Edmund's top 20

EdmundTheDevil

Imitation Krab
Hows it going guys. I'm Edmund and let me introduce myself. I was born in 1995 and I was hinted at this website by a buddy who used to be on here and I said why not?. To start myself off I will list my favorite episodes. I also wrote scripts for my least favorite pre movie episodes and also my rankings for each season. I will post eventually, I also decided to post every episode at once because doing some research on this site I see many lists that didn't get finished so I will 5 episodes a post and seperate posts for honorable mentions and this should be done by tommorow or wednesday. Lets do this. No rules really every episode qualifies and also all just my opinions, I will do a short summary of why I love each episode since I'm listing every episode right now. Lets do this list. Also please give me your thoughts on these and if you have any predictions let me know

#20spongebob - I Had An Accident

I Had An Accident is really weird. The episode has so many funny moments and also is really quotable. "not until 4" "Say hello to used napkin" "And that's when I punch him right" and also the facial expressions are on point in this one.

#19spongebob - Club SpongeBob

Club Spongebob has a really simple story but is an episode that makes me laugh from start to finish. The episode has really good memorability, this episode has one of my tropes, Spongebob and Patrick minding their own business and Squidward gets involved. This episode also has the magic conch which is so funny despite it torturing Squidward.

#18spongebob - Plankton!

Plankton! is a fantastic introduction of the series villain. This episode is extremely memorable and I love the premise of Spongebob getting mind controlled, it has some of my favorite season 1 quotes like "This is my lab and this is my labratory" The analyzer became a meme for a reason. Also that scene is Squidward's house is my favorite interaction of Spongebob and Squidward.

#17spongebob - The Lost Mattress

The Lost Mattress has got a great character dynamic between Spongebob Patrick and Squidward. I enjoy how Patrick is weirdly out of character by being rather smart in this one, everyone here is on top ball and the junk yard scene is fantastic with all the bizarre plans to get into the mattress its great stuff. Also the running gag at the hospital of Mr Krabs being moved is great.

#16spongebob - Tea at the Treedome

Another great character introduction. Sandy is a great character and I really enjoyed her introduction episode. The opening with the clam sets a great reason for Spongebob and Sandy to meet, pinky out and I don't need it are great and I really enjoy the mild gross out. For the record I hate gross out but here it is done very well, probably since the grossest thing is just wrinkles.

Hints for the next 5 episodes

#15 Season 5 Short
#14 "Rubber Band"
#13 Krusty Krab selling a food other than Krabby Pattys
#12 Famous for it's ending
#11 Goo Lagoon

The next 5 will be posted tonight or tommorow so if no guesses you will soon see

Rex

Floating Shopping List
Interesting Interesting. I love Club Spongebob, Plankton! and The Lost Mattress all 9/10's IMO, I Had An Accident and Tea At The Treedome are both very solid 8/10's for me.

I'll try guess the next 5.

#15 Spongebob VS The Patty Gadget
#14 The Paper? Only episode off the top of my head that features a rubber band
#13 Pizza Delivery
#12 Band Geeks
#11 I'll guess either Spongeguard On Duty, Musclebob Buffpants, Ripped Pants or Bubble Buddy

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I agree with almost all of your choices here. Idk if these episodes are in my top 20 or not, but these are definitely some of my favorites. The Lost Mattress is an interesting choice. It's a great episode, just no one ever talks about it.

I wanna try and guess what's coming up.
#15 is probably SpongeBob Vs. The Patty Gadget
#14 I bet it's that episode where SpongeBob puts a rubber band on him and goes "I am a happy sponge." Just looked it up, it's Rock-A-Bye-Bivalve.
#13 Pizza Delivery (Hopefully not Krusty Dogs please)
#12 Band Geeks
#11 I'm thinking Ripped Pants, though it could be any that Rex said above me.

EdmundTheDevil

Imitation Krab
Well time to continue, also decided to make the font smaller just so its easier to add more to type with, and I'll also try be more descriptive where I can. Nuff said lets a go

#15spongebob - The Krusty Plate

The Krusty Plate. This episode is really fast paced and I love it for that. Spongebob trying to remove a stubborn spot of a plate and going to more and more extreme measures to do so really is amazing to watch. All the jokes are really funny and they make fantastic use out of the 4 minute run time. Also this episode has some really good animation especially when everything is about to explode. For the record this is my favorite season 5 episode.

#14spongebob - Rock-A-Bye Bivalve

Rock A Bye Bivalve. This episode is a great parody of the typical American family seen on TV, Spongebob plays the role of the stay at home mother who typically looks after the baby, while Patrick is the dad who is often "at work". I love this premise for a start. It is just so Spongebob and Patrick if that makes sense, I also think this episode can do it's serious moments very well. Patrick coming to the realization that he is a bad father, the whole Junior window scene and also Spongebob's eventual meltdown. This episode also has really nice pleasant background music, something I always like but don't typically comment on, Island Romance by Jan Rap is the king. And lastly the episode is pretty humorous. Not the funniest thing ever but that bad pun, "call me daddy" and the worm always make me happy while watching this one.

#13spongebob - Pizza Delivery

Pizza Delivery.
You all saw this one coming. Pizza Delivery is an episode that does everything right, so why only number 13?, I'll get to that. First of all this is season 1 at it's funniest. The pioneers, Krusty Krab pizza, "A Rock", I also really love when Squidward puts his nose in his mouth I don't know why but I love that. This episode also shows Spongebob and Squidward as both friends and enemies. Squidward just wants to get home and forget about the customer, while Spongebob puts his heart out for the customer only to get completely rejected and have a pie to the face. Causing Squidward to do something kind for the little yellow dude, this perfectly shows why Spongebob and Squidward are the best character duo on the show and how they both often have opposing motives but can work together. The story is also nice and simple however it goes all sorts of weird ways despite just being deliver a pizza. So if I'm praising so much why only number 13. Simple I just prefer the next 12 episodes but that's no insult to this absolute classic.

#12spongebob - Band Geeks
Band Geeks.
"Hows the uni-brow" any episode with that line is already one of my favorites. This episode is the perfect episode to showcase the character of Squidward. A man who failed at all his ambitiions and just wants to hit the big time, this episode has many fanominal moments, "Is mayonnaise an instrument?" That ending, Squilliam and basically anything he says. This episode also shows the best of the Bikini Bottom residents. They really don't care in fact, Mr Krabs is just there for the free food eventually they have a huge fight however as soon as it is revealed how much this would have meant to Squidward they band (band humor) together and perform a fantastic musical number, Sweet Victory is the goat. Not much more too say it's got its reputation for a reason.

#11spongebob - Ripped Pants

Ripped Pants. This episode shows Spongebob in a situation where he doesn't want to lose his popularity so he keeps doing what people like until he drives it too far. This episode is a great portrayal of Spongebob, someone who wants people to want to be around him. The episode has some pretty good gags but its the story that carries this one, In this day in age espically Ripped Pants is very similar to a online star finding success keep doing what works but doing something very regretful. In Spongebob's case pretending to drown for attention, however they make it work by having him realize what he done was wrong and he shouldn't have done that. This makes him a good well rounded character. That original song is amazing but my favorite part of the episode is actually the message, "be true to yourself don't wanna miss your chance and you won't end up like the fool who ripped his pants" I used to have trouble trying to be myself but that stopped once I turned 13 I just said I am who I am, it was one of the best decisions I made and I often looked back to this episode to keep me on the straight and narrow. Sorry if that was kinda sappy but that is why I love this one.

Quick question guys, I have 40 episodes I wanted to include, I know alot but It was really hard narrowing them down, I will be doing honorary mentions, would you like just a list of the 20 mentions or 4 posts similar to these with 5 episodes each. let me know. I also apologise these ones were a little more generic picks but opinions be opinions

As I did last time lets do 5 hints you guys did pretty well so I'll try make them more difficult.

#10 Patrick's eyebrows looking familiar
#09 Spongebob tackling a serious issue
#08 "Twins"
#07 Mermaid Man And Barnacle Boy (but which one)
#06 100th episode

Attachments

• 1588702157385.jpg
    1588702157385.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 0

Rex

Floating Shopping List
Ripped Pants is my favorite episode so I'm happy :). Also Band Geeks is my second favorite episode and Pizza Delivery is in my top 10 so obviously I'm happy. Tbh I'm not very fond of Rock A Bye Bivalve but opinions be opinions and I understand why many like it. The Krusty Plate is a very good episode 9/10.

Liking this list so far Edmund, I vote for 4 posts with 5 episodes I'm enjoying this list so far.

#10 Big Pink Loser
#9 Errrrrrrrrr, Have You Seen This Snail?, The Bully
#8 Sandy's Nutty Neices? or Sandy's Rocket
#7 6a Mermaid Man And Barnacle Boy
#6 Krusty Krab Training Video

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I'm so happy I guessed #14 correctly. Once again, I agree with almost all the placings on this list (except for Pizza Delivery, personally I'd place that episode a little higher). Time to guess!

#10 Something Smells?
#9 is...idk actually it's hard to think of SpongeBob tackling a serious issue. I'm going with Rex's guesses of Have You Seen This Snail or The Bully.
#8 Sandy's Rocket definitely
#7 I'm going with Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V because that's my favorite one haha
#6 Either Krusty Krab Training Video (my favorite episode, so I'll be kinda sad that it isn't at least top 5) or Stanley S. Squarepants, depending on how we're counting episodes here.

EdmundTheDevil

Imitation Krab
Another day another 5 episodes same as last time, lets get this bread

#10 spongebob - Big Pink Loser

Big Pink Loser
. This is one of those episodes I love much more now that I'm older. This used to be just one of those episodes that I'd watch and never think of until I saw it again. This is my portrayal of Patrick, he is a character you want to see succeed and that jar scene your really rooting for him. This episode also has great jokes, "No this is Patrick", "50 dollars an hour, when I started working here I had to pay Mr Krabs 100 dollars an hour" "That's creepy but flattering" "At least I'm safe inside my mind" These are all really hilarious moments. I also really like how it shows Patrick he may be terrible at lots of things but what he is good at he is rewarded for, I really like that. This episode also shows a side of Spongebob that is always nice too see, his angry side. Typically he is a relaxed character but here after Patrick starts copying him he goes nuts and I like that showing how he has his limits, this is really the first time its shown and its good too show he isn't just happy and sad. One downside is the animation, it's really weird in this episode. Patrick as I said has his season 1 eyebrows, the rolling ground looks very weird and Spongebob is an odd colour, but some very minor bad things don't ruin an absolutely amazing episode with a very engaging story.

#9spongebob - Squirrel Jokes

Squirrel Jokes. Insult comedy is a very touchy subject and Spongebob's take on this is very well done. The episode is about Spongebob after failing horrifically at stand up makes jokes about Sandy, this causes everyone too think there is facts in these jokes and treats Sandy as less then them. After Sandy asks Spongebob too stop he tries but he doesn't want to give up his popularity for Sandy's feelings so he continues with the jokes causing Sandy to get her own back and eventually Spongebob makes jokes about everyone. This episode is another one I watch for the story, Spongebob is a jackass and he is portrayed as one, you see why Sandy would be upset especially since he done these jokes just out of the blue. The Bikini Bottomites are rather cruel towards Sandy but I don't mind that if it makes sense in the story, unlike in episodes like Little Yellow Book there not hypocritical they also take these jokes and they aren't insulted, in season 6 - 7 I feel like they would get up and arms about it. The comedy is solid. The beginning where the fish berate Spongebob and the cricket are my favorite part of the episode. Also the ending where everyone gets a joke is pretty funny and the moral is really great. This episode I feel is especially relevant in the times where roasts, and general insult comedy is really common. Sorry for ranting a bit but I really feel strong about this one.

#8spongebob - Sandy's Rocket

Sandy's Rocket. This is just one of those episodes that I love, this episode is just fun from start to finish, Spongebob and Patrick are very childish but charming in this episode and I honestly think it makes sense why they believe everyone is an alien considering they didn't know the spaceship turned around I can buy their ignorance. This is the introduction of Sandy's love of science and I feel keeping it to just this episode made it feel kinda special, until post movie but that's besides the point. This episode also has one of my favorite season 1 moments, when Spongebob and Patrick go into space and are trying the zero gravity in space its really funny, side note did anyone here get to try the scratch and sniff I didn't have nickelodeon back in 1999 so I would be interested in hearing if anyone got to try it. Back on track when land on the "moon" I think its really weird but funny, I forgot to mention but the plot of Spongebob and Patrick thinking there on the moon as I said earlier that is such a Spongebob thing and it works really well. This episode also has some more personal connections to me, I am absolutely fascinated by space so a space episode of any show typically becomes one of my favorites. This was also my dad's favorite episode and in and around 2004 - 2005 we always like watching this one, and I always get happy thinking back to those times. Aside from my personal bias this episode is really unique, it has a much different feel then most season 1 episodes and I always thought the animation on this one along with Employee Of The Month and Home Sweet Pineapple looked really different to most of the season. Also the music hows its a lot more out there and most of these we don't hear anymore which is a bummer. The scene where Spongebob and Patrick capturing everyone always made me laugh and like I said never really bothered me since they honestly thought they were on the moon. Lastly I like how Spongebob does feel bad throughout the episode, mentioned how Sandy is gonna hate him and also how he tells Patrick that is Sandy's rocket and at the end he seems to feel bad as he realizes what he done. Also Patrick playing the video game is just classic. Overall one of the best IMO.

#7 spongebob - Mermaidman and Barnacleboy II
Mermaid Man And Barnacle Boy II. This is
definitely the black sheep of the original hexalogy but everything it does different I think works very well. This episode has a great vibe just seeing Spongebob spend the day with his heroes is all you need for an episode. The opening also sets up the episode very well and how it makes Spongebob and Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. One issue I got with the more modern episodes of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy they seem kinda forced in, espically in episodes like Back To The Past, Night Light, Super Evil Villain Aqautic Team Up Is Go Mermaid Man VS Spongebob and Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV they seem kinda forced in, keep in mind I do Mermaid Man VS Spongebob and IV in fact I love IV but they do seem forced in. This episode has them in the story organically, Spongebob wins the contest and the prize is spend the day with the heroes, all you need. This is one season 1's most humorous episodes. "Springboob Squirepint" "Hes horrible disfigured" The fact he called them for a jar of mayonnaise, the origami button "I came all the way here in my underwear to open a jar of mayonnaise!" and of course "Sulfur Vision" It is really on point with it's jokes. This episode also has really good character interactions I also like how out of character they are in the diner, the conversation between Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy about wanting to ditch Spongebob and eventually after being saved by him coming to appreciate him. Charles Nelson Reilly gives a great performance as The Dirty Bubble, the other villains are cool too see and it is also a very good season finale. I also forgot to mention the scene where Barnacle Boy yells at Spongebob and he breaks down "I only wanted to spend time with you, your my heroes" and where Mermaid Man goes to comfort him and pulls out a baby photo of Barnacle Boy that scene really sticks to me, I know I just said how I liked how he was out of character in the diner but that is why I love Mermaid Man. His character is just so strong, whether he is really kind or harsh he is a very nice caring old man. Overall one of my favorites and honestly my favorite Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episode, but that doesn't mean this is the last time we will see them on this list, (honorable mentions)

#6 spongebob - Krusty Krab Training Video
Krusty Krab Training Video.
I'll be honest as much as I love this one I really don't have much to say similar to Band Geeks its a classic for a reason. "P.O.O.P" "Hoopla" "Maximum Overdrive" Squidward and Patrick, the fake out ending, "Imported" "The money is always right". I could go on and on.

Also I decided since I kinda skipped out on KKTV I'd rank the seasons 1-3 seasons ranking and giving a reason why. Btw if anyone is curious on post movie, Season 4 GOOD, Season 5 Meh, Season 6 Scumbob, Season 7 Scumbob, Season 8 Meh, Season 9 Meh, Season 10, Meh, Season 11 GOOD, Season 12 GOOD
Good

Season 3. Despite only having 4 episodes in my top 20 the quality is very consistent through out the season and spoiler alert has the least amount of bad episodes and mediocre episodes in the original seasons. 2 bad and 3 mediocre. Also it has the most 10/10 episodes which you'll see most of in my honorable mentinos

Season 1. This season has many classic episodes that still hold up too this day. Mostly every episode is enjoyable with only 3 bad episodes and 4 mediocre ones

Season 2. This season while still very good is my least favorite of the original run because of it's inconsistency. Episodes can be 10/10 all the way down to one of my least favorite episodes in the shows history but you can find that out in my next few lists. 4 bad episodes and 4 mediocre episodes

Hints for the next 4 episodes. N1 gets it's own post

#5 Purple
#4 Ribs
#3 Breaking The 4th Wall
#2 Magic Shop

Last edited:

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Wow I sucked at guessing this time 'round. I can't believe I didn't get Squirrel Jokes :annoyed:. Once again I find myself agreeing with almost everything you say, though personally I would not rank any of these episodes so high (except for Krusty Krab Training Video, which is actually my favorite episode of the series). Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II being your favorite is interesting to me since that's more like my 3rd favorite, though I can see why you like it so much with what you said.

Let's see if I'll have better luck guessing this time.
#5 Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost or Opposite Day I think (based on Patrick turning purple)
#4 Wishing You Well? (based on the ribs joke)
#3 Club SpongeBob maybe ("Why must every 11 minutes of my life be filled with misery?")
#2 F.U.N.

Rex

Floating Shopping List
Dude rewatching MM and BB II and seeing it from your point of view, I like the episode much more now, normally my opinions can change to make me like an episode more but I love the episode now after I rewatched it today. So thanks for that :), all the other episodes are fantastic. Big Pink Loser is one my few 10/10's and the others are all 9/10.

#5 My Chocolate Leg probably hit
#4 Wishing You Well
#3 Wet Painters "Can you move it along I'm all out of time cards". If it is this coincidentally also my Number 3 favorite episode or SB-129 "Alone"
#2 F.U.N.

EdmundTheDevil

Imitation Krab
Okay so I have been kinda busy past few days but I'm back for the next 4 episodes and HM.

#5spongebob - Patty Hype
Patty Hype. FIRST EPISODE BIAS,
But in all seriousness this was my first episode and what an episode to start. For anyone who is wondering it was friend John's birthday and one of his gifts was Spongebob Goes Prehistoric Volume 2 VCD. VCD's were basically VHS copies that played on DVD. Now I had heard of Spongebob but as I said I never had Nickelodeon and whenever I went to a friends house we typically played outside or some good old N64 and Gamecube. Anyway on that VCD this was the first episode and the rest is history. So even aside from this being my first episode there is so many other great things to this one. Spongebob is an extremely developed character with multiple layers, his concerning side when he thinks his stand flops, his sadness when he is mocked at The Krusty Krab. And then in the end he gets to keep The Krusty Krab and he is over the moon, I LOVE when Spongebob is like this, extremely layered and interesting. In fact everyone here is very interesting, Mr Krabs is the greedy business who is genuinely upset when he loses his prize fry cook when he tries to scam him thinking it is gonna be good for him he ends up worse off than he started. The animation is awesome in this episode, lots of bright colors and creative animation with the patties. Patrick is also great, he is funny and supportive of Spongebob. He wants him too succeed but he is also just as clueless as Spongebob when it comes to business. There is some good chuckles in this one. "They remind me of home" "Orange with extra purple" "Inflatable pants" "Talking dog at the shell shack IS SINGING" It is very quotable episode and so many of them really stand out and stand tall. The last note is the music, I mentioned this before but the music in this episode is really on top form. It perfectly matches each scene and I love it oh very much. "Pretty Patties Rule" Just like this episode.

#4spongebob - Wishing You Well
Wishing You Well.
Gonna keep this one short and sweet. Everything is supreme here, all the jokes are really funny "Claustraphobic" Plankton growing huge, that really weird ending, the ribs, "couple of dumbbells", Squidward and Patrick reactions to one other and the beginning with Krabs and his cheapness. The musical numbers are some of favorites in the whole show and the story is awesome. Its a great combo of both Krabs money making scheme and Spongebob Patrick and Squidward trapped with one another, and the offspring off that is surprisingly amazing. I seen EmployeeAMillion's video on season 4 who also placed this as his favorite season 4 episode, great minds think alike. But as he stated season 4's artstyle is really good and although all it is is a deep dark well they make it feel lively with espically in the second musical number. Overall once again not much too say about an episode that everyone loves and just does everything right. These next 2 will also be a little shorter just because you have heard everything that needs to be said, still go watch this one its truly one of a kind. Also this doesn't affect my enjoyment of the episode but June 2nd 2006 the day this episode aired in America is also my twin niece and nephew Jason and Alanna's birthday so just a nice thing this episode shares with me but doesn't affect my enjoyment of it.

#3 spongebob - Krab Borg
Krab Borg.
So apologies I said there were Season 3 episodes in my top 20 but no there is 5. This was just me being lazy I had scripts originally written out for this after rewatching opinions were then finalized, this also happened in my season 1 opinion post where some episodes I don't like I gave good and vice versa. If your wondering the episodes I wrote out but the ranking thing I had wrote before so my bad. You will see that in the top 9 worst pre movie episodes list I have planned. Anyway Krab Borg. Just a really awesome hilarious ride through and through. "What if Gary is a robot" "Robot Oh My Gosh" "Poop on the Robot" "What color is my underwear" The horribly cheesy robot movie. Squidward's absolute confusion when Spongebob reappears, the entire interrogation scene. "Not The Navy" the how to torture book. This is IMO the funniest episode of the show. The episode's story is a little loose which is what kept it being No1 or No2 since the story is good but not supreme material for the show, I do however like how it is direct contrast to Imitation Krabs. All the characters are great everyone gets their couple of lines that are really really funny. This is an episode whenever I watch I'm laughing my a$ off. Electric Zoo is so great. I no joke listen to that song at least twice a week, I can't help it it's just so god damn catchy. I also like the more serious tone towards the ending where Krabs who was obviously never a robot breaks down because of how much of his belongings were smashed. Also no joke "Squidward's father never hugged him" is probably my favorite line in the whole show, also Squidward's pirate joke is also another one of the best. Another kinda quick one but it is a very popular beloved episode for a reason.

#2spongebob - F.U.N.
F.U.N.
What can be said about this one that hasn't already, It is a really great character study of Spongebob and Plankton. It has an amazing musical number. An absolutely thrilling action scene opening. An actually pretty emotional scene at the movie theater. All the characters are in character and it has a very soft spot in my heart. The opening is what sets this beast up, it doesn't mess around goes straight into a thrilling chase for The Krabby Patty and as soon as that's done we learn a bit about Plankton. This was only his second major role and 3rd appearance. so we didn't know much about him. We learn how he is despised and has no friends. Spongebob out the goodness in his heart tries to be his friend and then Plankton decides to use Spongebob for The Krabby Patty, Jellyfish fields they head off to and we get the song. You know it I know your dog knows it, we all know the song probably off by heart because it just is so iconic, I also really like how they make you think Plankton has changed through out the episode. Until it is revealed he did trick Spongebob you would think he changed espically with this

spongebob - F.U.N.

It's a silly, serious delightful ride and IMO the runner up of the best of Spongebob Squarepants.
So number 1 to be honest Ill let you guys guess and then on Monday if no one guesses it will be revealed all I will say is it is a pre movie episode that did not air on June 1st 2002

ANYWAY HONORABLE MENTIONS, I will just do a line on each an state why they are

#21 The Camping Episode, Hilarious episode with a great song and also gets rather intense at the end
#22 Suds, Great execution on Self Medication and also has some pretty funny moments
#23 Reef Blower, Really funny short and I am a fan of silent animation so it really appeals to me
#24 Karen's Virus, Awesome episode with fantastic animation and really unique episode
#25 Not Normal, Really stands out high when it comes to season 6, great moral and also very well done
#26 Survival Of The Idiots, One of the funniest in the show, really random but really great at the same time
#27 Scaredy Pants, Really great animation and jokes, also introduced TFD who is awesome
#28 New Student Starfish, Really quotable funny and just oddly epic episode
#29 Krusty Towers, Awesome and hilarious
#30 Ghost Host, The animation in this one is a perfect example of disturbing animation done right
#31 Pressure, The land scene already secured it a spot but also a great kinda of sequel too Squirrel Jokes
#32 Squid On Strike. Really great portrayal of striking, and also has some really funny moments
#33 Mermaid Man And Barnacle Boy V. An epic episode with so many highlights
#34 Help Wanted, A great start to a awesome show. The song is a pure classic scene and I love the rough animation
#35 Boating School. I really like the cheating moral and the more chilled vibe of this one, it may be kinda slow but I think it really works for this kind of story.
#36 Just One Bite, Seriously great portrayal of Squidward and also really funny
#37 Pre Hibernation Week. I really like Sandy in this one and also Pantera was a great addition
#38 Missing Identity, Great tone and vibe, also a great example of goofy story with a serious undertone
#39 Idiot Box, Hilarious with a rather unique portrayal of Squidward
#40 SB-129, weirdest episode of the show but no complaints here. So random but so funny
#41 Bubblestand. I just love this one and always have. Very charming and very easy to watch
#42 Nasty Patty. Really damn dark but also really funny at the same time
#43 Musclebob Buffpants. A Follow up to Ripped Pants I like to call it, really great episode despite them both exploring similar themes. The reason it isn't on the list is because Ripped Pants is.
#44 Your Shoes Untied, i also struggled with Shoe Tying so I do have a more personal connection to this one. Also loop de loop is great
#45 Mermaid Man And Barnacle Boy IV. I really love this one, I love this type of concept despite it being a kinda of stock plot but this one always really amused me,
#46 Roller Cowards, Just a very relatable and charming episode.
#47 Nature Pants, I don't know why but I find this to be one season 1's funniest episodes ever. Also looks really good for season 1. Just really funny and really weird

Sorry for so many HM but just had to give all these superb episodes a mention for just being amazing episodes

Get guessing guys also wanna know what you think of the HM and if they are ones you love or loath

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I can't believe I didn't get Patty Hype correctly. That episode's great. Also, I just realized you already did Club SpongeBob lmao, shows my critical reading skills. I agree with most of your choices on this one, though personally I wouldn't place Wishing You Well so high. I'm actually watching F.U.N. right now, so it's fun reading your review on it.

As for the honorable mentions, I also agree with most, though I'd add a few newer episodes like Mimic Madness to the list. I also feel like the only one who never liked Roller Cowards that much (maybe it's because I'm a coaster enthusiast :sblaugh:). Same with Nature Pants, I actually don't really like that episode. Not for any specific reason, just isn't my cup of tea I guess.

I rewatched Missing Identity today and it made me remember just how funny that episode is. I always forget about it for some reason.

I'm a little sad that we don't have any hints for the number 1 though. I have no idea what your number one would be. Maybe Shanghaied or Can You Spare a Dime? I'm pretty much just pulling from my personal list though. I know I'll feel dumb when it's revealed.

EdmundTheDevil

Imitation Krab
I can't believe I didn't get Patty Hype correctly. That episode's great. Also, I just realized you already did Club SpongeBob lmao, shows my critical reading skills. I agree with most of your choices on this one, though personally I wouldn't place Wishing You Well so high. I'm actually watching F.U.N. right now, so it's fun reading your review on it.

As for the honorable mentions, I also agree with most, though I'd add a few newer episodes like Mimic Madness to the list. I also feel like the only one who never liked Roller Cowards that much (maybe it's because I'm a coaster enthusiast :sblaugh:). Same with Nature Pants, I actually don't really like that episode. Not for any specific reason, just isn't my cup of tea I guess.

I rewatched Missing Identity today and it made me remember just how funny that episode is. I always forget about it for some reason.

I'm a little sad that we don't have any hints for the number 1 though. I have no idea what your number one would be. Maybe Shanghaied or Can You Spare a Dime? I'm pretty much just pulling from my personal list though. I know I'll feel dumb when it's revealed.
I could try with the hints but it is one of those episodes where if I say the hint it becomes kind of obvious BUT YOU KNOW WHAT because why not here's 3 hints. for the record trying to make this one hard so this will be pretty vauge.

Hint #1 First episode of its kind
Hint #2 Has a musical track that only played in this episode
Hint #3 The entire main cast appears

I'll explain this hints when I review the episode in question. Also I know no one asked but all these episodes are 10/10 - 9.5/10. Every other episode to me is a 9/10 or lower. If curious Reef Blower - Number 1 are all 10/10. Karen's Virus - Nature Pants 9.5/10. These are just my personal favorites and hopefully hear some of your guys favorites. Also just for convenience I'll just made it a top 50 with the HW, just note #48 #49 #50 are all 9/10.

#48 Chum Bucket Supreme
#49 The Fry Cook Games
#50 Squidville

Rex

Floating Shopping List
interesting. I'm not too fond of Scaredy Pants or Missing Identity. Squid On Strike, Boating School and New Student Starfish are good episodes.

Number #1 I really don't have a clue?

I'm just gonna throw out a couple of episodes.

Culture Shock, Karate Choppers, Texas, Spongebob's Big Birthday Blowout, Snowball Effect, Party Pooper Pants, The Sponge Who Could Fly

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Okay so looking at the new hints, I'm thinking it's Christmas Who, though neither Pearl nor Mrs. Puff make an appearance (do you count them as main cast?). First episode of its kind meaning first Christmas episode (and the first Patchy episode!), and then the whole rendition of Jingle Bells is only played in that episode. Could also be Culture Shock, though I don't see the whole "first episode of its kind" thing working out there.

EdmundTheDevil

Imitation Krab
I'll add another hint

#1 First of it's kind
#2 Has a musical track only appears in this episode
#3 The whole main cast appears
#4 Sister episode did appear somewhere within the 49 episodes I listed

Last edited:

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Hmm, with the addition of the new hint now I'm completely stumped, because that means it can't be a special. What I'm really stuck on is that "first of its kind," especially since, 1) Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy I doesn't fit, 2) it's not a special, 3) it's a pre-movie episode, and 4) the whole main cast appears. The music I'm not as worried about, plenty of episodes have unique tracks.

I would say Fools in April but Neptune's Spatula hasn't appeared on this list. Maybe Bubble Buddy because Sandy's voice appears at least (though now that I think about it I don't know if that episode has any unique tracks). Or maybe Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm, but I can't think of any firsts for that episode. At this point I'm just throwing out episodes that Sandy appears in.

Could also still definitely be Culture Shock.

I'm so invested in guessing this now. I know I'm gonna feel so dumb when it's revealed. I just love trying to solve puzzles though.

I would like to personally thank the SpongeBob wiki for allowing me to even attempt to guess this lmao.

Back