Episodes You Thought Were In a Different Season

ataeaf

Outdated meme I know
Self-explanatory.

Party Pooper Pants: Not sure why, but I originally thought it was in season 2.

Driven to Tears, Rule of Dumb, The Pink Purloiner, the Gift of Gum: Because they aired together on the Patrick for President marathon (which I still have a VHS tape of) I thought they were all in season 5.

Breath of Fresh Squidward: This is the type of episode that would air in season 6 or 7, right? Nope, it's season 5.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
As a kid, for the longest time I thought Squid's Day Off and Christmas Who were in season 1.

And honest to god when I first saw "Don't Look Now," I thought it was an episode from season 2 or 3 that for some reason I'd never seen until that point.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I used to think Sailor Mouth was Season 3. In fact, I had to think for a few seconds before writing this to remember whether it was S2 or S3. I have no idea why I get that episode confused. It's one of my favourites, so you'd think it would be even more obvious to me than most episodes. I guess it's because S2 and S3 are similar in style so it's easier to confuse their episodes than a S1 episode.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
When I was younger, I thought the majority of season 4 was in seasons 1-3.

And of course when I was younger, I didn't know what "seasons" were, so I just referred to season 4 as part of the older episodes.

end

ataeaf said:
Self-explanatory.

Party Pooper Pants: Not sure why, but I originally thought it was in season 2.

Driven to Tears, Rule of Dumb, The Pink Purloiner, the Gift of Gum: Because they aired together on the Patrick for President marathon (which I still have a VHS tape of) I thought they were all in season 5.

Breath of Fresh Squidward: This is the type of episode that would air in season 6 or 7, right? Nope, it's season 5.
Upload those tapes. PLEASE!

As for the thread proper:
- Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture was Season 3
- Fear of a Krabby Patty / Shell of a Man were Season 3
- TSWCF was Season 4
- Good OI' Whatshisname was Season 4
- Rise & Shine / Waiting / Fungus Among Us were Season 4
- Friend or Foe? was Season 4
- Squid Wood was Season 5
- Krabby Road was Season 5
- Goo Goo Gas was Season 7
- The entire last fourth of Season 6 was Season 7 (SCitS onwards). I could've sworn I saw them listed as such in other sites back in 2009.

ataeaf

Outdated meme I know
I can't remember if the tape had just the episodes or the segments though. Plus the tape collection is blocked by loads of furniture.

SarahGiraffe

Giant Clam
I thought Goo Goo Gas/Le Big Switch was in Season 6.

I thought Just One Bite/The Bully was in Season 2.

I thought Shanghaied/Gary Takes A Bath, Welcome to the Chum Bucket/Frankendoodle, and Graveyard Shift/Krusty Love were all in Season 3.

I honestly think they just screwed up the airing dates. Because the Season 2 episodes were produced in 2001, and the Season 3 episodes were produced in 2002. Just One Bite/The Bully has a production date of 2001, and Welcome to the Chum Bucket/Frankendoodle, and Graveyard Shift/Krusty Love has a production date of 2002.

I think that Shanghaied really feels like a Season 3 episode, but it's not. Although Gary Takes A Bath was from 2003, so maybe that's why.

Wumbo

Part Computer or Something
Not sure if anyone else said this, but I would've bet my life on Skill Crane and The Lost Mattress being pre-movie episodes. Probably because I automatically relate the most memorable episodes to this time period, but I now realize that season 4 had some pretty awesome episodes.

Back