Episodes you expected to be bad but turned out to be really good (and vice versa!)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
As the title says, what episodes did you think would be bad but ended up being good? Or episodes you thought would be good but ended up being bad.

I personally thought Sanitation Insanity would be bad because it sounded too similar to Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful, an episode I found very lackluster. But it ended up being quite creative and funny!

As for vice-versa, I thought The Night Patty would be a really cool and fun episode but it ended up being really boring.

The Ballad of The Filthy Muck (if that’s how you phrase the title Lol) turned out to be better than I excepted and felt classic even! Also sort of agree with you on The Night Patty but it still has a good feel to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coft

happy hopping moron
Mimic Madness could’ve been Face Freeze 2 but it was amazing.

I honestly thought mind the gap would be good but it’s just another SB abandons things to do other things (ie. As Seen On TV & Porous Pockets)

Cykamp

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Breakin’ could have been your average episode where spongebob does absolutely nothing, but it was actually enjoyable.

The Tough Sponge Man

Floating Shopping List
I'd say that a lot of general unpopular SpongeBob are ones that I like (A Pal for Gary and SpongeBob You're Fired).

As for the good bad case, Hello Bikini Bottom!, no doubt.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
The Krusty Slammer was worse then I epxected. I have heard that this episode is amazing but it was meh and even less.
Neptune's Spatula. I remember it bad episode as a young and I do not like Neptune. But when I rewatched season 1 I found this episode as a very good episode.

KalloFox34

Floating Shopping List
I thought the episode What's Eating Patrick was going to be stupid based on the title.

It actually turned out to be my favorite episode in the season.

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
What's Eating Pat was way better than I thought.
MMBB4 was worse than it would be if viewed objectively
Super Evil Aquatic Villain team was SUCH a letdown.
Mustard O' Mine was actually pretty decent

Back