Episodes that you thought they were going to be good but they turned out horrible

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I don't really remember if we have a topic like this and if we do I am sorry . In this post just say episode(s) that you thought by their plot, trailer, title etc that they were going to be good or even great but they sucked , or you just found them meh or average ..
For me : SpongeBob LongPants , Sharks vs Pods and Gary in Love..

Zimmy11

Use your imagination...
Little Yellow Book, I loved first half but after where SpongeBob realised that Squidward was reading his diary (and up to the end), that's when I started to dislike the episode, that I now can't look at the first half like I used to whenever I come to rewatching it, the second half basically ruined the entire episode for me.

Ihavedahswag

Take it to the Top!
Sharks vs Pods.

I thought it was going to be some cool gangster story, and it did look funny, but then when the last three-minutes or so ended up being some boring, slightly embarrassing to watch dance scene, the episode did not find a way into my good books.

KrustyKrab

Part Computer or Something
Since everyone else has said The Fish Bowl, I'm going to say Mutiny on the Krusty. The synopsis made it sound promising, but the execution was terribly weak.

I also really expected Oral Report to be a better episode, but the lack of good jokes ruined it.

Sailor Mouth

Floating Shopping List
I thought Mutiny on the Krusty was going to be good because the description for the episode sounded great; I even visualized what it would be like, but (for me) it was a disappointment.

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom had an interesting premise but terribly ruined by Patrick's behavior

Donuts

Floating Shopping List
Gonna add to the list of people saying they were disappointed by Mutiny on the Krusty Krab. Such a good premise that ended up being not much different than what we've seen in numerous other episodes

The Clash of Triton, The Fishbowl, Sold!, Gone (tho I still like it but that ending UGH), Whatever Happened to SpongeBob, most of Legends of Bikini Bottom.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
The Fish Bowl and Pineapple Invasion. I had hope for them and they turned out to be pretty boring.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Lost in Bikini Bottom. I had every reason to think it would be a good episode. It was the first episode made after Hillenburg's return to the show, and it was storyboarded by the legendary BOB CAMP!

but it was really boring, really unfunny, and really annoying. Not to mention, it has the same plot as an episode from season 1, but does a much lesser job:

http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=r05qq74MGhUJ7fe3cNx97G95TTACuJxCJYKUjHvRQR4%3D

ScumBob

sicko m0de
Company Picnics was... good. The ending felt rushed.

Like:

They beat plankton in like 2 seconds and then say "This was a great picnic! ok whatever lets go home."

Back