In Progress Edmund's Bottom 10 Least Favorite Pre Movie Episodes

EdmundTheDevil

Imitation Krab
Well it has been a while, HELLO Everyone I am Edmund The Devil and I am back, I joined the site in April and was active however between the Pandemic, No Internet Connection, The Whole George Floyd Situation, School, Work and also just me being kinda lazy I decided to just not really bother with the site no more, HOWEVER I AM BACK. So I did a little Spongebob rewatch and my opinions on my least favorite Pre Movie episodes I noticed has changed very slightly, most of the episodes I disliked still are and most I liked still are but about 6 episodes out of the 117 changed a bit for me, so I decided we should do a least favorite pre movie episode list.

#10 Opposite Day
spongebob - Opposite Day
Fantastic 10/10 (Or Bad 4/10 when it isn't Opposite Day)

I feel quite bad putting such an iconic favorite so low but truth be told this one holds up very weak compared to the other pre movie episodes to me, this episode is irritating and thats the best word I can use to describe it. The episode begins with Squidward being woken up to see Spongebob and Patrick in bed with him
SpongeBob - Opposite Day

What follows to me are just some unfunny gags about birthday activities, Cake, Pin the tail on the seahorse etc. Squidward decides he has had enough and decides to move, not bad. So he phones the house selling company or whatever it is and they seem to have it good except for one thing, "As long as it is not infested with nemotodes, or surrounding by troublesome neighbours or something like that" So Squidward is screwed, however he has an idea and this is where the best thing about the episode comes in, the plot is fantastic, having Squidward create a fake holiday is fantastic. So he wakes up early next morning and is well opposite, "Drum what drum?, this is just my wig case, come on Spongebob tackle me" I won't lie I love those lines. So Squidward informs Spongebob of the Opposite Day, and he leaves, Spongebob goes and applies Opposite Day to his life, and hops straight into bed, also again "I'm not ready" fantastic quote, so Patrick is reintroduced into the episode and Spongebob claims to hate him, Patrick proceeds to break down into tears in an amusing moment, then Patrick claims to know about Opposite Day "Opposite Day hey I've heard of that" "really?" "No, what is it?" the reason this episode is low is because despite it being quite an irritating watch it is a very funny episode which does help it lots, so Patrick proceeds to stop breathing and then gets informed, que a short montage. Squidward is happy of success but Spongebob and Patrick interupt and redesign the house
spongebob - Opposite Day

Squidward then tries to tell Spongebob just what he thinks of him "I'll tell you what's terrible, living next to you, your the worst neighbor in HISTORY" Spongebob takes it as a compliment which is a minor issue as I think he should realize but again it is Opposite Day. So Spongebob comes to the conclusion that he should be Squidward, Patrick wants to join in and enter the last really good joke "I'm Squidward" even though I don't like this episode as I said it is very amusing which is why it is the lowest and I'm Squidward is genuinely hilarious

spongebob - Opposite Day

Spongebob and Patrick intrude into Squid's house and the real estate agent arrives and Sponge and Patrick butcher the sale, since it is Opposite Day Spongebob tells all the terrible things about the house because it is Opposite Day, the real estate agent soon gets basically tortured by the 2, by playing clarinet badly, Squidward soon intrudes and introduces himself as Squidward, so she storms off since there is now 3 Squidwards, well 4 counting Gary, so she storms off. Squidward now defeated finally gets his revenge on the two. So he chases them with a bulldozer, thinking Squidward likes them doing this to them. And that was Opposite Day

I won't lie this one was actually tough to write, I dislike the episode but Its hard for me to really say why, in chronological order this is IMO the first bad episode of Spongebob, in terms of STP it wouldn't be the first but IMO the first that fails, yes I do enjoy Jellyfishing I won't lie, this episode however is saved by being very funny, it is very quotable and also very memorable, so sorry if this review doesn't explain too well why I dislike this one It's kinda hard to say why but I just don't like it, It was one of the episodes that I dislike more now, It was in my bottom 10 of the season but only at #9 but now I would put it at #3. So yes that was Opposite Day, also is it just me or did anyone confuse this and Fools In April alot when they were younger

Two Questions

#1 Opinions on Opposite Day
#2 Least favorite episode from each season I won't spoil the pre movie seasons

#4 Born To Be Wild
#5 Fungus Among Us
#6 The Card
#7 Someones In The Kitchen With Sandy
#8 Smoothe Jazz At Bikini Bottom
#9 Squid Baby
#10 Whirly Brains
#11 Ink Lemonade

Hint for #9 and #8

#9 2 Ice Creams
#8 "Shake"

SpongeDan Sweatpants

Imitation Krab
My opinion on opposite day is this: Spongebob is an absolute genius, (ok believing opposite day is real isnt the smartest but,) because he actually took time to break down the equation: Squidward is fixing his yard because it is a mess. Which means, he is wrecking spongebobs yard. But spongebob wrecks his own yard. Which means Squidward is being the opposite of squidward by being spongebob, so spongebob must be the opposite of spongebob, which equals squidward. You can not tell me the first time you heard this you were not confused. :sbdance:=:dab: Spongebob is actually not a complete idiot to be able to come to this conclusion. Spongebob may be annoying SOMETIMES, but, he iss not exactly the dumbest. I feel like the real opposite day episode however is Can You Spare a Dime? because Spongebob is cranky because of Squidward and Squidward is being annoying. :\ these are my thoughts

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Welcome back Edmund! I missed these threads! Life's really been stressful, so I understand taking a break. Oh, and I guess I should say that I recently changed my username. If you look at my old signature though it has the old one there.

It's a little surprising to see Opposite Day here (especially since I send the birthday video to people all the time), but with the way you put it it makes sense as to why you dislike the episode. Personally I like it, but it definitely isn't top tier.

I guess I already answered your question about Opposite Day, so for the least favorite from each season...that's hard haha. Honestly I don't really have an answer. Obviously there are some episodes that will always top the least favorite from each season list, like Stuck in the Wringer from season 7, but I'm not really sure about the others.

And now for my favorite part...
#9 is probably Walking Small (which makes me sad because I really like that episode lol)
#8 is maybe Pickles? I can't remember if this was in your top 20 (or bottom 20 for that matter). But I'll be very surprised if it actually is Pickles. That's just the only pre-movie episode I can think of that mentions a shake.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
1. Opposite Day is one of the best for me. I would put it in the top 5 of season 1. I also was confused it with Fools in April XD (which also in my top 5 of season 1)
2. It's pretty hard. I'm not sure how accurate this is but:
season 1 - Nature Pants probably
season 2 - Dumped or Your Shoe's Untied(need to rewatch it)
season 3 - Rock a Bye Bivalve
season 4 - All That Glitters(how I forgot that?)
season 5 - Spongehenge, Waiting, Boat Smarts
season 6 - No Nose Knows, Pet or Pests, Gullible Pants
season 7 - Stuck in the Wringer, SITKWS, Trenchbilies
season 8 - Demolition Doofus
season 9 - Squid Baby, Spongebob Your'e Fired
season 10 - Trident Trouble, The Incredible Shrinking Sponge
season 11 - Ink Lemonade, Don't Feed the Clown, There's a Sponge in My Soup, Bunny Hunt, Cuddle E. Hugs, Plankton Paranoia
season 12 - Sandy's Nutty Nieces

9# Hall Monitor
8# Maybe No Weenies Allowed? Hard one

Last edited:

EdmundTheDevil

Imitation Krab
Well here we have another day another rant, 2 more episodes lets go

#9 Walking Small Bad 4/10

You ever get an episode you love at first however over time you begin to dislike, Walking Small is an episode like that for me, I used to adore this episode like 10/10, however over time I liked it less and less, now leading to a 4/10 for me, why? well I'll try.

I feel this review it will be shorter because I really don't have that much to say so I'll do a little Pros And Cons section for it.

Pros

.1 Stepping On The Beach (Classic)
.2 Plankton does play a great role in this episode and I really like how this is really the only episode where the formula is not involved instead just a new franchise which I really like which is why the story is great

Cons

.1 This episode is very dry when it comes to humor, I don't know why but this episode is very unfunny to me, a lot of scenes have jokes, Insertive which is very funny to be honest, but take the metal detector swap scene, Spongebob misunderstanding to me just isn't very funny. Another scene is the Spongebob on a rampage, again I can see why others would find it funny but for me I just can't enjoy it

2. Okay so I can't really back up this point because it's not letting me add images but just rewatch the episode, the animation I really don't like. Aaron Springer is a great storyboard artist but his style isn't really for me, the ice cream eating scene just doesn't sit right with me aswell as a lot of Spongebob's faces in this episode, again rewatch this episode and see if you like the animation, however it could really just be me

3. Okay please don't shoot me but to be honest this episode is pretty forgettable to me, maybe because this episode doesn't seem to air much and also hasn't really been released much on Home Media aside complete season and Spongeguard On Duty, I never owned Spongeguard On Duty which maybe why I used to really like it because I didn't own it so when I did I probably thought it was a lot better than I thought

4. The assertiveness to me was just mean spirited, obviously that's the point but I feel like it's just not good mean spirited humor, with the Hot Dogs and The Kites just isn't for me

5. Spongebob seems very stupid and frankly out of character, most episodes he would have some concern and to be fair he does (at the end) but to me he just seems to stupid. Like when he shakes the robe to get a tan, or when he eats all the Hot Dogs or pop the volley ball surely he seems aware of what he is doing is wrong.

Anyway that's enough rambling and hopefully you can see why I don't enjoy this episode and maybe you can show how you feel about it I know some people who adore this episode and some who just like it.

#8 I'm With Stupid

Bad 4/10

"Shake" "No Spongebob Shake Hand", This episode is similar to Walking Small very mean spirited and Patrick is just a massive knob here, this episode has actually quite similar issues to Walking Small to me, just worse. This episode I didn't laugh once probably because it is far too mean spirited, also the ending sucks, The fake parents is so stupid and making Spongebob run away out of anger. This episode I really don't have a lot to say because it is a very common choice but I'll do some bullet points

.1 This episode is very unfunny
.2 Spongebob again is almost too dumb and
.3 Patrick is a huge jerk to Spongebob who is trying to help him
.4 Janet and Marty also seem like horrible parents, very overbearing and also horrible to Spongebob
.5 The montage is very mean spirited and also Poor Spongebob
.6 The Ending Sucks,

Sorry if this one is very short but I feel I don't have much explaining to do

Hints for #7 and #6

#7 "Burned"
#6 "A unique distinction"

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Very interesting. Walking Small is amazing for me. I gave it 9/10 last time I watched it(around a year ago). This is maybe the best Plankton's episode in the first movie for me.
I'm With Stupid is also a good episode for me, very underrated and enjoyable for me, but I can understand why people don't like it.
#7 Just One Bite(the deleted scene) or Procrastination(the burned house in the dream). But these two episode are good so I am not sure if you mean them.
6# hard one and I am not sure I understand the hint. I have no idea what it can be.

EdmundTheDevil

Imitation Krab
Oh and also forgot questions.

#1 Opinions on Walking Small
#2 Opinions on I'm With Stupid
#3 Favorite beach activity
#4 Favorite BBQ food
#5 Small bit random but have you ever seen the TV Show Tugs?
#6 What was the first episode you recall seeing

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
3. Swimming
4. Steak
5. No
6. I don't really remember. Maybe Party Pooper Pants, No Weenies Allowed, Spongebob Meets The Strangler or The Camping Episode. MAYBE

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
While I'm sad that Walking Small is on this list at all, I can understand why you dislike it. Also, personally I would put I'm With Stupid much higher on my worst pre-movie episodes list, but at least we can all agree it's bad.

As for your questions...
#1 - As I've said, I like the episode. It's enjoyable to me and I find it pretty funny.
#2 - Don't like this episode. It's annoying and I can't stand SpongeBob torture (though this episode is pretty light on the torture aspect)
#3 - I have only gone to the beach a couple of times, so honestly I don't know. I would say swimming but I'm not a fan of swimming, especially in salt water. Maybe just relaxing?
#4 - That's hard...maybe brisket?
#5 - Nope, never seen it.
#6 - No idea actually. But I do have a picture from when I was 4-5 with Pickles playing in the background, so there's that.

For the hints...
#7 - This is hard...maybe Neptune's Spatula? Or maybe this one is Pickles lol.
#6 - Another hard one. Maybe Arrgh! Just because of the East and Weast thing. Can't really think of anything else.

EdmundTheDevil

Imitation Krab
Another internet blow out so I'm gonna wrap this one up.

#7 Pickles, These next two are certainly unpopular, this one really bores me, I also find it focuses on the uninteresting points at least uninteresting to me, also one of the only episodes in the pre movie episodes that I never laughed at, maybe just me this one just really bores me and keeps me uninteresed

#6 The Algae's Always Greener, FYI this is the only episode where normal universe Spongebob doesn't appearm UNIQUE DISTINCTION YOU MIGHT SAY. Anyway this one is very annoying I think, Spongebob is really obnoxious and the odd animation doesn't really tickle my fancy

#5 The Smoking Peanut, Again very boring, like really boring, also annoying, this one does swift with me sometimes I don't mind it now I don't like it guess it just depends what day I watch it, Patrick however does save the episode

#4 Grandma's Kisses, Gonna keep this one short as I am definitly not the only one to not like this one, Patrick is at his worst here and the townspeople are awful to Spongebob here

#3 The Bully, Similar to One Coarse Meal this episode tackles an issue that has affected my family but not in a good way, this time Bullying, the idea isn't bad but the execution is bad, Flatz is a complete jerk and also like most bullies just wants to be a bully for no reason, also the old man joke gets old and also Mrs Puff ratting out Spongebob and also a horrible ending makes this one a mess

#2 I'm Your Biggest Fanatic, Oh jeez, I only saw this one for the first time about 3 years ago, Kevin is probably my least favorite pre movie character, his cocky persona and very annoying attitude is extremely irritating, add to that some very unfunny jokes and also some quite dull scenes you get this episode

#1 Dumped, Woah, to me this one was bad, CHEAP PLUG INCOMING but check out my bottom 20 episodes since I go into a lot more detail

Dishonorable Mentions, Mediocre Range #11 Sandy, Spongebob And The Worm, #12 The Great Snail Race, #13 Hooky, #14 Valentines Day, #15 Employee Of The Month, #16 Party Pooper Pants, #17 Krabby Land and #18 Fools In April

If you are curious about the HM feel free to ask, these aren't in great detail my connection has been awful so I decided to just finish this one. Thanks for reading and stay safe

EdmundTheDevil

Imitation Krab
Few questions,

1. Opinions on all these episodes

2. Do you like Pickles? both the food and the episode
3. Who is your favorite Spongebob writer and why
4. What is your favorite colour
5. Do you think this is where the townspeople became awful? if not so when?
6. List one underrated episode and one overrated episode per season
7. What is your thoughts on Ripped Pants, bit random but my nephew considers it the worst episode of all time so do you consider it the worst too?

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
1. Pickles is very nice episode. When I was a kid U used to like this episode the most in season 1 becuase I did not really know it. Nowadays this episode is in the least favorite, but still enjoyable for me.
The Alage's Always Greener - I have always thought it is overrated. Not a bad episode, just nice(but I want to rewatch it soon).
The Smoking Peanut - I really like it. I have liked it since I was a kid. I like seeing Patrick investigates it. I don't agree with this one.
Grandmma's Kisses is one of the weakest in season 2. I agree.
The Bully is very nice and nostalgic for me.
I'm Your Biggest Fanatic is also very nice and enjoyabke.
Dumped is one ot the weakest in pre movie era. I agree.

About the dishonorable mentions, I do not agree at all tbh.

2. I like the episode as I said. I like the food too, but not that much.
3. I don't know exactly writers.
4. Turquoise
5. The townspeople are awful in Grandmma's Kisses but for me in Stuck in The Wringer the most(probably).
6. Overrated:
season 1 - F.U.N
season 2 - Survival of the Idiots
season 3 - The Alge's Always Greener
season 4 - Fear of a Krabby Patty
season 5 - The Original Fry Cook
season 6 - Krabby Road
season 7 - Perfect Chemistry
season 8 - Mooncation
season 9 - Goodbye Krabby Patty?
season 10 - Mimic Madness
season 11 - My Leg!
season 12 - Big Birthday Blowout

Underrated:
season 1 - Fools In April
season 2 - Life of Crime
season 3 - My Pretty Seahorse
season 4 - Selling Out/New Leaf
season 5 - Pest of the West
season 6 - Komputer Overload
season 7 - The Wreck of The Mauna Loa
season 8 - A Squarepants Family Vacation
season 9 - Bumper to Bumper
season 10 - Life Insurance
season 11 - Krusty Kleaners
season 12 - King Plaknton

7. I just rewatched it some days ago. This episode is good, pretty funny and has amazing end. The song is easily one of the best in the show for me. 8/10

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Interesting picks here. I like Pickles so I can't entirely agree on its placement here. I also like your #6 and #5, but the rest I can understand why they'd be on the list. As for your questions...

2. Well, I already said opinion on the episode. I don't like the food at all though.
3. No idea. I don't really pay attention to the writers.
4. Yellow
5. I don't think the townspeople ever became awful at any point. While there are many episodes where they are bad, there's just as many if not more where they are good/tolerable. But yeah, I'll agree that Grandma's Kisses is probably the first episode with the townspeople being annoying.
6. Too lazy for that haha.
7. Ripped Pants is definitely not the worst episode of the show in my opinion. It's not my favorite episode, and I honestly don't watch it all that much, but I'd say it's solidly in the good or great category. It's pretty funny and the ending is top-notch.

Back