Does Squidward, Mr. Krabs, or SpongeBob need somebody to love?

SpongeBob is asexual and has only expressed interest in romance when he asked "Will I ever get married?" but even then treated it as somewhat of a joke, so he doesn't. Squidward was depressed about being single in Love That Squid, and he's typically portrayed as lonely, so I'd say yes for him. Mr. Krabs has Mrs. Puff but didn't seem very lonely beforehand, so while he likes being in a relationship I wouldn't say he "needs" to be in one.

FutureSponge

Imitation Krab
Mr. Krabs has Mrs. Puff and SpongeBob (had) Patty. Poor Squidward though, we can only assume his date in Love That Squid didn't end well....

IsMayonaiseAInstrument

Master of Wumbology
Mrs. Krab already has Mrs. Puff, not sure if Squidward will get lucky though. I ship Squidward x Clarinet though it's the best Spongebob ship ever.

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
Darn it, I hate saying that SpongeBob is asexual ‘cause it kinda hurts my ships. Nevertheless, canonically (sort of), he is asexual, meaning he wouldn’t be interested in seeking out a relationship. He’s married to his job! 😅

I feel as though Mr. Krabs love for money holds him back from a lot of things, but I don’t think dating is one of them, hence his relationship with Mrs. Puff. He needs a relationship to take his thoughts away from money, and the one that’s already established is going pretty well for him.

Squidward is pretty lonely, painting portraits of himself and whatnot. He’s so in love with himself because I believe he desires to share himself with others. Without anyone to share himself with, he’s developed some clear narcissism.

Darn it, I hate saying that SpongeBob is asexual ‘cause it kinda hurts my ships. Nevertheless, canonically (sort of), he is asexual, meaning he wouldn’t be interested in seeking out a relationship.
He can still be interested in seeking out a romantic relationship, just not a sexual one

Bianca

Dreamlover
I don't think SpongeBob ever needs to fall in love. I think his heart is too pure and forever young. His life is fulfilled by his friends and his passion for Krabby Patties.

Mr. Krabs could benefit from love. He's a much better man when he's around Mrs. Puff. I think it's possible for them to be together, but I think this would undermine a lot of the show's plot for them to be together.

Squidward really needs to find love. I'm hoping that the rumored spin-off has some dating life in it as Squidward would be a much better man with a woman by his side, possibly someone who can give him some pointers on how to actually play the clarinet.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Literally no to SpongeBob. He's a man-child, he shouldn't be in a relationship.

For Squidward, in the show proper probably not, but if there really is a spin-off being developed for him then maybe that can be explored there? It depends on what kind of direction that show would go in. Is it the same comedy and everything as the original SpongeBob? If so, then no.

Mr. Krabs has already found love, Mrs. Puff. They've been putting little easter eggs and references to their relationship, so as far as I'm concerned it's confirmed. Though it would be nice if we had another episode about it.

EM.

Moby Dollar
Lets not forget when Spongebob was literally in love with a Krabby Patty

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
It would be we uncanny if Spongebob had a love interst, it goes against Steve's wishes. But, since nick went behind his back and did a spin off, I wouldn't be suprised if they had an episode where Spongebob fell in love.

Back