In Progress Every Spongebob Episode and Movie Reviewed (by your's truly)

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
The reviewing won't start until I get my Complete Season 1 box set as I'm waiting for it to arrive sometime this week...

Also because I'll be starting on that release of Season 1, it won't have Help Wanted so it's most likely going to get held off until I get the Season 3 box set (which I might do a review on if I finish Season 2 and before doing Season 3 or if I finish Season 3 and before doing the movie which would probably be the latter but could be the former so I might do a vote after getting Season 1 done)

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
Update!: I've made the decision to review Help Wanted before The Spongebob Squarepants Movie.

Why? Well remember how the old Looney Tunes use to play before the beginning of a movie? Well Help Wanted is kind of a short, made to pitch the series hence why it's 8 minutes and the Looney Tunes were usually around 6 to 9 minutes so that's why I've decided to make it this order:

Pranks a Lot, then Help Wanted, and then The Spongebob Squarepants Movie...

Last edited:

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
Well It's time, time to begin the reviewing of Spongebob...

But not just a few episodes, no, it's every single one of them plus the movies

So Anyways, Spongebob Squarepants began it's run in 1999 and has been on the air ever since. Say what you will about Spongebob and if it should have stopped airing, but if that happened, I would've probably not found out about this show until years later and it probably wouldn't of gained a lot of traction that it did if it hadn't been for Nickelodeon's decision to make a 4th Season, but will get on to that later...

Anyways, time for the reviewing. However though, I'll be watching these episodes full so it'll take a while until the review comes in so be patient...

Also I took the liberty in adding the directions for pages so then that way, when we begin Season 2, you won't have to click or tap multiple times to get to that certain page...

Season One (Plus Bonus Review!): Page 1 to Page 2 (December 10th to December 30th 2021)

Season 2: Page 2 to Present (December 31st 2021 to November 21st 2022 [Was on Hiatus on January 27th 2023 up to December 25th 2023, now off hiatus])

Last edited:

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
Reef_Blower_title_card (1).jpg
Season 1 Episode 1b: Reef Blower
Air Date: May 1st 1999
Production Number: SB-126

Well, this is a weird episode...

But getting past the that, it's an okay for me, mainly because there's some good jokes in it.

Like for instance, Spongebob pulling the string to the Reef Blower and Spongebob wiping up his hands as string stays in place until he touches it...

There's memorable stuff as well.

Like when Spongebob says you and the "You" pops up in subtitles and then the Reef Blower sucking up all the water and turning Squidward into a pinkish purple...

But there is some reasons why this episode gets the okay rating for me...

Mainly because of the fact that there isn't really any dialogue and there's not a lot to go off of...

But this is due to the fact that this was made for the the purpose to fill in Help Wanted's time hence why when Help Wanted ends this episode fades in.

But like I said, this episode is an okay for me (in my opinion) 7/10

Anyways on to the next segment...

Tea_at_the_Treedome_title_card (1).png
Season 1 Episode 1c: Tea at the Treedom
Air Date: May 1st 1999
Production Number: SB-101

Our first full episode, and well do we need it? Because I sure as heck need it (See what did there)...

Anyways, there's now a lot more to go off of now than there was in Reef Blower, like for instance:

We have much more memorable scenes such as "The Introduction to Sandy", "Patrick's Fancy Talk plus When in doubt, Pinky Out", and finally one of the famous Spongebob Memes "I Don't Need It/I NEED IT"...

Also considering that this was the first episode to be put into production after the show got green lit for a series, it looks similar to Help Wanted in a way (mainly with Spongebob's design).

But do I think that this episode was worth the watch? Yes it was...

This episode was Great in my opinion, 8.5/10

Last edited:

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
Bubblestand_title_card.jpg
Season 1 Episode 2a: Bubblestand
Air Date: July 17th 1999
Production Number: SB-105

The episode feels like a simple basic plot that I would expect Spongebob to do, and it fits well for this season only.

I like how Squidward tells Spongebob to "lower the volume" And Spongebob does, only to resume his loud construction work after hearing Squidward playing his clarinet...

I also like the clarinet piece that was played at the end of the episode and I like how Squidward tries to blow bubbles, only to keep failing because he didn't try the technique...

There's some memorable moments in this episode, like Patrick saying "It's a Giraffe!" When the bubble elephant passes by them and the technique scene with both Spongebob and Squidward.

The episode being simple in nature is why I think it deserves the "Great" ranking...

And so it does (in my opinion), 8/10

On to the Next Segment...

Ripped_Pants_title_card.jpg
Season 1 Episode 2b: Ripped Pants
Air Date: July 17th 1999
Production Number: SB-106

Honestly this is the first episode where it doesn't jell with me...

Not in the sense where I would declare it a meh but it would probably be the rating I'll give it.

I do think that Patrick should have been included in this but coming off of Bubblestand, it would be probably too much...

There are memorable moments in this episode such as Spongebob ripping his pants and the song that was sung by Spongebob (and three others that I don't know the names of).

This episode did introduce a few things into the show, such as Goo LaGoon and Larry the Lobster...

But if anything, that's all I can say because I really think that this episode is a meh...

6/10 (in my opinion)

Last edited:

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
Note: I've decided (for the best experience of watching these episodes) that I'll be using headphones for best sound from this point on...

Anyways let's get on with the episode.

Jellyfishing.jpg
Season 1 Episode 3a: Jellyfishing
Air Date: July 31st 1999
Production Number: SB-103

If you look past the mean spiritedness of this episode (which I do), then it's a pretty great episode...

This is the first episode to mainly focus on jellyfishing as a whole, and you could see some experimentation in this episode with how it should go.

There are memorable moments in this episode, like the beginning with the rock and roll music, Squidward's explosive diarrhea, Spongebob and Patrick doing their rendition of the waltz (I think that's what it's called), and the "FIRMLY GRASP IT" scene which became a meme...

Dangerous also debuted in this episode and if you want to know when it plays, it plays when Squidward is getting chased by the Queen Jellyfish...

In my opinion, this episode is Great 8.5/10, for being pretty memorable and funny...

On to the next segment (and this one I'm looking forward to)...

PlanktonTitle.jpg
Season 1 Episode 3b: Plankton!
Air Date: July 31st 1999
Production Number: SB-114

This is probably my favorite Season 1 episode (aside from Help Wanted) so far...

Man, we are introduced to one of the best characters in this show; Plankton, and he is probably the best part of this episode.

I just like how he acts in this, he will do anything to get that Krabby Patty, heck, going out of his to mind control someone to get it!

However though, his weakness is that if someone (or himself) talks about the details of the Krabby Patty, he will mostly likely try to eat it...

I like this episode, I think it's amazing and it's a 9/10 for me.

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
Titlecard_Naughty_Nautical_Neighbors.jpg
Season 1 Episode 4a: Naughty Nautical Neighbors
Air Date: August 7th 1999
Production Number: SB-116

Pretty funny episode, and it brings back that simple style from Bubblestand.

I like how Squidward does himself, because he thought separating Spongebob and Patrick would be better than just having them together...

However though, this wasn't the outcome as he befriends Patrick then befriends Spongebob, and then the two get into an argument on who Squidward is friends with...

It's only until the end (which is my favorite part of the episode in my opinion) that Squidward decides to make them be friends again, and when he goes to get more soda, Spongebob and Patrick becomes friends due to Spongebob burping and Patrick laughing...

Also Squidward does get karma by the end, although he loses his house and breaks his back again.

The episode is great, but I do think that Squidward should've had karma taken lightly (if you know what I'm saying)

8/10 in my opinion...

On to the next segment...

Titlecard_Boating_School.jpg
Season 1 Episode 4b: Boating School
Air Date: August 7th 1999
Production Number: SB-104

The episode put a smile on my face...

It's the first to debut Mrs.Puff, The "My Leg!" Gag, and (if were putting the Production Order into this) the debut of Fred (though it doesn't really count).

I do like the fact that Mrs.Puff is a bit easy on Spongebob, and not to the point of, well, killing him or hating his guts.

I also like that Patrick is involved with this episode, being a "guide" to Spongebob and how he helps him get through the driving course.

Overall, I like this episode and think that it's a great one to watch if you're tired of the usual boating school episodes of the later seasons...

8/10 in my opinion...

Last edited:

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
Titlecard_Pizza_Delivery.jpg
Season 1 Episode 5a: Pizza Delivery
Air Date: August 14th 1999
Production Number: SB-107

This episode is one I covered in my low points list, so does it get the meh ranking still?

No, it's actually a good episode and I can see why people consider it good.

For one, Spongebob and Squidward's relationship are developed a bit in this one and I quite like how it's handled. How Squidward can put up with Spongebob, even through the shenanigans they've had to face, heck if Squidward didn't care about Spongebob, he probably wouldn't of saved him from getting ran over or wouldn't cared about Spongebob crying when a "Picky Mollusk" fish wanted soda...

I do like how this episode references how Spongebob is taking boating school and it's fitting because of the previous episode was focused on it.

Overall this episode (in my opinion now) is good, 7.5/10

On to the next segment...

Titlecard_Home_Sweet_Pineapple.jpg
Season 1 Episode 5b: Home Sweet Pineapple
Air Date: August 14th 1999
Production Number: SB-124

I like how both Patrick literally flat out says "Is it time to ruin Squid's Day?"

But Anyways, is this episode worth the watch? Yeah it's worth it...

I do like how Spongebob tries to live with Patrick but finds hard to live with him, and I also like how Spongebob goes to Squidward's house but gets kicked out by him.

I do like how we finally get a later produced episode although it won't be for long until we get to the later part of this Season...

One notable thing about this episode is the introduction of Spongebob's parents (don't know their names but maybe in the future I'll know)...

The episode is a good one mainly because of Spongebob moving in with Patrick, then Squidward...

7/10 in my opinion...

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
Titlecard_Mermaid_Man_and_Barnacle_Boy.jpg
Season 1 Episode 6a: Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy
Air Date: August 21st 1999
Production Number: SB-119

I think it's an okay episode for what it is...

Spongebob and Patrick try to get Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy out of retirement by, well, annoying them albeit in this case, it's clever because they don't laugh at them constantly or be stalkerish towards them...

Instead, they are basically a nuisances Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy which they don't mind at first until they decided that if they want them gone, their going to have to go out of retirement...

I like the cleverness of the episode to the point where I'll bump up the rating to a "great" episode...

8/10 in my opinion...

On to the next segment (which I'm looking forward to watching)

Titlecard_Pickles.jpg
Season 1 Episode 6b: Pickles
Air Date: August 21st 1999
Production Number: SB-111

What can I say other than it's another "Amazing" Spongebob episode...

If you want an episode where Spongebob goes through a "mid-life crisis" of sorts, then you got yourself that episode.

I like how we are introduced to one of the best characters of all time which is Bubble Bass...

As a matter of fact (fun fact), originally Plankton and Bubble Bass's roles were to be switched, where Plankton acts like Bubble Bass being the self-proclaimed critic of the Krusty Krab, while Bubble Bass was to act like Plankton being the one attempting to steal the formula at any chance he's got...

Which makes me think of the 1st movie, but with Bubble Bass taking over Bikini Bottom.

This is also the first episode where Squidward is revealed to be a not so great cook.

But anyways, this episode is a 9/10 in my opinion...

Perfect Censorship!

Floating Shopping List
Nice review on Episode 6! I was thinking the same thing with Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, too. Imagine how high they would turn up the stalking on them if the episode was produced today.

Back