Does ANYONE like the 21st Century?

DJ Sagara

Bomb-Selling Pirate
What irritates me a lot is that I see so many people criticize the 21st Century, like it's Hell on Earth, yet praise the 20th Century like there was nothing wrong with it. Am I the only person who disagrees? Honestly, so many people seem to hate the movies, music, tv shows, cartoons, video games, and everything else that happens during this time, despite the fact that every decade has it's flaws. I'm not saying that the 21st Century is the best century, but the 20th Century wasn't the best either. Anyone agree with me?

Well, I see what you're saying. I feel like kids who were born in the late 20th century felt like they had more to do with their lives, because they didn't car about the flaws, they'd just laugh and play, but by the time the 21st century came around, they started noticing the flaws a bit more. It would sort of be the same case for a person who was born in the late 19th century; just started analyzing things a little more.

TropicalNards112233 said:
Eh wot?

hfjs

I have no idea why, but this feels like a Salty Spitoon topic to me :huh:

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
PatStar2000 said:
Well, I see what you're saying. I feel like kids who were born in the late 20th century felt like they had more to do with their lives, because they didn't car about the flaws, they'd just laugh and play, but by the time the 21st century came around, they started noticing the flaws a bit more. It would sort of be the same case for a person who was born in the late 19th century; just started analyzing things a little more.

Eh wot?
Ehhh.

Cha

I love SBM
Every single person will say there was "the good old days" when things were "amazing". It is true that people might have had more chances to do things in the past because they probably didn't have as much responsibility. Yet, people need to get over it eventually. It comes to a point where people just live in the past and don't look at their lives now. It's called the past a reason. This applies to people who say everything was good in let's say the 90's and they thinks everything is terrible now. Enjoy your life in the present, not the past all the time.

This is why I love this video, it did something more people should do.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5pa6SGYWADU

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
I do. I love the fact that technology has made it available for me to watch and listen to all the old shows/music I like at a relatively low price.

This century has also given me some artists that I really enjoy:

-Gorillaz
-LCD Soundsystem
-Coldplay (yeah, I like Coldplay. Sue me.)
-Panic! at the Disco (I hate the emo look they had during their first album, it just looks ridiculous in my opinion. They sure know how to write a song with halfway clever lyrics and a catchy hook, though. Call 'em a guilty pleasure.)
-OK Go
-Passion Pit
-Foster The People
-Gotye
-Fun.

(I also like listening to a lot of indie rock/indietronica. Sue me again.)

And many other critically-acclaimed and well-liked artists that I haven't even listened to yet:
-The White Stripes
-The Strokes
-The Black Keys
-M83
-Bon Iver
-Of Monsters and Men
-Mumford and Sons
-MGMT
-Kendrick Lamar
-The Postal Service
-Capital Cities
-Mordecai and the Rigbys

Speaking of Regular Show, that proves that this century also created some awesome cartoons like Adventure Time, Teen Titans, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Danny Phantom, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Fairly Oddparents (for the first few seasons), Invader Zim, Dan Vs., and MLP:FiM. (You might say that last one's debatable, but I honestly think it has a certain charm and innocence to it that most cartoons don't have anymore.)

I've also heard that such critically-acclaimed shows such as Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead have high ratings and large fanbases. (I've never seen either of them, but I will...eventually!)

Sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, and Community have been getting the same treatment (and I can safely say the middle two are quite funny...I need to watch more TV, dang it.).

'90's kids don't know what they're missing.

Am I the only one who doesn't care? They both have pros and cons.

Pros of now:
Better technology
more worldwide acceptance and fairness
less of this gender roles crap

Cons of now:
less safety to just go outside
more scary ideas that could kill us all
too much technololgy

Pros of then:
going outside
less being shy
pretty safe

Cons of then:
less acceptant of topics such as atheism, sexuality, etc
wars
more difficult to do daily things

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
It's obvious to say that the best time to be alive is right now, not in the past, because of many different things (included up-to-date knowledge on our health!)

However I would have liked to have grown up in the 90s, since I prefer a lot of music, TV and film from that decade. In the meantime, I'll just listen to Absolute Radio 90s.

Back