in it, like Patrick saying "Where's the leak ma'am" and "FINLAND" which the second movie would make callback to...

Doodlebob was a pretty good antagonist for the episode, going full on "creation must destroy creator" when he was able to redraw his body.

But this won't be the last that we see of Doodlebob...

Overall ranking (in my opinion) 8.5/10.

On to the next episode...

2 (6).png
Season 2 Episode 15a (35a): The Secret Box
Air Date: September 7th 2001
Production Code: SB-168

The episode is good...

I like how Patrick protects his secret box from Spongebob because well, it has the embarrassing snap shot of Spongebob at a Christmas party (of which is one of Spongebob's guesses as to lies in the box).

I also like how Patrick thinks about milk spilling on a table when he talks about how his mind works in mysterious ways (which became a meme and is one of the memorable moments of the episode).

I also like how Patrick lets Spongebob look into the secret box at the end of the episode, knowing that Spongebob wouldn't pull the string to reveal the true secret, in which Spongebob buys that that's Patrick "true" secret and not the actual secret...

Touche Patrick, touche...

Overall ranking (in my opinion) 7.5/10.

2 (7).png
Season 2 Episode 15b (35b): Band Geeks
Production Code: SB-173

Well, here we are.

The episode that I considered as meh for about a year.

This review on it would finally put my debate to rest, once and for all...

The episode is good...

It's not bad, it's not a fiasco, it's just good.

I like how this episode marks the first appearance of Squilliam, who is one of my favorite characters, although he doesn't really do much aside from telling Squidward about The Bubble Bowl and having a heart attack due to losing at the end of the episode.

I like how this is the first episode where Squidward is shown to have won in the end, as he was able to pull off The Bubble Bowl, dancing in victory before finally jumping up to pose for that iconic end image.

I also like the inclusion of Sweet Victory at the end as it was truly a "Sweet Victory" for Squidward.

The memorable moments in this episode are iconic, like Patrick saying "Is mayonnaise an instrument?"

But really though, I'm glad to put my depating on this episode to rest...

Overall ranking (in my opinion) 7.5/10, sweet victory to you all.
556.jpg

And that's all the episodes done for Disc 2, which I didn't think I would be able to complete all within July considering that in between the trio review in March to my announcement of returning a couple weeks back, this thread was basically dead...

However though, with 3/4 of Season 2 watched and reviewed, I'm excited to get this Season done and hopefully (when I get it at some point during August) start Season 3 by September of this year.

Expect the rest of Season 2 to come out quickly during August, considering that there's four episodes on Disc 3.

Anyways see you guys in August...

SuperSponge1234

Dead Inspector
View attachment 16049

It's a great episode...

I like how Plankton does give Spongebob what he wants even though Plankton ends up spoiling Spongebob.

I like the song that's in the episode, it pretty much sums up how both Mr.Krabs and Spongebob miss each other.

Also on the topic of Mr.Krabs, he cares about Spongebob deeply in this episode after he lost the bet with Plankton...

Also I like how Plankton can't take it anymore with Spongebob, even after his brain was transferred into the robot chef, Plankton thanks Mr.Krabs for taking back Spongebob when he paid $50 and get flicked away like a bug...

View attachment 16050

Another great episode...

I like how the artist at the beginning of the episode has an existential crisis because he lost his pencil in the water (which fun fact that you probably know, he's played by Doug Lawrence).

I do like how Spongebob and Patrick speak a bit more professional when they come across the pencil heck after Spongebob was able to defeat Doodlebob, he explains to Patrick that Doodlebob was lost in a 3 dimensional world and was trying to long for a purpose.

This episode has some memorable moments in it, like Patrick saying "Where's the leak ma'am" and "FINLAND" which the second movie would make callback to...

Doodlebob was a pretty good antagonist for the episode, going full on "creation must destroy creator" when he was able to redraw his body.

View attachment 16051

The episode is good...

I like how Patrick protects his secret box from Spongebob because well, it has the embarrassing snap shot of Spongebob at a Christmas party (of which is one of Spongebob's guesses as to lies in the box).

I also like how Patrick thinks about milk spilling on a table when he talks about how his mind works in mysterious ways (which became a meme and is one of the memorable moments of the episode).

I also like how Patrick lets Spongebob look into the secret box at the end of the episode, knowing that Spongebob wouldn't pull the string to reveal the true secret, in which Spongebob buys that that's Patrick "true" secret and not the actual secret...

View attachment 16052

Well, here we are.

The episode is good...

I like how this episode marks the first appearance of Squilliam, who is one of my favorite characters, although he doesn't really do much aside from telling Squidward about The Bubble Bowl and having a heart attack due to losing at the end of the episode.

I like how this is the first episode where Squidward is shown to have won in the end, as he was able to pull off The Bubble Bowl, dancing in victory before finally jumping up to pose for that iconic end image.

I also like the inclusion of Sweet Victory at the end as it was truly a "Sweet Victory" for Squidward.

The memorable moments in this episode are iconic, like Patrick saying "Is mayonnaise an instrument?"

View attachment 16053

And that's all the episodes done for Disc 2, which I didn't think I would be able to complete all within July considering that in between the trio review in March to my announcement of returning a couple weeks back, this thread was basically dead...

However though, with 3/4 of Season 2 watched and reviewed, I'm excited to get this Season done and hopefully (when I get it at some point during August) start Season 3 by September of this year.

Expect the rest of Season 2 to come out quickly during August, considering that there's four episodes on Disc 3.

Are you gonna continue

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
View attachment 16049

It's a great episode...

View attachment 16050

Another great episode...

View attachment 16051

The episode is good...

View attachment 16052

Well, here we are.

The episode is good...

View attachment 16053

i dont think band geeks is all that funny, but i love how it gives squidward his happy ending

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
This episode review of Graveyard Shift is being watched in Blu-Ray format (provided by the BRD release of It's a Spongebob Christmas), thank you for your time...
37.png
Season 2 Episode 16a (36a): (The) Graveyard Shift
Air Date: September 6th, 2002
Production Code: SB-176

A good episode with a great twist ending.

I like how all of the events are coincidental, which makes Squidward freak out because of how real it is. It's not like Squidward is pulling this off all on his to scare Spongebob (and Patrick) because of their incompetence, which would more likely be the plot of the episode if it was done post movie/pre sequel or even post sequel.

I like that Squidward is the one who is scared while Spongebob is the one to not take notice as usually it's opposite albeit Squidward not believing what is happening or ignoring the consequences.

I like the twist ending, it turned out to be someone (which I'll just call him Philbert) who just wanted to try and get a job at The Krusty Krab but hung up the phone on Squidward because he was too nervous. The reveal of Nosferatu being the one who flickered the lights on and off is funny and kind of out of nowhere for people who have not seen this episode before but have seen the 1922 movie of the same name (also happy 100th birthday Nosferatu).

Also last thing before we get to the final rank of the episode, I like the unintentional cut away cameo of Patrick Star which was pretty funny and charming...

2 (8).png
Season 2 Episode 16b (36b): Krusty Love
Air Date: September 6th 2002
Production Code: SB-170

Now before I get into the review, I just want to say that I'm sorry for the 5 day delay. I was all caught up on Thanksgiving during this week and I wasn't focused on this. Now let's get back into the review and thank you for your time...

This is a great episode, I like how Mr.Krabs falls in love with Mrs.Puff not because of his own gain for money but because he genuinely loves her and wants to be with her.

I also like that Mr.Krabs is being greedy but it gets overshadowed by his love for Mrs.Puff and thus spends his money or makes Spongebob spend it for her, of which Spongebob would call him out on near the end of the episode.

I do like how Spongebob tries to help finance Mr.Krabs money when he goes out on his first date with Mrs.Puff only for it to fail because of said reason above.

Also I like the dark humor with what happened to Mr.Puff and I also like how the gross-out humor (with Mr.Krabs not looking too good) is handled where it doesn't look too gross that it makes you feel sick (although it probably would have looked like that had this episode been made during post movie).

Last edited:

SuperSponge1234

Dead Inspector
This episode review of Graveyard Shift is being watched in Blu-Ray format (provided by the BRD release of It's a Spongebob Christmas), thank you for your time...
View attachment 17241

I like how all of the events are coincidental, which makes Squidward freak out because of how real it is. It's not like Squidward is pulling this off all on his to scare Spongebob (and Patrick) because of their incompetence, which would more likely be the plot of the episode if it was done post movie/pre sequel or even post sequel.

I like that Squidward is the one who is scared while Spongebob is the one to not take notice as usually it's opposite albeit Squidward not believing what is happening or ignoring the consequences.

I like the twist ending, it turned out to be someone (which I'll just call him Philbert) who just wanted to try and get a job at The Krusty Krab but hung up the phone on Squidward because he was too nervous. The reveal of Nosferatu being the one who flickered the lights on and off is funny and kind of out of nowhere for people who have not seen this episode before but have seen the 1922 movie of the same name (also happy 100th birthday Nosferatu).

Also last thing before we get to the final rank of the episode, I like the unintentional cut away cameo of Patrick Star which was pretty funny and charming...

View attachment 17242
Season 2 Episode 16b (36b): Krusty Love
Air Date: September 6th 2002
Production Code: SB-170

(Review will be tomorrow)
Imo its 9/10 for me

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
View attachment 17241

graveyard shift is one of my favorite episodes of all time

i like how this episode shows us that squidward does kinda care about spongebob

Back