Episodes that Would Make Better 22 Minute Specials

More

VIP
Planet of the Jellyfish

Last edited:

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Help Wanted

It may have been the first episode of the show but we'd have more of a backstory between SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, Patrick, and Squidward showing how they all met

In fact any of the character introduction episodes in season 1 (e.g Help Wanted, Tea at the Treedome, Plankton, etc) could benefit from their length being extended

Coffee_lover

Banished
Unironically,Sportz?I can seen here a lot of potential to 22-minute pack of fun with Spongebob/Patrick/Squidward/Sandy playing with tons of mixed sports elements.Unfortunately,at the end we get...this version of Sportz?

jwongle26

Baby Clam
Safe Deposit Krabs. I would've liked to see more scenes of Mr. Krabs slowly losing his mind.

Miru

Banished
spongebranch said:
Feral Friends and Back to the Past. Feral Friends could have shown more characters getting transformed into primal state like Bubble Bass, Plankton (it WAS in the rough storyboard though), pretty much all of the show's other incidental fish (we could actually learn what sea creatures they are based off of as well) rather than a select few, Gary the Snail, maybe even the scallops. Back to the Past could show the show's other main characters in the altered present controlled by Man Ray.

Truth or Square too. So it can get less of Patchy's BS and feel more interesting.

On another note, SpongeBob, You're Fired is better off as a 15 minute episode with all of that filler, especially the ones where almost nothing is going on that could've easily got shortened.
I agree on Feral Friends as a special, if not a TV movie or multi-part arc.

* Gary and Plankton are at the picnic with the rest of the cast, along with Karen, as well as Snellie, Mr. Doodles, and Rocky. Gary is the first to succumb, and Patrick has a tendency to swallow Gary. Plankton is secured by Karen, who works with Sandy, in a small container. She also prowls Jellyfish Fields, menaced by entangling primal jellyfish (and perhaps other creatures), to rescue the other pets. Gary and Plankton get segments in the French Narrator's narration, who also narrates Sandy and Karen after Neptune's Sun. Mr. Doodles and Bubble Bass may also get them, with Bubble Bass in a separate tank due to being a freshwater fish.
* Karen and Sandy work together in a call-back to Salsa Imbecillicus. Some of Sandy's fellow land-lubbers are also enlisted to Sandy's aid, but can't arrive until near the end.
* In the end, Karen is turned into a lifeless computer by Neptune's Sun and crushes Plankton underneath (looking and sounding like an accordion). We also see the likes of Kenny the Cat, Fuzzy Acorns, the Chimps from Chimps Ahoy!, Wormy, and Craig Mammalton being effected. Humorously, the Gorilla and the Zebra are turned into Cro-Magnons wearing cruder suits, rather than a regular gorilla and zebra. Craig is effected by Neptune's Moon and Sun differently each time due to being amphibious. First he has a regular seal body but his mind completely intact during Neptune's Moon, but vice versa thanks to Neptune's Sun.
* We also get a glimpse of Rock Bottom being affected. Maybe even characters like Mr. Seaweed Monster-Man? Puffy Fluffy? Realistic Fish Head? (What would happen to Realistic Fish Head due to Neptune's Moon?) Bubble Buddy would simply become a lifeless bubble, I assume.
* Near the end, we see that some fish didn't change back because they touched Neptune's Moon. We may also get the implication that this is why the swordfish from Neptune's Spatula were ordinary swordfish, and why the coral in the show seems to be ordinary coral. Maybe even why the sealife in Shell City looked very different from established characters for the most part?
* Explain that previously, Neptune's Moon was a cataclysm that would end entire civilizations in what is now Bikini Bottom.
* Have a scene where Karen considers stealing the formula from a Krusty Krab blighted by primal urchins.
* A sense of urgency is added to the episode, with the characters gradually becoming more primal. Hence why Sandy and Karen need Kenny to corral various other creatures for their own safety, including Junior and Mystery. Maybe give those two segments?
* The ending gag is extended. Potty decides in his wisdom to touch the thing, just as he's at first turned into a regular parrot. And then he turns into the Pottydactyl (or Archaeopteryx), and starts to lick Patchy the Cro-Magnon. (Although, according to Waller, Potty really is a puppet. I did not know this fact when I first saw the episode.) Maybe a ship full of cameos from Rocko's Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy also shows up, having turned primal from Neptune's Sun.

MimicMadness

Born On January 14
It should be Mimic Madness.
  • The plot feels like something that would be in a 22-minute episode.
  • The song "Who Am I?" is amazing.
  • There's a bad episode that weren't ever been produced if it wasn't for this being a regular episode. I hate its sister episode (House Worming)!
  • It just isn't bad enough to be 11 minutes,

Back