Ernest Borgnine passed away 5 years ago

Mr. Anthony

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The famous actor Ernest Borgnine died 5 years ago. He is well known for the role of Mermaid Man in SpongeBob. Since then they haven't made any episode where Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy would have played a major role and they have sent them to retire. They were only mentioned as it was in the episode SpongeBob LongPants. Or they were replaced as in the episode Mermaid Pants. I miss the old episodes about Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. Rest in peace, dear superhero. :(
OHNw5YmvtmU.jpg

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
Mr. Anthony said:
The famous actor Ernest Borgnine died 5 years ago. He is well known for the role of Mermaid Man in SpongeBob. Since then they haven't made any episode where Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy would have played a major role and they have sent them to retire. They were only mentioned as it was in the episode SpongeBob LongPants. Or they were replaced as in the episode Mermaid Pants. I miss the old episodes about Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. Rest in peace, dear superhero. :(
OHNw5YmvtmU.jpg
why not get a new actor

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
spongebob pokemonpants said:
it wouldn't be the first time that happened cough scooby doo cough
Except Scooby-Doo is the main character, they couldn't carry on the franchise without him.

But Mermaid Man isn't. They could have replaced Ernest, but they didn't need to.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
It's been that long. I'm glad the writers are doing "Mermaid Pants" episodes instead of replacing Borgnine. His legacy lives on with those episodes and I can't wait for the sequel.

Also, this month marks 5 years since season 9 started. It feels like the season just ended this year, and it actually did this February

KarateSponge

Parawhore
spongebob pokemonpants said:
it wouldn't be the first time that happened cough scooby doo cough
1. Hanna Barbara's money machine is Scooby Doo so that sums that up.
2. Why replace if you can't get any better?

RIP Ernest Borgnine. I remember being pretty sad when I heard the news.

i know i'm saddened by this,five years with no mermaidman and barnacle boy episodes,i do understand this,they were good episodes while they lasted. anyway rip ernest borgnine.

Super Weenie Hut Junior

Imitation Krab
I actually fell on the floor when I heard the news, and at the time it was pretty hard to process.

Rest in peace, Mr. Borgnine.

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
BeanoSponge said:
Except Scooby-Doo is the main character, they couldn't carry on the franchise without him.

But Mermaid Man isn't. They could have replaced Ernest, but they didn't need to.
true i know actually i mean't shaggy or vincent van ghouul

dmandaboi

I love SBM
I don't remember finding out about the news the day it happened, but when I saw it, I'll admit I was pretty shaken. To think a voice actor who voiced a (somewhat) well known character of a universally known cartoon... is dead, the feeling kinda gets to me. Kinda sad, kinda creepy.

abisert

Giant Clam
It's still sad to know this as I liked the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episodes, but I'll be okay with the Mermaid Pants episodes (I haven't watched it yet,). Rest in peace.

Back