Every Season 11 Episode Reviewed (Interactive)

josemiguex

Imitation Krab
A 3/10 for Bunny Hunt? I don't find this episode to be that bad, I know, it was stupid and has 0% plot but I found some gags funny and I laughed pretty hard at the snail food picture and the ending, same with Pat the horse.

But I agree that this episode will be better as a short

hippythehippo

Banished
Episode 223a Chatterbox Gary
Air-date: Febuary 12, 2018
Plot: Gary gets a pet translation collar
Music: Clownfish Capers
Writer: Luke Brookishier

We return to another Luke Brookishier script. His last episode turned out to be a rather enjoyable and fun one, and I hope he still has the post movie charm to shine on this one. I am shocked the crew has never done this episode before. You would think that in the Season with 4 Imatation Krabs knock offs, this could have replaced one of them. This idea was way too long overdue for the show, so it is lucky that we finally get this idea now. Gary hasn't had the greatest track record in most peoples eyes, so I hope this one can at least be pretty good.

The episode opens with Spongebob and Gary reading about a pet magazine. When Spongebob gets up to do something else, Gary tries to grab Spongebob's attention. Unfortunetly for Spongebob, he can not speak snail, so he does not understand what Garyis saying. Spongebob eventually falls on the floor, and Gary shows him a page from the magazine about a pet translation collar. Spongebob immiadietly orders it, and it comes through timme warp. Spongebob tests the collar out on Gary, and it works splendidly.

Spongebob begins to show Gary to all his friends. First is Patrick, who Gary calls "Stinky Man", which results in Patrick pouring some garbage on himself. Next is Sandy, who shows off her nut translator. Last is Squidward, who isn't looking forward to his neighbors until Spongebob tells Gary has esqusite taste. Squidward shows Gary around the house, but Gary is not impressed at all with Squidward's decor. Squidward is obviously angered by this, and from an idea on the meditation guy on t.v., devises a plan to mess with Spongebob.

Squidward first goes into Spongebob's house at night, and switches collars of Gary's with Squidward's own fake one. Squidward then uses the collar to mess with Spongebob a bit, and it eventually results in Spongebob moving his house on top of a hill. The house falls down the hill, and right into Bikini Bottom, with Spongebob trying to stop it. The house eventually stops at a cliff, but Spongebob accidently pushes it below, rolling it away (with Gary outside). Spongebob and Gary are at home, with Spongebob crying about his lost house. Squidward makes a off hand remark using the fake collar, to the anger of gary. He puts the collar down Squid's throat, and starts meowing, for a bunch of worms to beat him up. Spongebob's house also returns, and that is the end of the episode.

The story is very calm in the episode. Nothing to flashy happens, and everything feels rather relaxed in this episode, compared to some others that go super fast. The pacing slow, which allows the episode to be more atmospherical. In a way, the pacing and atmosphere feel rather "classic". I do feel the conlict was solved way to easily at the end. Spongebob's house sort of just came back with no prompting. I understand that it was at the end of the episode, and they were wrapping up, but ehhhh. The second half did drag in a few areas, particularly when Squidward, prentending to be Gary, was telling Spongebob to do stuff. Something just feels kind of slow about it, but that isn't to big a complaint. The first half is really well paced though.

If you didn't know, I find the first half of the episode to be one of the most consistantly funny segments of any post sequel episode. There were a lot of jokes here that worked. From Gary calling Patrick "Stinky Man", to him just lambasting Squidward's lifestyle, I found a lot of great humor here. The second half (aka, when Squidward does his plan) is a bit lax on the jokes. It is not entirley unfunny, but it does choose to go more of the story route, rather than the comedic one. The first half is still really funny, and the second half doesn't take away from it, even though it is just okay, but I do find some jokes at the end (such as "you could live ina hole like that idiot starfish) pretty funny.

I really enjoy how they portray Gary in this episode. Brookishier was clever in the fact that he doesn't call the characters by name. Gary calling Spongebob "Papa Bob" was really sweet, yet makes a lot of sense, considering Gary does not understand english all too well. Gary is just a smooth talking guy with the collar, and the episode fits his character well, and he is treated well here.. I am also impressed at how they portray Spongebob here. I assumed that they would make him fed up with Gary, but no. Spongebob is completly loyal to Gary, and considering other episodes that torture Gary excessivley, usually AT the hands of Spongebob, this is a real nice change of pace. They also nail Squidward in the episode. He is a jerk in the episode, and warrents to be put down a notch. The interactions in the episode were great, and the charcacters are overall just pleasent in this episode.

And that would be what I call the episode, pleasent. Nothing to flashy happens, but what it has to offer is good enough for me. I find it funny that I share similar thoughts to this episode that I do to Patrick the Game. I find the first half of both to be really funny and great, while the second half to be just okay. Both are still pretty good, though at least this one doesn't have the underwhelming ending. This just might be one of my favorite Gary episodes, but that's not to hard of a goal considering classics like A Pal for Gary, Pet Sitter Pat, and I was a Teenage Gary, and Grooming Gary, but I still like this one quite a bit for just being a funny and nice episode.

Rating: Good
Score: 7/10
Thoughts: (Reperesnts what Spongebob stands for)
Place: #9/20

Season 11 as a whole
9/10
1. Teachers Pests
2. Squid Noir
8/10
3. There's a Sponge in My Soup
4. The Checkup
5. The Legend of Boo-kini Bottom
6. Larry the Floor Manager
7. Spot Returns
7/10
8. Sanitation Insanuty
9. Chatterbox Gary
10. Krabby Patty Creature Feature
11. Spin the Bottle
12. Man Ray Returns
13. Scavenger Pants
14. Cave Dwelling Sponge
5/10
15. Cuddle E Hugs
16. No Pictures Please
4/10
17. The Clam Whisperer
18. Stuck on the Roof
3/10
19. Bunny Hunt
2/10
20. Pat the Horse

Tomorrows episode deals with a sad tale of a clown that has lost his life, and has to resort to hanging out with a naive sea sponge.

QOTD What is your favorite Gary episode?
QOTD 2 If you could have a snail, what color would you want the shell to be?

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
QOTD What is your favorite Gary episode?

Gary Takes a Bath easily.

QOTD 2 If you could have a snail, what color would you want the shell to be?

Golden, I want to look rich.

hippythehippo

Banished
Episode 223b Don't Feed the Clowns
Air-date: Febuary 12, 2018
Plot: Spongebob has to help a clown find a job after he is abandoned by the circus
Music: Calling All Clowns
Writer: Mr. Lawrence

With some of these episodes, I find it hard to say much about them. Maybe because there is not much to say, as the episode speaks for itself, and there is not much to disect. Maybe it is because it is so darn forgettable that it is not worth remembering the details. For whatever reason, Don't Feed the Clowns just has never stuck out in my mind. It always strikes me as an episode that sort of just fills out a slot, rather than something I will remember. Hopefully in this next viewing, Don't Feed the Clowns will give me some sort of reaction.

The episode begins at a circus, where Spongebob and Patrick are enjoying the spectacles. It is high energy and fast paced, and you sort of get sucked into what is happening on screen. The announcer fish tells to bring in the clowns, who arrive in a classic tiny car. They do a couple of stunts, and go away. Spongebob wants to go see the clowns backstage, much to the fear of Patrick, who thinks the clowns are wild animals. The 2 go backstage, and see the clowns having the time of their lives. Eating candy and doing stunts, the regular clown gig, except one who seems to be discriminated against. He doesn't get any candy, and the announcer refuses Spongebob to give any food to the clown. Patrick and Spongebob leave, as the circus packs up, leaving the clown behind.

Spongebob comes back the next day to feed the clown,only to see the circus has left. However, Spongebob discovers the clown who did not get any food yesterday is still there, all alone. Spongebob decides to take it upon himself to find the little clown a job. Their first stop is at a hot dog stand. Spongebob shows the clown how to make one. The clown tries to, but his clown urges (or whatever it's called) makes him throw the wieners in a circus like fashion. The people run away, as the guy who owns the stand comes around, and kicks the 2 out.

The next place they go is a business place, and the clown gets the job. However, much like the last place, the clown screws up the job. He gets fired, and finds Spongebob. The next job is being a firefighter, and unfortunety for thhe clown, there is a fire immidietly. Spongebob decides to tag along, and the firefighters end up at the boating school. Mrs. Puff is still stuck, so the clown goes on a ladder to save her, but instead squirts her with water, resulting in the clown getting fired. The last place the clown has is a bakery. As you can guess, the clowns clownlike nature results in chaos, resulting in him gettng fired. Spongebob realizes that clowns need to be with other clowns, and brings him to some place (hopefully the same place as Club Spongebob), and finds the clowns home, and the clowns get accepted in a nice ending.

People say this is a direct copy of Spongebob, Your Fired's structure, and on closer analysis, I can see similarities. The clown repeatedly getting fired from different places is very reminicent of the middle part of SBYF, though I do feel that this episode has more going on at the direct locations, and the episode does come off as more original. However, I feel that each job feels way to abridged to have any lasting value. I feel like all this could have been set up in a montage of gags, rather than explicitly showing it, as the way the episode does it feels very repetitive. Maybe there should have only been one place that they focused on, but with 4 places with the same punchline, it starts to get kind of old. I also am not sure why they decided to throw out the character arc that the clown had in the beginning, with the other clowns bullying him, because it seems rather strange at the end where the clowns just sort of take him back in with no questions. It makes the story feel rather pointless, and considering what happens, I feel more could have been done if they took a different direction. However, the episode does feel rather pleasent, and there is really nothing to frustrating going on. It just stinks that the story feels really predictable, when I feel more interesting options were there.

I'm going to be honest, this might be the least funny episode so far. Even Pat the Horse and Bunny Hunt, which I chatised for having incredibly junevile humor, at least tried harder to tell jokes, even though half the time it was hyperactive animation and characters being loud. I get that the clown getting fired in silly way is supposed to be a punchline, but when you repeat the same joke 4 times, it will start to get old, boring, and tiresome. I found the announcer using they guy as a whip to be kind of funny, as well as the "don't feed the clown" gag that the episode is based on, but other than that, it lacks good jokes, which is a shame since clowns are supposed to be the king of comedy.

What baffles me most of the episode is that they introduce Patrick in the beginning, only for him to be completly abondend once the circus is gone. This really hurts the episode, as Spongebob has to carry it all by himself. The clown can not talk, which results in Spongebob trying to convey everything to the audience. With Patrick, you have another character to bounce off of with Spongrbob, which could create a sharper dynamic, and better humor. With that said, Spongebob is perfectly fine in the episode. He wants to help care for the clown, and that is in line with his character. The clown is kinda cute in his mannerisms too, and I don't have much to discuss about him. He is a perfectly passable character, and all I can really say about him is that he is fine.

And that is Don't Feed the Clowns. It still fails to get an impression on me, besides meh. Everything it does is perfectly passable, besides the comedy. To be honest, a lot of this episode reminds me of Cave Dwelling Sponge, but that is a much better episode due to it having much more going on, with the Spongebob is framed plotline, along with more characters for Spongebob to interact with. Here, the plot is one note, and Spongebob has to carry the dialouge of the story. There really isn't anything bad or broken or harmful about the episode, but there is not much good I can say about it either. It doesn't leave me much besides "middle of the road", which is a shame, considering they could have had a lot of fun with the concept.

Rating: Average
Score: 5/10
Thoughts: (Just in the middle)
Place: #16/21

Season 11 as a whole
9/10
1. Teachers Pests
2. Squid Noir
8/10
4. The Checkup
7. Spot Returns
7/10
8. Sanitation Insanuty
9. Chatterbox Gary
11. Spin the Bottle
12. Man Ray Returns
13. Scavenger Pants
14. Cave Dwelling Sponge
5/10
15. Cuddle E Hugs
16. Don't Feed the Clowns
17. No Pictures Please
4/10
18. The Clam Whisperer
19. Stuck on the Roof
3/10
20. Bunny Hunt
2/10
21. Pat the Horse

QOTD Who has the more godly youtube channel, Todd Phillips or The DS Guy?

hippythehippo

Banished
Episode 224a Drive Happy
Air-date: Febuary 13, 2018
Plot: Spongebob gets a self driving car with an attitude
Music: Unknown Track 1
Writer: Kaz

Post sequel sure knows how to make creative ideas for boating school episodes. Today we deal with the real life issue of self driving cars. I don't know how this idea ever came up, or how giving the boat a personality, ever came into the writers minds, but that is what the episode I am covering today is about. I never really remember this as a standout of the Season, but maybe another watch will make me appreciate this episode a bit more?

The episode begins at some boat store, with Spongebob playing around with a boat. It's a pretty cute scene, and very Spongebob esque. A salesmen comes to Spongebob, and tries to sell him a boat. Spongebob informs him that he does not have a license, so the salesmen shows Coup, a self driving boat. Spongebob immidiatly purchases the boat, but struggles to start the car. The boat ons, and introduces himself, and they get right on rolling.

They meet some of the main characters, cause chaos, and go home. It starts to rain, and Coupe wants to go inside. He overtakes Spongebob's bed, and Spongebob and Gary have to sleep outside. The next day, Coupe takes Spongebob to work, but Patrick interupts them. Patrick annoys Coupe, so he ejects Pat away. They reach the Krusty Krab, but Coupe hates it. Coupe decides to take Spongebob to do what Coupe wants, saying Spongebob has no taste.

Spongebob repeatdly says he has to go to work, but says he has to pee, so Coupe let's him go. Spongebob buys a steering wheel, and attaches it on Coupe, and a lenghty action scene takes place. Coupe innitially gets the upper hand, taking them to a classy hotel, but Spongebob uses it a a shortcut to the Krusty Krab. They go through the drive through, Spongebob buys a krabby patty with ice cream, and smashes it over Coupe. Through all the craziness, Pat comes in to save the day. The episode ends with Pat riding on Coupe, much to his dismay.

The episode certainly went in a direction that I was not expecting. I was afraid it would be way to similar to Bust Your Bubble, but no it managed to be it's own thing, which I can respect. What I am not so fond of is how little build up there is to Coupe becoming a jerk. I think there should have been more time of Spongebob and Coupe being friends before Coupe becomes a rich snob. The rest of the story is fine as is. My favorite part would probably be the action scene. It was fun, high energy, and used the fast pace well. I do wish there was a bit more of it, as I feel a few gags (especially the Mrs. Puff one) could have been cut, but I did enjoy the climax a lot.

I feel the episode starts and ends with some really good gags, but the middle is rather dry. Yes, I did enjoy the scenes with Spongebob at the boat store. The salesmen had a few funny lines, I enjoyed him showing the nerd mobile and the wimp wagon, and Spongebob fumbling with Coupe was kinda funny as well. The only jokes I like during the middle was when Spongebob threatened to pee on Coupe, and Coupe saying that Spongebob had no taste, as it was so cruel and straight that it was funny. I found some good jokes in the climax, such as Spongebob saying well played as a fake out to take the shortcut to the Krusty Krab. I feel if the middle was more streamlined with jokes, we could have had another Teachers Pests.

Patrick. Yes, he was really obnoxious and dumb and poorly written. He doesn't outright ruin the episode, as his scene in the middle is prety short, but he does hamper my enjoyment a bit. Spongebob sort of migates Patrick, as he is characterized perfectly. I do like how Spongebob isn't a pushover here, and does fight back against Coupe. It's nice that the writers are exploring his character more, instead of doing the same blind happiness shtick that got old in the dark ages. Coupe is kind of lie a Le Spatula type character, but he has a lot more to him, and I do enjoy his antics a bit. He is especially fun at the climax, with his character shining, and I thought he was a good one off.

Some good things, a bit of bad sprinkled in, and you get this episode. I honestly don't have much to say, a lot of the episode is competent. It is a creative idea, and is executed decently well. I like some of the jokes, though I would have liked more to be present, and I thought Coupe was well written, even though I would prefer if he had more time to be friends with Spongebob. While Patrick was pretty annoying, it sort of is migated by Spongebob being a fun protaganist with more depth than he usually is given. It does everything passably well, and is more interesting than yesterdays episode. That really is all I have to say.

Score: 6/10
Thoughts: (Flawed, but not bad)
Place: #15/22

Season 11 as a whole
9/10
1. Teachers Pests
2. Squid Noir
8/10
4. The Checkup
7. Spot Returns
7/10
8. Sanitation Insanuty
9. Chatterbox Gary
11. Spin the Bottle
12. Man Ray Returns
13. Scavenger Pants
14. Cave Dwelling Sponge
6/10
15. Drive Happy
5/10
16. Cuddle E Hugs
17. Don't Feed the Clowns
18. No Pictures Please
4/10
19. The Clam Whisperer
20. Stuck on the Roof
3/10
21. Bunny Hunt
2/10
22. Pat the Horse

QOTD Do you have a name for any inanimate objects? (stuffed animals don't count)

hippythehippo

Banished
Episode 224b Old Man Patrick
Air-date: Febuary 14, 2018
Plot: Patrick becomes an old man, so Spongebob has to show him how fun being a child can be.
Music: Champagne Music
Writer: Kaz

This is an episode that people seem to love or hate. Unfortunetly, as have been the case of the last 2 episodes, this is one that just does not stick in my mind. This just strikes me as another rather average-ish episode, and Patrick has not had the greatest streak this Season. Pat the Horse and Bunny Hunt were abysmal, and No Pictures Please had the problem of being very boring, and that had Patrick at the helm of the ship. Maybe this review will make me appreiciate the episode more (at least I hope)?

I have to say, I love the opening set piece that the episode opens up with. They decide to start off at a community pool, and they get some great mileage of the craziness of the pool, with some clever "Spongebob type" humor (I'm refering to the water wings joke). Spongebob and Patrick are playing Marco Polo, with Spongebob trying to find Patrick. Patrick goes to the far side of the pool to hide, where some elderly fish are alsoswimming. The life guard tells the elders to get out of the pool, and one of the fish mistakes Patrick for "Mortomore". Patrick gets out of the pool, only to see wrinkles, but gets on the bus at the mention of ice cream. Mortomore appears to be in a lost and found that Larry apparently has (btw, Larry being a lifeguard here came back from Spongeguard on Duty). Spongebob keeps on saying Marco, until a guy who actually is named Marco gets mad, and tells Spongebob to stop saying his name.

The bus arrives at Shady Shoals, and Patrick gets comfy rather quickly. They transition him into being an old person, as Spongebob is still looking for Patrick. Spongebob meets Marco again, and Marco puches Spongebob to Shady Shoals, where he meets Patrick as an old man (how fitting). Spongebob wants to play with Patrick, but Patrick says he is too old, and says what he and his friends do. Spongebob tries to convine Pat to act their age, but Patrick and his friends say they are too old, whoch prompts Spongebob to help the old fish feel younger.

They first climb a tree, than do a dance party (skipping over these since there is not too much to talk about), and Spongebob takes them through the street. One fish wants to go to Bunny Buns (15 years boys), and Spongebob thinks it is a good idea. He gets quickly tired by the elders constantly getting into trouble though, and he eventually gets old. The steam from Spongebob's pours makes Patrick young, and Patrick goes back to Shady Shouls to bury Spongebob, but it is a fake out ending, and Spongebob survives (how shocking).

The episode is rather slow at times. The pacing doesn't feel ungodly slow, like a run of the mill Season 8 episode, but something about the pacing makes the episode drag on. The episode had the right idea in the beginning, as it is fun and fast paced, as well as delivers a clear reason why Patrick would think he is an old man, but after that the episode just feels like it just goes on. I will give full props for the opening scene, I really love it a lot, and it does improve the episode quite a bit, and the rest of the episode isn't exactly bad, but it just feels really middle of the road.

Unlike Don't Feed the Clowns, this episode did make me laugh. It was not consistant, but it does have some good jokes. Obviously the theme song reference is god tier, and I do love the water wings joke as well. I don't know how to feel about Marco. I don't exactly like the stupid running gag about him getting mad at Spongebob for saying Marco, but his accent is so over the top campy, that it does make me laugh at his absurdity. There probably were a few lines or visuals here and there, so at least the episode was not a total bore.

This episode proves that Patrick just can not carry an episode all by himself. A big problem with the middle is that it's Patrick just giving exposition, and not too much funny or interesting stuff is happening. He doesn't do anything annoying or obnoxious, but he doesn't really have much of a personality when he becomes a old man. I do like Spongebob in the episode. He brings the perfect balance of childness and maturity to the episode. Trust me, this episode could have been a lot worse if Spongebob behaved like he did in Squidward's School for Grownups, but here I can't nitpick much. The other old fish are as one note as you can go. Heck, I don't even remember anyones name besides Mortomore for some reason.

3 episodes in a row where it was just forgettablely average. This is probably funnier than the previous two episodes, but Drive Happy at least has some sort of energy at points, even if the middle is rather dry in jokes. Here, the pacing makes the episode drag on, and not in a good way where I want more. This episode further proves my point that Patrick can not carry an episode by himself, and falls through many of the same pitfalls as Rise and Shine and The Monster who Came to Bikini Bottom. While this one is nowhere near as horrible as those two, it has the same flaws, though to a lesser degree. This is just another inoffensive, yet kinda bland, episode, and that makes it the third one in a row.

Score: 5/10
Thoughts: (Flawed, but not bad)
Place: #16/23

Season 11 as a whole
9/10
1. Teachers Pests
2. Squid Noir
8/10
4. The Checkup
7. Spot Returns
7/10
8. Sanitation Insanuty
9. Chatterbox Gary
11. Spin the Bottle
12. Man Ray Returns
13. Scavenger Pants
14. Cave Dwelling Sponge
6/10
15. Drive Happy
5/10
16. Old Man Patrick
17. Cuddle E Hugs
18. Don't Feed the Clowns
19. No Pictures Please
4/10
20. The Clam Whisperer
21. Stuck on the Roof
3/10
22. Bunny Hunt
2/10
23. Pat the Horse

Maybe Fun Sized Friends can break this streak of average episodes?

QOTD How many grandparents do you have?

hippythehippo

Banished
Episode 225a Fun Sized Friends
Air-date: Febuary 15, 2018
Plot: Spongebob and Patrick exchange little versions of themselves, but mistreat their tiny friends.
Music: Aloha Bikini Bottom
Writer: Andrew Goodman

With the last 3 episodes being mediocre, I am hoping this one can break the pattern. Unfortunetly, this episode is not the most well recieved episode from the Season at all. I like the premise of this one, I think the crew can get a lot of mileage out of Spongebob and Patrick having mini versions of themselves, and the premise itself is very creative. I'm beating around the bush a bit, as there is not much to say, but I'm hoping this one is a good one.

This episode opens up to the fantastic sounds of Spongebob and Patrick screaming while doing random nonsense. Apparently they somehow make pancakes, and Squidward gets annoyed at them. This can only end so well. Squidward asks why they can't be quiet, and Sponge and Pat say that it is because they cherish their time together. This gives Spongebob the idea to cut a part of them out, and somehow it makes it sentient. I like how they use remember that Spongebob and Patrick can regenerate limbs, it is a nice reminder that Spongebob and Patrick are sea creatures. Patrick does the same, and they exchange their little pals, and go home.

Spongebob and Patrick get the tiny friends comfy in their own special way. The episode has the right idea here on where to go. It feels nice and pleasent, something the rest of the episode is not. When it comes day, it quickly comes apparent that Spongebob and Patrick can not handle the tiny friends well, as they repeatdly get injured in the case of tiny Spongebob (and to an extent, tiny Patrick), or are disatisfied with the conditions. Patrick especially mistreats tiny Spongebob, andfalls asleep. Tiny Spongebob frees a humiliated tiny Patrick at Spongebob's house, and the 2 plot for revenge.

The next day, Spongebob and Patrick wake up tied to the ground. The tiny Sponge and Pat have tied them their, and start beating the 2 up, and start to go do other things. However, the tiny friends are to small to do anything, so Spongebob and Patrick find a solution. They make tiny houses for their friends, and the tiny friends are happy. They then kidnap Squidward, and the episode ends.

I'm gonna be honest, the only scene I liked storywise was the part where Spongebob and Patrick made houses for their tiny friends. It was really nice and upbeat, and was a good resolution to the conflict. But the rest of the episode? By god, it's so boring. It's not even offensivly bad or anything, but the story moves at a snail pace for most of it, much like Old Man Patrick. They go with a cliche revenge plot, and Spongebob and Patrick just mistreat the tiny guys in a almost generic "going through the motions" way. The episode just feels overly negative until the end, and it leaves me not wanting to come back. So we have established that this is not a good episode, will the positives of the other 2 catagories make this a meh, or will they also be lacking, and plunge this into bad.

The only place I laughed was Patrick mixing up Spongebob and Plankton's roles. The slapstick here is SO boring. The jokes are so predictable, and the Krusty Krab scene is so dull and pointless. I really don't have too much to say. The episode stuck with one note types of jokes, visual or slapstick, and they really hurt the episode, as I find most of it to not help the episodes case of being really boring.

I don't like big Patrick here. They play hims so genericly in his being a big idiot shtick. I really wish they pushed his personality a bit more here, as there really isn't much redeeming him here. He just sorta lets tiny Spongebob get repeatdly hurt. Big Spongebob is portrayed fine, which is the standard for this point, so I won't complain. I have nothing against him, the writers write him just fine. The tiny friends are portrayed fine, I just wish they did something more interesting surronding them, as the generic revenge plot makes the tiny friends incredibly forgetabble.

Ugh, everything about this episode just screams boring and generic. That's really the perfect way to describe this episode. It's not like this episode is downright terrible, but it lacks redeeming qualities to stay out of the bad catagory. Being honest, it is hard to talk about this episode. It's just really dull and not funny, a combo that a Spongebob episode hopefully should not have. Well we are continuing a 4 episode streak of no good episodes, but I'm sure that tomorrows episode has much more in store for us.

Rating: Bad
Score: 4/10
Thoughts: (Doesn't reperesent what Spongebob stands for)
Place: #20/24

Season 11 as a whole
9/10
1. Teachers Pests
2. Squid Noir
8/10
4. The Checkup
7. Spot Returns
7/10
8. Sanitation Insanuty
9. Chatterbox Gary
11. Spin the Bottle
12. Man Ray Returns
13. Scavenger Pants
14. Cave Dwelling Sponge
6/10
15. Drive Happy
5/10
16. Old Man Patrick
17. Cuddle E Hugs
18. Don't Feed the Clowns
19. No Pictures Please
4/10
20. Fun Sized Friends
21. The Clam Whisperer
22. Stuck on the Roof
3/10
23. Bunny Hunt
2/10
24. Pat the Horse

QOTD We are about half way through the Season, how is it so far?

hippythehippo

Banished
Episode 225b Grandmum's the Word
Air-date: Febuary 16, 2018
Plot: Plankton's grandma is coming to Bikni Bottom, and he has to convince her he owns the Krusty Krab for her 90th birthday
Music: Earl's Revenge
Writer: Mr. Lawrence

If there ever was a character that would return to the series, I would never expect it would a one off who was ina forgettable Imitation Krabs rip off that people probably forgot existed. I don't even think we got this characters name in the episode. This was a risky move by Mr. Lawrence, as we don't have a firm attachment to the character, unlike say Bubble Bass or Man Ray. However, I am more than happy to say that Mr. Lawrence envisoned a genius idea that makes Plankton's grandma come back in a logical way, and the episode works out splendidly. Let's dive right in.

The episode opens up with Plankton giving Karen a spa bath. Plankton turns into a character named Rey Rey, and as he is about to kiss Karen, his grandma pops up on Karen's screen. Plankton quickly tries to get her away, as Plankton's grandma mentions she is coming to Bikini Bottom tomorrow. Taken aback, Plankton asks why she is coming, and she says that Plankton promised her that he would own the Krusty Krab by her 90th birthday. Plankton lies, and says he owns it, but immidietly regrets it, asking Karen how he can convince her. Karen is mad, and kicks Plankton out of the Chum Bucket.

Spongebob is twirling a sign outisde, and Plankton quickly tells him his problem. Spongebob believes him, but he is not sure if Krabs will. Krabs shows up, and Plankton tells him the story too, but Krabs does not buy it. Plankton has to use his sincere face, which means he is telling the truth. Krabs accepts it. He hides te formula in his stomach, and tells Spongebob and Squidward to make the Krusty Krab pro Plankton. We then get a fun scene of Spongebob and Squidward decorating, and they finish just as Grandma Plankton (who I will be calling as Lily from here on out) arries.

Plankton and Karen meet Lily, but she quickly insults Karen, making Karen leave for the rest of the episode. Plankton intoduces Lily to the inner workings of the Krusty Krab. She gets introduced to Mr. Krabs and Spongebob, and they quickly get to work (with some funny banter between Krabs and Plankton). She also meets Squidward, who she has an instant attraction too. Interesting devolpment, but it's really funny, so it's fine. Lily uses Squidward to chew a patty (gross out truly never left), and commends Plankton for a great experience.

Before she leaves, she wants a picture with the krabby patty secret formula. Plankton begs Krabs, and Krabs concedes. As the krusty krew is about to take the picture, Lily uses her purse to make a rocket, stealing the formula. Krabs questions Plankton, but Plankton says he did not know, but he quickly loves it, asking Lily if they will use the formula to rule together as a family. However, Lily has other plans, dropping Plankton to a ketchup packet below (clever). The gang are all regretful, as Lily makes it to Shady Shoals. She plots how she will rule the world with the formula in a fantasy (poor Squid), but falls asleep. Krabs and Plankton are there to steal the formula back, and Plankton wishes Lily happy birthday (awww).

This is hands down one of the smoothest stories this Season has offered. The only real bump I can see here is the sign gag, which goes 5 seconds too long. But that is such a minor criticsm, as the rest of the story is really great. The plot itself is so simple, and had been used before, yet they make the episode unpredctable and entertaining enough that it feels classic. I never noticed this until someone (McSponge) pointed it out, but the liar revealed trope is never used here. I think it's a very good thing, as I feel it would ruin the flow the episode has, and otherwise ruin Plankton's motivations if the two worked together to get the formula. The plot twist that Lily wants to steal the formula adds extra tension, and makes an awesome climax, along with Krabs and Planktons reactions. Oh yeah, it's also nice to see Krabs and Plankton have to work for a shared goal. We don't get this often enough, and it works fantasticly here.

If the story isn't good enough, this is one of the funniest of the Season. Small lines like Plankton calling Squidward a nobody, Plankton being Rey Rey, Krabs calling Lily "that hag with a bag", and Krabs, Plankon, and Spongebob's melodramatic scene near the end keep the episode consitantly amusing throughout. Obviously the best parts are when Lily falls in love with Squidward. It's such a genius plot twist, and it's absolutly hilarious here. It's such a plot twist, and yet it works out so well.

One reason why this episode was so ambitous is because well, Lily had no character in Grandmas Secret Recipe. She was used as a plot device in that episode, so the crew had full freedom to do whatever they wan with Lily here. And I think they got her a nice personality here. She is pretty tough here, and they add the fact that the Planktons are all very deceptive. Her love story with Squidward adds to her character, while making the episode really funny. Plankton, Krabs, Karen, and everyone else are how they should act, and are all in character and fun here.

As you can see, I think this episode is really good. It employs a classic story with enough Spongebob charm to work. While it is not the most original story out there, even for Spongebob, it takes it in a new and ambitious direction that makes this feel fresh and fun. This episode takes full advantage of Lily here, adding a personality, something that the awful predecsessor didn't, while keeping the episode entertaining and funny throughout. Honestly, this might be the first time in the Season that I felt like I was watching a Season 3 episode, I like this that much. Obviously this is the best episode of the I love Spongebob week (if anyone remembers that lol), and one of my favorites for the Season.

Rating: Good
Score: 8/10
Thoughts: (An enjoyable, if not mildly flawed, episode)
Place: #5/25

Season 11 as a whole
9/10
1. Teachers Pests
2. Squid Noir
8/10
4. The Checkup
5. Grandmum's the Word
6. The Legend of Boo-kini Bottom
7. Larry the Floor Manager
8. Spot Returns
7/10
9. Sanitation Insanuty
10. Chatterbox Gary
11. Krabby Patty Creature Feature
12. Spin the Bottle
13. Man Ray Returns
14. Scavenger Pants
15. Cave Dwelling Sponge
6/10
16. Drive Happy
5/10
17. Old Man Patrick
18. Cuddle E Hugs
19. Don't Feed the Clowns
20. No Pictures Please
4/10
21. Fun Sized Friends
22. The Clam Whisperer
23. Stuck on the Roof
3/10
24. Bunny Hunt
2/10
25. Pat the Horse

QOTD What toppings do you like to put on your pizzas?

Coffee_lover

Banished
As much as I late I just drop my opinion from this Week:

From all this week,Chatterbox Gary is the only truly standing episode,there not a single thing that brother or discussed me.The story is entertaining in every minute,humor is spot on,animation is gorgeous,and of course that "Papa Bob" scene is cute overload.One of the best for this season.

I found Don’t Weed The Clowns to be really underrated,yes,story isn’t that great and ending felt rushed,but it’s still really cute episode with a lot of amusing visual humor.

Drive Happy is solid as well,I really love the dialogues and climax along with solid Spongebob’s characterization,add for all this some decent jokes,it would be such a great ep...but then comes Patrick and ruin it.It’s still good,but damn!

I kind of enjoyed Old Man Patrick,even with some noticeable flaws like odd plot and 2 or 3 incredibly mediocre jokes,I still found story to be interesting (and a bit cute)with pack of funny moments,not of my favorites,but I accept it as it do

I’m so got disappointed in Fun Sized Friends,even with such a potential concept it become to a "Oh yeah that one exist" type of episodes.In fact,without all this cartoony animation episode felt like average S8 episode,because it not even trying to do something!Easily one of the worst of this season.

While I don’t found Grandmum’s The Word to be as good as some people say,it’s still a great episode.I can’t add anything new for it.But I’m agree with everything you said.

And just for the point,even I like most of this episodes,I’m still fell that this week (Snd Cuddle E. Hugs-More Your Bubble Bass period as a whole)is below average for season.Fortunately,since High Sea Diving this season improved again and outside of Stink Lemonade and Patnoc I love every episode from it

Back