Episodes with bad premise but good execution

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
Some of my episodes that I like have really great jokes and story but based on a poor premise. That's No Lady is one example. While the episode is full of jokes and great humor, the premise it's built on (Patrick misunderstanding a travel brochure thinking he needs to get out of town) is really weak. Model Sponge is another example: While the story itself is great, the premise that SpongeBob thinking he would be fired and quitting his job would be weak. (Like Mr. Krabs would never fire SpongeBob without a reason, and SpongeBob jumped to conclusions too quickly!)

What are some episodes you think that has a bad premise but good execution? :sbjazz:

MPack

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Well, the first thing I can think of in regards to what this thread is about would be the season 3 episode "The Sponge Who Could Fly". There were a lot of good jokes and humor, and the Patchy segments (although he overstays his welcome a bit) are fine, but the plot of SpongeBob wanting to learn how to fly is solid, but the worst part about it was the fact that the Bikini Bottomites were big jerks throughout the episode, from disrespecting SpongeBob's dreams to forcing him to help them out with his inflatable pants and to chase after him when he gets away to fly with the jellyfish.
Overall, the episode is debatable and is far from terrible.

Back