DVDs - Do You Think They'll Die Out In The Future?

Do You Think DVDs Will Die Out In The Future?

• Total voters

YouDontKnowSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Not for a while. Maybe they will stop with TV shows eventually but I can see them continuing releasing movies. I use DVDs to watch movies but online streaming services to watch TV shows.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Well, CDs still exist and Vinyl is popular again, so I'm sure like Blu-Ray being popular right now with Digital, DVD's will stick around too, since they are featured for some movies in some Blu-Ray combo packs and stand alone for a cheaper price, but you'd just get the movie and no special features which sucks.

I hope digital isn't the future. I prefer products such as tv shows or movies and books in psychical form. I already use the computer all day, I don't need e-books or digital copies of things to contribute to the eye strain.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I think eventually they will. I mean, everything does, if we think about it. Besides that, now that people are starting to think of the environment, and everything is starting to go on the Internet, we won't need disks. SpongeBob will just be completely available for streaming.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
doyouwantoptions said:
At least for another 20 years. Once everybody has internet, it'll die out because it's more accessible.
That's coming from someone who asks "do you want options?"

Yes, I want options, I want physical media as another option, even if they switch to make on demand options for DVD and Blu-Ray, once manufactured DVDs and Blu-Rays are discontinued.
videofindersTV said:
just let DVDs die already. they're as useless as VHS tapes.
I find them quite useful.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
Mister Absorbency said:
evollutioning
That is not a word.
President Squidward said:
What if I want to support a show I like offcially by buying it on DVD? What if I prefer psyhical media over digital? What if I don't own a digital device to buy show I like legally? What if I don't own a Blu-Ray player?
You make a good point.

Back