Does anyone here LOVE Windows 10?

jm123mcdowell

Banished
So, I love Windows 10. Wondering why? 1. It's hard to crash. 2. The BSOD looks better and doesn't give me nightmares, plus it restarts automatically and reports the error to Microsoft. 3. The interface looks better. 4. They have Linux Terminals in the Windows store. 5. The Metro interface looks... there I say it, pretty. 6. Microsoft Edge is a good web browser, almost as good as Chrome. And I have many other good things to say about it that I can't think of right now.

a_load_of_barnacles

Bomb-Selling Pirate
It's a good OS, their Acyrllic design language is great but it needs to be implemented system wide. I hate defending Apple but this is the thing they get right with Mac OS: design consistency. Windows has Universal apps (UWP), Metro apps, Win32 apps, and they all look different from each other and even apps made in the same style are different.
Right click in edge? Right click in Mail? Right click on the desktop? Right click on the taskbar? Right click in Office? Right click in the Start Menu? Each has a different context menu, and no consistency at all.
But besides the visual problems, the OS is stable, forced updates help to mitigate the people who never updated and the complained about getting viruses, and the focus on a constantly upgraded OS that doesn't just have major revisions is really cool.
Wow this is too long.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Definitely better than Windows 8/8.1. I think it's exactly like Windows 7 but with a few tweaks here and there that maybe others could find useful. I mainly use it for school and leisure.

I wouldn't say I love Windows 10 but it is on par with my Mac, imo.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
It's alright. Still pretty similar to 7 since they backtracked a lot of the weirder windows 8 stuff.
There's still quite a lot of bloat stuff on it though. Ships with way too much nonsense on it by default. Also the notification popups for cloud storage and stuff being default is pretty terrible.
Just takes some time to clear out all the junk they've got on it but once you've got it set up it still nice.

Back