DVD, Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D releases

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Walmart already has listings for the DVD, Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D releases of Sponge Out of Water.

It says that they're available for pre-order and ship Jan 1st 2016 but that seems like a very late date so I imagine it will be altered soon.

EsGRhKy.png

Supmandude

Squog
Weird, the other day I was thinking about making a thread asking what people thought the cover would look like and I was going to say they'd probably just use that picture of them as superheros surfing. No surprises here. Too bad there's not even any difference between the 3D and 2D versions of the film besides "3D" being in the logo.

I'm almost thinking of getting it on 3D Blu-Ray, even though I don't have a 3D TV or 3D Blu-Ray player, just so that I'm already ready with the film in case I ever decide to get those and don't have to buy it again. :P

As for the date, I checked out the release date of a bunch of movies' Blu-Ray releases and they seem to usually be about 3-4 months after they come out in theaters. So, May or June is probably a likely estimate for when it will come out.

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
I'm sure it will be earlier than 1st January 2016. Surely they will want it out for the Summer.

Professor Patrick

"Why must every 11 minutes of my life be filled wi
I like the cover. But I think something like the gang in 2D on the bottom, and the gang in CGI on top. With the logo in the middle. THAT would really be cool. But this is ok too.

More

VIP
You're in luck! It was already updated to ship exactly 1 day earlier!

:p

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
The LEGO Movie DVD said 12/31/14 at first but it was later changed to June or July. Since TLM came out on 2/7/14 and SB is coming out on 2/6/15 and their trailers were released at similar times one year apart, I'm assuming we'll get a DVD release about one year after TLM got it.

iPlankton

The Original Single-Celled Organism
mightymaxvspollypocket said:
BUT I DONT WANT TO WAIT!
I would be shocked if this isn't out before October. My guess would be around June-July given the current timetable for film releases.

I also doubt that cover art is finalized, although I'm sure we'll see something similar in the end. Hoping for some sweet packaging exclusives

Supmandude

Squog
I also doubt that cover art is finalized, although I'm sure we'll see something similar in the end. Hoping for some sweet packaging exclusives
I hope they go with something similar to the Robertryan Cory concept posters from awhile ago. I know it's unlikely, but maybe they'll see all the reviews and everything say it's the best part of the movie and decide to change what they focus their marketing on. :)

Also, new descrption available on the US Walmart site. "Over 45 Minutes Of Exciting Extras; Includes Full-length Animated Music Video 'Thank Gosh It's Monday'." With over 45 minutes, there will hopefully be a lot of deleted scenes and other awesomeness!!! :D

iPlankton

The Original Single-Celled Organism
Supmandude said:
Also, new descrption available on the US Walmart site. "Over 45 Minutes Of Exciting Extras; Includes Full-length Animated Music Video 'Thank Gosh It's Monday'." With over 45 minutes, there will hopefully be a lot of deleted scenes and other awesomeness!!! :D
Wow, that's a lot of bonus features for a modern BD release! Nowadays, there isn't a lot of investment in on-disc bonus features because pretty much people will buy the disc either way. The market of people who only buy for bonus features has to be really small I'd imagine. Personally, I like having a hard copy of movies, and I usually spring for the most "deluxe" version since, if I'm buying the movie, why not be the best one? But I don't really have time to watch bonus features anymore so I focus more on packaging exclusives. However, I am such a big fan of the show, animation in general, and particularly the animation in this movie, I will definitely watch whatever they throw on this release!

Also I'm surprised there's this much detail about the disc release so soon after the movie's been out! Normally studios wait a good long time so people go see it in theater rather than wait because they saw it'd be out soon!

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I can't remember which video it was, but I think Paul Tibbitt said he wanted to show some behind-the-scenes footage from when they were filming the superhero part with the character stand-ins. That would be something I'd love to see.

Cha

I love SBM
I wish the cover had both 2-D and CGI. Like it was split into two sections. Maybe some of the characters could be helping the other get into the CGI side?

Supmandude

Squog
So anyone know why there's an actual date scheduled way in October? It doesn't seem like a random estimate since there's an actual date. It'll totally bum me out if it takes that long. You'd think they'd want it out by Summer, right? :(

Perry The Platypus said:
I hope there's a Commentary, since there wasn't one for the first movie.
Paul Tibbit said on Twitter that he'd love to do it if they asked him to, but they haven't. Hopefully they will.

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
Supmandude said:
So anyone know why there's an actual date scheduled way in October? It doesn't seem like a random estimate since there's an actual date. It'll totally bum me out if it takes that long. You'd think they'd want it out by Summer, right? :(

Paul Tibbit said on Twitter that he'd love to do it if they asked him to, but they haven't. Hopefully they will.
Guys, that date sounds too exaggerated. Maybe the date will be pushed up to July if we're lucky.

Back