In Progress Every Spongebob Episode and Movie Reviewed (by your's truly)

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
These reviews are really good. I like that you mention scenes from each episode and talk about stuff like design and animation which I have a bit knowledge about and some facts(like Bubble Bass or Patrick in Nature Pants.
I am glad you added pictures of the episodes
Squeaky Boots is one of my favorite too. It is very underrated
Sleepy Time is really special and creative episode. I like Mr Krab's dream, it is a bit like Clams episode. In both Spongebob accidently makes Mr Krabs losing his money in the sea.
I have never watched Spongebob shorts, I will someday.
I have never thought about Bossy Boots this way, it is really has deeper meaning than I realized
I'm looking forward to seeing the next review!

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
2.jpeg
Season 2 Episode 3a (23a): Big Pink Loser
Air Date: November 16th 2000
Production Code: SB-144

You know? I should've considered having this episode in my Top 10 list because, well, it's up there...

I like how this is the first episode to mainly focus on Patrick, as he wants to get an award like Spongebob, but ends up copying Spongebob's every move as result.

I also like how Patrick is in a relatable position, being that some of you probably wanted a reward (or trophy in Patrick's case) and would do anything to get it (like Patrick)...

Also this episode is one of the more rememberable highlights of Season 2 (and the entirety of pre movie) because it has some memes that got spun off from here (i.e. The Lid Scene, No this is Patrick, and probably the "At least I'm safe inside my mind" scene)...

Also I do like to mention how this technically (or does) have a moral which is; "Excellence can be found, even under a rock..." and how you shouldn't copy off your friend (or someone else for that matter).

Also note, this episode has Patrick with his M-Eyebrows throughout the episode (don't worry, the eyebrows will appear in one more episode/segment)...

So overall, the episode is in my opinion a 10/10 Spoge-tastic (a first in the series unless if you count my Help Wanted scoring)...

On to the next segment...

2 (1).jpeg
Season 2 Episode 3b (23b): Bubble Buddy
Production Code: SB-148

When I was going into this, I expected Bubble Bass to return (hence the name of the episode), but no I got conned by a stupid bubble story. 0/10 Scummybob!!!

It's a joke, I was joking. The episode is okay...

The reason why is because the episode (while memorable) isn't that strong plotwise and the only things giving the episode merit is the memorable moments here...

"Scooter Experiencing High Tide" is probably the most memorable part of the episode being that it became a meme.

I do like how the episode try's to give Spongebob someone else to hangout with, even if it's a bubble...

I don't know, there isn't really a lot to talk about here though it's a okay episode.

You already know, it's a 7/10 (in my opinion) for me...

Last edited:

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Great views as usual!
Big Pink Loser is one of the funniest episodes for me.
I agree that Bubble Boddy's name looks like it would have Bubble Bass in it.

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
2 (2).jpeg
Season 2 Episode 4a (24a): Dying for Pie
Air Date: December 28th 2000
Production Code: SB-147

The episode is okay to be quite frankly with you guys...

Sure! The episode has its memorable moments being the ending and Squidward's dedication to Spongebob speech, but if you think about it, Squidward didn't deserve to get the pie in his face at the end because he didn't have the karma to warrant that...

And what makes me feel bad for Squidward even more is the fact that Mr.Krabs literally made him think that he caused the eventual murder of Spongebob EVEN THOUGH Squidward didn't know that it was a bomb.

At least what saved the episode was how Squidward did managed to do all this stuff with Spongebob, just to make him happy in his supposed final moments before sunset, heck, even staying with him during the sunset...

Now that's something that Squidward wouldn't do today!

And you know what? I actually change my mind on the ranking, it's an Above Average Okay for me (in my opinion), 7.25/10...

2 (3).jpeg
Season 2 Episode 4b (24b): Imitation Krabs
Air Date: December 28th 2000
Production Code: SB-150

Being the 50th segment, it's fitting to have Plankton back!

But episode is good for what it is...

Being that we haven't seen Plankton in a while and the last time that we did see him he was wiggling away like a worm while saying he needed hatred (in Air Date Order) or was chastising Spongebob off because of Spongebob interrupting his dream (in Production Order), it was pretty nice to see a familiar setting again with Plankton attempting to steal the formula (for the fourth time might I add)...

I do like how Plankton decides to use a robotic replica of Mr.Krabs as a way to get information out of Spongebob, but let's just say, that doesn't go well consider that Plankton now has to deal with Spongebob and the activities he likes to do with Mr.Krabs on (what I can assume) a daily basis (or weekly).

I do have to say though, Plankton failing to get the formula because of an flaw on the robot is 100% earned karma. Why have a 1 Cent Self Destructing slot on your invention? That's just kinda stupid Plankton, but that doesn't mean I hate the gag, I do like the gag though for what it's worth.

It's a good episode in my opinion 7.5/10

Also last episode to air in 2000 and the theoretical end of the 20th Century (though there will be more episodes in this year)...

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
2 (4).jpeg
Season 2 Episode 5a (25a): Wormy
Air Date: February 17th 2001
Production Code: SB-149

Hehe...
Wormy_175.png
2020 in a nutshell...

But anyways aside from that, this episode is a meh.

It just takes a kneecaps the IQ of Spongebob down to Patrick's, and it's not really funny considering that Spongebob should know that a Caterpillar turns into a Butterfly...

But let's just consider this, what if Spongebob didn't know what a Butterfly was prior to this episode, and he had some right to be afraid to the point of putting Bikini Bottom in chaos, would that be justified?

Yeah, because now all the blame is put on Sandy due to her not telling Spongebob about Wormy and how he turns into a Butterfly.

I do like the part at The Krusty Krab though, and how it probably has the best use of music placement (if you can hear it considering that I wear headphones)...

Also this image:
Wormy_128.png
Pretty much my reaction to this episode...

Overall you know what ranking it's getting, 6.5/10 meh, the 0.5 bonus is because of The Krusty Krab scene.

2 (5).jpeg
Season 2 Episode 5b (25b): Patty Hype
Air Date: February 17th 2001
Production Code: SB-152

One thing I have to say...

Patty_Hype_087.png
RIP M-Eyebrow Patrick (May 1st 1999 - February 17th 2001) A hero...

Anyways, this episode is okay, the ending is what sucks about it...

I do like how Spongebob decides to make his idea a reality though would it be a difficult to outclass The Krusty Krab? Besides, it doesn't make since for the restaurant to be "old news" considering that in later seasons people go there all the time and will do anything in their power to get that Krabby Patty.

And reason why I'm saying this is because supposedly, anything after Pre Movie takes place before it (with the exception of Help Wanted).

But nevertheless, It's just odd but funny how 46,853 customers arrive out of nowhere and literally surrounded the Conch Residents...

As for the ending?

The Bikini Bottomites are stupid because they blame Mr.Krabs for the side effects of the Pretty Patty and Spongebob despite the ruckus going on outside, can't here it through the squeaking of those pickles...

:loser:

Crappy ending but okay episode in my opinion (you already know), 7/10...

Last edited:

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Great reviews as always!
Dying for Pie is one of my favorite thanks to Squidward. Episodes like that make me love him so much
Wormy - LOL the picture of 2020 is right. I think it is the first time Bikini Bottom has been in a chaos.
Patty Hype is very good and the forehead joke is hilarious and one of my favorite jokes.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
View attachment 15079
Season 2 Episode 3a (23a): Big Pink Loser
Production Code: SB-144

You know? I should've considered having this episode in my Top 10 list because, well, it's up there...

I like how this is the first episode to mainly focus on Patrick, as he wants to get an award like Spongebob, but ends up copying Spongebob's every move as result.

I also like how Patrick is in a relatable position, being that some of you probably wanted a reward (or trophy in Patrick's case) and would do anything to get it (like Patrick)...

Also this episode is one of the more rememberable highlights of Season 2 (and the entirety of pre movie) because it has some memes that got spun off from here (i.e. The Lid Scene, No this is Patrick, and probably the "At least I'm safe inside my mind" scene)...

Also I do like to mention how this technically (or does) have a moral which is; "Excellence can be found, even under a rock..." and how you shouldn't copy off your friend (or someone else for that matter).

Also note, this episode has Patrick with his M-Eyebrows throughout the episode (don't worry, the eyebrows will appear in one more episode/segment)...

So overall, the episode is in my opinion a 10/10 Spoge-tastic (a first in the series unless if you count my Help Wanted scoring)...

View attachment 15080
Season 2 Episode 3b (23b): Bubble Buddy
Production Code: SB-148

When I was going into this, I expected Bubble Bass to return (hence the name of the episode), but no I got conned by a stupid bubble story. 0/10 Scummybob!!!

It's a joke, I was joking. The episode is okay...

The reason why is because the episode (while memorable) isn't that strong plotwise and the only things giving the episode merit is the memorable moments here...

"Scooter Experiencing High Tide" is probably the most memorable part of the episode being that it became a meme.

I do like how the episode try's to give Spongebob someone else to hangout with, even if it's a bubble...

I don't know, there isn't really a lot to talk about here though it's a okay episode.

You already know, it's a 7/10 (in my opinion) for me...
Great reviews of these episodes! Haha, "Scummybob"! I never thought of that, but Bubble Buddy does seem like a Bubble Bass episode. Did you think that before you first watched it?

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
2 (6).jpeg
Season 2 Episode 6a (26a): Grandma's Kisses
Air Date: March 6th 2001
Production Code: SB-154

The episode is okay...

For one, I do like how it tells the audience (particularly children) that are watching that they don't have to be just a baby in order to get your grandma's love and how you can be both a child and adult...

I do like the jazz scene where Spongebob and Patrick make the thinking face (this scene would spun off into a meme).

Oh and I should mention that Grandma Squarepants is introduced here (although you've probably already knew that) and she's a great addition to the series (however though, we won't be seeing her until Season 5).

However though the reason why this gets an okay is because of a few things:

One, Spongebob is basically embarrassed when he shows up to The Krusty Krab and the bikini bottomites are jerks, heck, this probably the first episode where Squidward is a jerk to Spongebob and doesn't feel bad for being one...

And two, Patrick basically leaves Spongebob behind to be a baby again which causes Patrick to become the new "baby" for Grandma Squarepants and makes Spongebob feel like he's abandoned...

But aside from those problems, the episode is okay (you already know what rating it's going to get) 7/10

(P.S. Tomfoolery was probably introduced in this episode)

2 (7).jpeg
Season 2 Episode 6b (26b): Squid(s)ville
Air Date: March 6th 2001
Production Code: SB-156

Man, sorry if the nostalgia kicks in for this one but, it's nice to see this episode again.

I like how because Squidwards house got destroyed, it was final straw for Spongebob and Patrick even though they did it before (back in Naughty Nautical Neighbors)...

I also like how when Squidward decides to move into Tentacle Acres, all of the houses are the same as Squidwards, as if it's a preferred house template for them.

What helps my nostalgia for this episode is how I only ever had one dvd with Spongebob episodes and that was Tide and Seek, I always watch it and I like how it was placed at the end of the dvd too...

Two things to note is that this episode spun off meme (Squidward watching the Tentacle Acres commercial but Patrick changes the channel stating that he hates it) and how it's the first episode to introduce Sponge Monger into the soundtrack (which eventually became the chase theme instead of Grass Skit Chase although GSC's beginning would be used before Sponge Monger played)...

Overall this episode is amazing and it gets a 9.5/10

On to the next episode...

2 (8).jpeg
Season 2 Episode 7a (27a): Pre-Hibernation Week
Air Date: May 5th 2001
Production Code: SB-151

It's a good episode...

I do like how Sandy gathers up everyone in Bikini Bottom to search for Spongebob, which shows how great of a friend she is (but also to extreme for him too)...

I do like the scene where the guy lost his looks and he says he's still got his personality (that became a meme).

I also like the ending of the episode where Patrick says "Who are you people!?" which also became a meme and would be re-said Patrick in a later Season 2 episode...

My problems with this episode mainly stem from the beginning, as Sandy was too harsh on Spongebob with the extreme sports, even to the point of almost killing him which is why he hid from her in the first place...

However though, even though the beginning was too harsh on Spongebob, I still liked the rest of the episode

Good Episode (in my opinion) 7.5/10

2 (9).jpeg
Season 2 Episode 7b (27b): Life of Crime
Air Date: May 5th 2001
Production Code: SB-157

I like how the episode has Spongebob and Patrick think they stole a balloon after it popped even though it was National Free Balloon Day...

The episode also has a good moral where you should have to borrow something with permission.

I also like how the cops do put Spongebob and Patrick in jail for like a second before opening the cage again, that's funny...

I also like how Patrick questions logic with the fire underwater too.

Also the scene where Patrick says he's going to starve while the scene pans down to his stomach became a meme (I think)...

Overall this episode is amazing in my opinion, 9/10.

205.jpeg
Season 2 Episode 8 (28): Christmas Who?
Air Date: December 6th 2000
Production Code: SB-155

For being the first double length episode, it's pretty good, if anything I should've consider it to be apart of my top 10 favorites list...

In this episode, we have two new characters; Patchy and Potty, and I like them as they bring a sense of their own comedy into the episode though it's a bummer that they aren't used often (heck even being relegated to even-numbered until Season 13)...

As for the episode, I like how it explains how Spongebob first heard about Christmas and the Bikini Bottomites celebrating it.

Squidward is the main focus by the end of the episode, going from a nonbeliever of Santa Claus to being the Claus himself, and I liked why he decided to be Santa because he wanted Spongebob to be happy and not sad.

Man, I can see why people like this special now...

Overall it's a SpongeTastic 10/10 in my opinion.

And with that, this concludes Season 2 Disc 1 and considering how long it took to get Disc 1 covered is something (December 31st 2021 to March 6th 2022)...

Join me when do Season 2 Disc 2 at some point this month.

See ya later :loser:

Heyo_Heyo

Moby Dollar
Nice reviews Squidville Life Of Crime Christmas Who are some of the best episodes of SpongeBob ever

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
Expect me to do more reviews on the episodes.

I ain't done, I didn't give up, and I'll keep reviewing these episodes...

Now the reason I'm coming back to this is because of LS Mark's video on reviewing and ranking every single episode of Spongebob, which inspired me to return to this thread and do some reviews again (although it may not be now but it will be later).

Heyo_Heyo

Moby Dollar
Expect me to do more reviews on the episodes.

I ain't done, I didn't give up, and I'll keep reviewing these episodes...

Now the reason I'm coming back to this is because of LS Mark's video on reviewing and ranking every single episode of Spongebob, which inspired me to return to this thread and do some reviews again (although it may not be now but it will be later).
oh okay I was liking your reviews wondering why you stopped

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
Welp after 4 months of absence, I'm back to review the episodes...

330px-Survivaloftheidiots.jpg
Season 2 Episode 9a (29a): Survival of the Idiots
Air Date: March 5th 2001
Production Code: SB-160

The episode is okay...

I do like how there is a sense of oppositeness being that at the beginning of the episode, when Spongebob and Patrick were excited about going to Sandy Treedom, one of the two said that Sandy better have kept the Treedom warm but when they show up, it's as cold as Alaska (I tried to make a funny).

Heck even the sense of oppositeness is still felt when Spongebob and Patrick argue over whoever is Dirty Dan as Patrick wanted to be Dirty Dan and when Sandy showed up asking (or demanding) who was the real Dirty Dan, Patrick said that he was.

I do like the memorable moments like "Who are you calling Pinhead?" and "Open Sesame!" of which both lines were said by Patrick...

However though the reason why I consider this episode okay is because of how meanspirited it is to Spongebob and Patrick (particularly at the end of the episode when suddenly, through space and time, winter is over in a second).

But I will give it credit that the episode is not too meanspirited being that Spongebob and Patrick were kinda asking to be beaten up...

Overall ranking (in my opinion) 7/10.

2 (10).jpeg
Season 2 Episode 9b (29b): Dumped
Air Date: March 5th 2001
Production Code: SB-161

Mediocre...

The first one to get the mediocre ranking, and all because of how both Patrick and especially Gary acted...

Let's start with Patrick, this is probably one of the first episodes where he comes across as an arrogant person towards Spongebob who disregards his feelings during this episode as well as ignoring him because of Gary.

But at least he doesn't give him blank stairs and I least feel bad for him at the end.

And then there's Gary, who left Spongebob for Patrick because he had a cookie of which after eating that cookie, he disregards Patrick and leaves him to go back with Spongebob at the end.

I'll at least say this, the next episode will be better...

Overall ranking (in my opinion) 5/10.

2 (11).jpeg
Season 2 Episode 10a (30a): No Free Rides
Air Date: March 7th 2001
Production Code: SB-162

The episode is great...

I like how Mrs.Puff basically was going to let him pass because she didn't want to put up another year with him, however though when she realized that she was doing more harm than good by letting him drive around Bikini Bottom recklessly (which ultimately cemented that thought into her because of Margaret and Harold getting Spongebob a boat), she takes it upon herself to steal the boat from Spongebob before he notices.

However though she didn't account for the fact that Spongebob was in the boat while she was stealing it...

It's also notable that this episode is the first to have Frenchy be portrayed as a diver (albiet with the modern scuba gear instead of the old scuba gear).

I like how the episode insinuates that Mrs.Puff has took the easy way out in the past, saying that if Spongebob causes havoc across Bikini Bottom, she would have to move to a different city with a new name and start another boating school as if this happened before.

I like how they do that, and it really makes you think that Mrs.Puff may of had a dark past...

Overall ranking (in my opinion) 8/10

On to the next segment (aka the midpoint)...

2 (12).jpeg
Season 2 Episode 10b (30b): I'm Your Biggest Fanatic
Air Date: March 7th 2001
Production Code: SB-159

The episode is great...

I like how they handled Spongebob with him being a big fan of Kevin, as if this were to happen during the latter seasons of the show, it would probably feel more creepy and stalkerish.

I also like how there are some running gags in this episode like Patrick touching stuff that he isn't supposed to, an Anchovy doing the "womp" noise, and Kevin getting stung.

This will also be the midpoint of pre-movie Spongebob and ultimate where starting from this point onward, there will be more memorable episodes then what the first half of pre-movie Spongebob had...

Also Bubble Bass returns but he isn't my Bubble Bass (aka the legend) that I know.
20220306_103135.png
This would be his new and current look from here on out until his first appearance since Mermaid Man Vs. Spongebob; Plankton's Good Eye...

But anyways the episode is great and in my opinion, Kevin isn't as bad as a future feline fiend because Kevin is at least kinda likeable and he doesn't feel that scummy compared to the feline fiend...

Overall ranking (in my opinion) 8/10.

Last edited:

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
1.png
Season 2 Episode 11a (31a): Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III
Air Date: November 27th 2000
Production Code: SB-158

Pretty great episode...

It's been about 10 episodes since MM&BB II, and it's nice to review another episode with these guys in it.

I like how Spongebob and Patrick are trying to reform Man Ray and make him good (which pays off at the end).

There's some memorable moments in this episode, particularly when Spongebob does the goodness lessons with Man Ray...

It should be noted that while this is a MM&BB episode, it doesn't star them and they only appear at the beginning of the episode.

If anything, there could be an argument made that this should've not been titled MM&BB III due to them not appearing but I digress...

I like how they implement Man Ray (a character that has been named drop in the first MM&BB episode) here, and I like how he ends up turning good at the end (although he would later go back to being evil again in MM&BB V).

I also like how the music was implemented here, which is Wormy Krusty Krab Scene levels of great (I should give a shout out to Comic Walk)...

Overall ranking (in my opinion) 8.5/10.

2.png
Season 2 Episode 11b (31b): Squirrel Jokes
Air Date: November 27th 2000
Production Code: SB-164

Well this episode hasn't aged well did it?

But aside from that, I enjoyed it for what it tried to do...

I like how this isn't really Spongebob's fault that he's telling the squirrel jokes because Mr.Krabs and Bikini Bottomites want him to, and Spongebob did try to make different jokes before he put on his stupid squirrel act.

I also like how Sandy acts like what Spongebob is making here out to be, a dumb squirrel at the climax of the episode, because she wanted him to get that she wasn't dumb (which she succeeded at in the end)...

And I also like the ending of this episode, where Spongebob makes friendly jokes that pokes fun at everyone though it doesn't get to the point hatred like the squirrel jokes...

Also shout out Dougie Williams for being a good sport to Spongebob (P.S one of my favorite characters in the show).

Overall ranking (in my opinion) 9/10.

2 (1).png
Season 2 Episode 12a (32a): Pressure
Air Date: March 8th 2001
Production Code: SB-166

Another amazing episode...

I like the music track Cha Cha Nova, and how it fits this episode well.

I also like how this is the first time we see Spongebob and the Gang out of water and on the surface, which is pretty cool to see.

I do like how this debate/debacle all started because of Spongebob and Sandy saying that they are able to win a race to the top of a mountain, which later turned into racing to The Krusty Krab...

Also the moment when Sandy attempted to eat a deluxe Krabby Patty is funny...

Overall ranking (in my opinion) 9/10.

2 (2).png
Season 2 Episode 12b (32b): The Smoking Peanut
Air Date: March 8th 2001
Production Code: SB-163

Another amazing episode...

I like how Spongebob thinks that he was the one who upseted Clamu, and was afraid to tell the truth to anyone because of the fear of being Bikini Bottom's Hated #1 (when in reality, Mr.Krabs stole Clamu's egg thinking it was a pearl because of Free Day).

I like how Patrick Investigates and trying to solve the case of Clamu (which is memorable in its own right)...

I like how The Bikini Bottom Zoo announced that the Bikini Bottomites should "Scream and run around in circles" which is pretty funny.

I also find the scene with the Zoo Caretaker rips off Mr.Krabs clothes funny because of dramatic it was played off...

I like the ending of the episode, Clamu gets her egg back and it hatches while Mr.Krabs gets berated with peanuts.
549.jpg

Also note, Frank Welker provides the voice role of Clamu and her child...

Overall ranking (in my opinion) 9.5/10.

Last edited:

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
62.png
Season 2 Episode 13a (33a): Shanghaied
Air Date: March 9th 2001
Production Code: SB-165

(Note, the version I'm watching is the 15 minute version but I will also talk about the original version aswell)

I honestly think that this episode is a Spoge-Tastic...

I like how this episode probably takes place before all the other Flying Dutchman episodes being that Spongebob didn't recognize him and thought that he was The Red Baron.

I also like how memorable this episode is, like Patrick howling and The Perfume Department...

Now something to note about this episode is that Squidward only appears at the beginning and end(s) of this episode as he spends most of his time during the episode in The Fly of Despair.
Shanghaied_124.png

Now I must point out about this episode is that there are two major versions of this episode:

#1: The original airing in which it lasted for 22 minutes...

And #2: The re-aired version in which lasted for 15 minutes (which became the version that's used for future airings of the episode)...

There are some minor versions of the episode, like the early home video versions (before The Complete 2nd Season) in which they removed the Patchy segments (but on the DVD version of Sea Stories, it had all 3 endings).

However though there was a version that I found out during the writing of this review, in which there was a special version shown off during Comic Con 2017 where it had Sandy and Mr.Krabs in it.

Also this shot of The Flying Dutchman, where doesn't give a care is funny...
Shanghaied_183.png

Overall ranking (in my opinion) 10/10 for the original and 9/10 for the 15 minute version.

2 (3).png
Season 2 Episode 13b (33b): Gary Takes a Bath
Air Date: July 26th 2003
Production Code: SB-183

I think it should go without saying that this episode jumped ahead in terms of its air date and production code.

Like recently, I was able to complete and review all episodes from 2000 and still in progress with the 2001 episodes yet I haven't gotten to the 2002 episodes but started 2003.

Plus the production code is in the 180s yet I haven't gotten to the 170s...

Weird...

But Anyways with all that aside, the episode is okay...

I do like Spongebob's attempts to get Gary into the bath, with the funniest one being Spongebob using a crisp dollar bill and giving it to someone if they take a bath at his, when all the sudden Mr.Krabs shows up in his bathtub and grabs the dollar from Spongebob.
Gary_Takes_a_Bath_050.png

There are memorable moments in this episode, such as when Spongebob says to Gary "Don't drop them" while holding two bars of soap (which became a meme)...

However though, the reason why it's okay for me is because of how short the episode is (but not as short as Reef Blower).

Overall ranking (in my opinion) 7/10.

Back