Every Episode of SpongeBob Reviewed: A Video Series

hfjs

Alright, it was an honest mistake. Move on time.

Season 6 Opinions:

House Fancy - Good
Krabby Road - Good
Penny Foolish - Scumbob
Nautical Novice - Meh
Spongicus - Meh
Suction Cup Symphony - Good
Not Normal - Good
Gone - Meh
The Splinter - Good
Slide Whistle Stooges - Scumbob
A Life In A Day - Meh
Sun Bleached - Scumbob
Giant Squidward - Good
No Nose Knows - Scumbob
Plankton's Regular - Scumbob
Patty Caper - Meh
Boating Buddies - Scumbob
The Krabby Kronicle - Meh
Slumber Party - Good
Grooming Gary - Scumbob
Big One - Scumbob
Porous Pockets - Meh
Choir Boys - Scumbob
Krusty Krushers - Good
The Card - Scumbob
Dear Vikings - Scumbob
Ditchin - Scumbob
Granpappy the Pirate - Good
Cephalopod Lodge - Scumbob
Squid's Visit - Scumbob
Squarepants - Scumbob
Shuffleboarding - Scumbob
Professor Squidward - Scumbob
Pet or Pests - Scumbob
Komputer Overload - Good
Gullible Pants - Meh
Overbooked - Meh
No Hat for Pat - Good
Toy Store of Doom - Meh
Sand Castles in the Sand - Good
Shell Shocked - Meh
Chum Bucket Supreme - Good
Single Cell Anniversary - Good
Truth or Square - Scumbob
Pineapple Fever - Scumbob
Chum Caverns - Meh
Clash of Triton - Scumbob

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Here's what I think pg's top 5 could be.

1. Krabby Road
2. Single cell anniversary
3. Suction cup symphony
4. Sand Castles in the Sand, A day in a life or Not Normal
5. Spongicus or Krusty Krushers

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Isn't a plot just what the story's about? Since Truth or Square is about them celebrating the eleventy-seventh anniversary of the Krusty Krab and getting trapped in the freezer room? So wouldn't that be the plot for the episode? Just asking. :P

J's Reviews

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Isn't a plot just what the story's about? Since Truth or Square is about them celebrating the eleventy-seventh anniversary of the Krusty Krab and getting trapped in the freezer room? So wouldn't that be the plot for the episode? Just asking. :P
Since the episode is 40 + minutes, I think he means it isn't enough plot

Pieguyrulz

One Coarse Me
President Squidward said:
Them celebrating the anniversary is more of a premise than a plot. Them getting stuck in the freezer is a plot, but that doesn't happen until 18 minutes in. After that, literally nothing else is relevant to the plot until the bust out at 45 minutes in, which they could have done at any time. There were no obstacles for our characters to overcome or anything. In a 51 minute movie, you can not get away with only having only two plot points. So yes, there is a plot, it's just tiny and flimsy.

Slycooperfan#1 said:
Since the episode is 40 + minutes, I think he means it isn't enough plot
Bingo.

WhoWantsStancakes

Hm, my top 5 favorite post-movie episodes:

1. Plankton's Pet

2. It's a SpongeBob Christmas!

3. Treats!

4. Sand Castles in the Sand

5. Safe Deposit Krabs

I'm pretty sure all of these could've fit in the first three seasons, lol.

Them celebrating the anniversary is more of a premise than a plot. Them getting stuck in the freezer is a plot, but that doesn't happen until 18 minutes in. After that, literally nothing else is relevant to the plot until the bust out at 45 minutes in, which they could have done at any time. There were no obstacles for our characters to overcome or anything. In a 51 minute movie, you can not get away with only having only two plot points. So yes, there is a plot, it's just tiny and flimsy.
So how would you feel if it was just an 11 minute episode, and no patchy or anything like that, if it was just a regular episode with that plot, how would you feel about it? Just a thought.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Since the Season 6 episode is coming next week, and I’m super excited, I might as well post my predictions. :) Oh, and by the way, as you’ve probably noticed, I’m not a Patreon patron anymore. I’m just not allowed to use that website anymore. I’m sorry. =/ But anyway, here are my predictions:

House Fancy- Meh
Krabby Road- Good
Penny Foolish- ScumBob
Nautical Novice- ScumBob
Spongicus- Good
Suction Cup Symphony- Meh
Not Normal- Good
Gone- Meh
The Splinter- ScumBob
Slide Whistle Stooges- ScumBob
A Life in a Day- Good
Sun Bleached- ScumBob
Giant Squidward- ScumBob
No Nose Knows- ScumBob
Patty Caper- Meh
Plankton's Regular- ScumBob
Boating Buddies- ScumBob!!!
The Krabby Kronicle- Meh
The Slumber Party- Meh
Grooming Gary- ScumBob
SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One- ScumBob
Porous Pockets- ScumBob
Choir Boys- ScumBob
Krusty Krushers- Good
The Card- ScumBob
Dear Vikings- ScumBob
Ditchin'- Meh
Grandpappy the Pirate- Good
Cephalopod Lodge- ScumBob
Squid's Visit- Meh
To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants- ScumBob
Shuffleboarding- ScumBob
Professor Squidward- ScumBob
Pet or Pests- ScumBob
Komputer Overload- ScumBob
Gullible Pants- ScumBob
Overbooked- Meh
No Hat for Pat- ScumBob
Toy Store of Doom- Meh
Sand Castles in the Sand- Good
Shell Shocked- Good
Chum Bucket Supreme- Good
Single Cell Anniversary- Good
Truth or Square- ScumBob
Pineapple Fever- ScumBob
Chum Caverns- Good
The Clash of Triton- ScumBob

11 Good
10 Meh
26 ScumBob

ScumBob Season

Tstarr

I'm not a Krusty Krab.
Here's my opinions on all episodes from Season 6 I've seen. If the episode isn't there, it means I never saw it or I don't remember enough about it.

Season 6 Opinions:

House Fancy - Scumbob
Penny Foolish - Scumbob
Nautical Novice - Meh
Spongicus - Good
Suction Cup Symphony - Meh
Not Normal - Meh
Gone - Scumbob (kinda close to Meh though)
The Splinter - Scumbob
Slide Whistle Stooges - Scumbob
Sun Bleached - Scumbob
Plankton's Regular - Scumbob
Patty Caper - Meh
Boating Buddies - Scumbob
The Krabby Kronicle - Scumbob
Slumber Party - Meh
Porous Pockets - Scumbob
Choir Boys - Scumbob
Krusty Krushers - Good
The Card - Scumbob
Dear Vikings - Scumbob
Granpappy the Pirate - Good
Cephalopod Lodge - Scumbob
Squid's Visit - Scumbob
To Squarepants Or Not To Squarepants - Scumbob
Shuffleboarding - Scumbob
Pet or Pests - Scumbob
Toy Store of Doom - Scumbob
Sand Castles in the Sand - Good
Chum Bucket Supreme - Meh
Single Cell Anniversary - Good
Truth or Square - Scumbob
Pineapple Fever - Scumbob
Chum Caverns - Meh
Clash of Triton - Scumbob

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
I can understand not liking truth or square for many reasons, but to not like it because something is illogical doesn't make sense. Is it logical a talking sponge and starfish can light fires underwater and cool burgers and again, talk?

Tstarr

I'm not a Krusty Krab.
BagelsinEurope said:
So how would you feel if it was just an 11 minute episode, and no patchy or anything like that, if it was just a regular episode with that plot, how would you feel about it? Just a thought.
He'd probably still hate it, or at best, give it a Meh.

Pieguyrulz

One Coarse Me
TropicalNards112233 said:
I can understand not liking truth or square for many reasons, but to not like it because something is illogical doesn't make sense. Is it logical a talking sponge and starfish can light fires underwater and cool burgers and again, talk?
SB talking is a necessity for the show to function. Fire underwater is a joke exactly because it's so far from reality. It doesn't make sense for SB to jump on people's heads, because they were only in a line, not a crazy crowd like in Patty Hype. The joke is supposed to be that SB does something silly to get to work because there is no other way, that joke falls flat when there is another way. It just makes SB seem like a jerk for no reason.

If SB spent the entire episode screaming for no explained reason, would it be logical? Nope. Would it be funny? Most likely not.

Also, no I don't hate ToS because of one little poorly executed joke. It's just another twig thrown on the giant fire that is the other problems.

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
GoGoGadget831 said:
Oooooo I have an idea for a future Spongey bits. How about every Spongebob song reviewed?
^ YES, I AM SO FOR THIS.

Although personally, if a song made it onto one of the show's official soundtrack CDs, I'd like it to be reviewed alongside the other songs from the CD it was put on as a sort of album review. If the song just stayed in the show (so far), then this grab-bag approach would work better.

SpongyDevotee said:
Since the Season 6 episode is coming next week, and I’m super excited, I might as well post my predictions. :) Oh, and by the way, as you’ve probably noticed, I’m not a Patreon patron anymore. I’m just not allowed to use that website anymore. I’m sorry. =/
Whoa, what happened? Did your parents find out about the friend's credit card plan?

Faux Troll

Moby Dollar
It doesn't make sense for SB to jump on people's heads, because they were only in a line, not a crazy crowd like in Patty Hype. The joke is supposed to be that SB does something silly to get to work because there is no other way, that joke falls flat when there is another way. It just makes SB seem like a jerk for no reason.
I think the joke would've worked better if it showed Squidward just walking past the line right after or something.

GoGoGadget831

Moby Dollar
What do you guys think of the episode Penny Foolish? When I first saw it, I didn't have very strong feelings for it. But I watched it recently and I found it really stupid and slightly annoying. And how about Nautical Novice? For me, I liked it up until the ending.

Katniss

totally coral
I thought Penny Foolish was really dumb. I know Mr. Krabs has always loved money but the lengths he was going to for one penny was ridiculous. And then SpongeBob thinking that a $500 bill is gum? Sigh.

goodmorning

Moby Dollar
penny foolish is one of the milder scumbobs of season 6 (along with the slumber party and ditchin', IMO). krabs was annoying, the ending was stupid, and the plot itself was stupid. krabs already has thousands of pennies, why would he be so obsessed over ONE SINGLE PENNY? reminds me of a worse episode...

plankton's regular. god, i hate that one.

GoGoGadget831

Moby Dollar
I'm going to be doing my own countdown until the review comes out by rewatching one review per day. Here's the plan:

Season 1 - Friday (today)
Season 2 - Saturday (tomorrow)
Season 3 - Sunday
Movie - Monday
Season 4 - Tuesday
Season 5 - Wednesday

SEASON 6 - THURSDAY

Back