Episode match-up reviews!

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
Simple, you guys tell me two episodes and I will review both and pick a winner just out if the two. :) Example: It's a SpongeBob Christmas vs. Christmas Who?
They don't have to be pre-movie vs. pre-movie or post-movie vs. post movie. Just pick two random episodes!

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
Artist Unknown vs. The Googly Artiste

Artist Unknown VS. Googly Artiste

The art concept in episodes make for a good plot, and both plots in episodes are really clever. Lets look at pro's and con's.

ARTIST UNKNOWN:
Pros:
-Great characterization (SB & Squid do not act different than usual)
-Moar in-depth story (We get to see Squidward's art "talent" then we saw before)
-Clever jokes and word-play (the different crafts SB makes and the marble joke)
-Squidward apologizes
Cons:
-The ending (SB OR Squid could have gotten an actual career)
-The fact that ONLY SB was attending Squidward's class
Overall, the episode has minor cons, it was a different story-type to SB and it was a nice "experiment". Makes for a great SpongeBob/Squidward team-up. :)

THE GOOGLY ARTISTE
Pros:
-The berets (french-looking hats)
-Patrick's "success" (Patrick gets some recognition)
-Googly eyes
Cons:
-Patrick takes credit of SB's idea
-Squid gets no attention (Pat didn't steal any of Squid's ideas, it's just that not matter how hard he tries, he fails)
-Mr. K's greed is taken a little too far
Overall, the episode isn't great, but it still is decent and watchable. I don't like how they expanded on the whole "Mr.
K likes money!!" Alright episode. :/

The winner is...Artist Unknown!
It felt like a better plot and the humor DEFINITELY made me laugh. :)

toasterstrutel

Krabby Patty Burglar
Artist Unknown VS. Googly Artiste
The art concept in episodes make for a good plot, and both plots in episodes are really clever. Lets look at pro's and con's.
ARTIST UNKNOWN:
Pros:
-Great characterization (SB & Squid do not act different than usual)
-Moar in-depth story (We get to see Squidward's art "talent" then we saw before)
-Clever jokes and word-play (the different crafts SB makes and the marble joke)
-Squidward apologizes
Cons:
-The ending (SB OR Squid could have gotten an actual career)
-The fact that ONLY SB was attending Squidward's class
Overall, the episode has minor cons, it was a different story-type to SB and it was a nice "experiment". Makes for a great SpongeBob/Squidward team-up. :)
THE GOOGLY ARTISTE
Pros:
-The berets (french-looking hats)
-Patrick's "success" (Patrick gets some recognition)
-Googly eyes
Cons:
-Patrick takes credit of SB's idea
-Squid gets no attention (Pat didn't steal any of Squid's ideas, it's just that not matter how hard he tries, he fails)
-Mr. K's greed is taken a little too far
Overall, the episode isn't great, but it still is decent and watchable. I don't like how they expanded on the whole "Mr.
K likes money!!" Alright episode. :/
The winner is...Artist Unknown!
It felt like a better plot and the humor DEFINITELY made me laugh. :)
I like artist unknown.

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
AtlantisSquarepantis vs truth or square

Ahh yes, two of the most talked about SpongeBob episodes.

TRUTH OR SQUARE
Pros:
-New theme song
-Guest Stars
-Flashback of Patchy Segments
-Krusty Krab flashbacks
-Krusty Krab song (Always sticks with me :P )
-'A Day Like This' song
Cons:
-Guest star "segments" go on for too long and too cheesy (I know I put guest stars on the pros, I liked seeing Robin Williams and Tina Fey in SpongeBob, I mean how awesome is that?!? But, they were SO predictable and too lengthy)
-Corny (No clever jokes, and along with the guest stars, to oredictable)
-Video footage (I think this was just to kill time, but it was just stuck into two scenes, it had absolutely NOTHING to do with the plot/story. I am talking about the part where we see tapes of everyone in their homes, BTW.)
-Patchy segments (I am not someone who hates Patchy & Potty, but it felt like was worthless. It WAS the 15th anniversary, and it makes total sense he was there, but they pushed it waay to far. So over-the-top, even for a pirate obsessed with a sponge)
-Rushed (Even for a special, the episode was rushed. Just random animation the writers made and crammed together if you ask me)
Truth or Square has many flaws, and the ups of the episode aren't enough to bring the episode up. Very small good things about it, it really could've been a better episode.

ATLANTIS SQUAREPANTIS
Pros:
-Songs for each character
-Great use of color and shapes (Yeah a little weird :P )
-Plot (I really liked the idea of the episode)
Cons:
-Beginning (THIS IS A BIG ONE. The song they sing when they are trying to fly the car/ship thingy was so "eh" Not only that, I barely liked the museum part )
While there were a couple pros, they DID help the episode. There was only one con, but it was a biggie. I would consider this one, well actually a decent episode.

The winner is...ATLANTIS SQUAREPANTIS! Both being hard decisions, AS didn't have as many random "plot-holes". I found this episode quite entertaining when it first came out. (Surprised I actually could pick one :p JK)

Back