Do you want SpongeBob to be like how it was in the first 3 seasons?

Do you want season 1-3 SpongeBob back?

• Yes

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 69.0%

• Total voters

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
*UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT*

Honestly, I have to say no. I don't want SpongeBob to be like how it was in seasons 1-3.

For one, that era was over a decade ago and most of the crew since then has been long gone. Who knows if they even still have their touch or if they will ever return? Perhaps not anytime soon.

Another reason, and this is the biggest reason, is that I really love how the show has been doing in season 9 lately. New, fresh plots, various story arcs, great comedy, fluid animation, wonderful designs, all-new characters, and surreal episodes that you wouldn't normally expect to see within the SpongeBob franchise. No, it doesn't feel like the first 3 seasons at all in my opinion, but who says it has be in order to be good? I want to see how the show will do in its next 2-3 seasons. I want the show to go beyond what it was during the "golden age" of the show. Heck, I even want it to go beyond "Sweet Victory", "CHOCOLATE!", and pretty much any memorable moment the show had during its prime. SpongeBob should go an entirely new direction and bring much more new stuff to the table. That's what will keep me, and possibly others, hooked on the show.

Now, tell me your thoughts. Do you want seasons 1-3 SpongeBob back, or do you want it to keep going into a direction that no sponge has ever gone before? Discuss and cast your votes!

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
I really love how the episodes in season 9 have been. It feels, fresh and funny and it adds a special charm to season 9 that no other season has. The animation and facial expressions have also been amazing. I'm just glad that the show is providing us with really entertaining episodes which is what matters :salute:

The original 3 seasons were great, and season 9 is great too! Despite their differences, they both offer something unique.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
As long as it is good. If it's like seasons 1-3 I'll be happy, if it stays in the style we're at I'll be happy too.

That said I kinda hope they stay at the style they're at. I think it's really working for them.

Whisper

let me show you how its done
Staff
yeah honestly it shouldnt be exactly like how seasons 1-3 were. thats old stuff. what we're getting right now with season 9 is on the right track and is perfectly fine the way it is, though hopefully it will get even better.

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
There are certain aspects of the earlier seasons that I'd like to see return, but I like that they're doing new things. Still, I think it's good for the show to go back to its roots every now and then, even if it's just an episode or two that have simpler plots and that "pre-movie" charm.

Krystalite

Professional Tsundere
A small portion of it, one of that being how Nick used to treat Spongebob before it became their #1 cash cow...

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
This is a very good question.

I want the characterization and awesomeness from the first three seasons, but not exactly the same. Each season is unique in its own way. Yes, i want some redeeming qualities from the first three seasons, but this season must be different. So no.

Ihavedahswag

Take it to the Top!
I don't want it to go back to how it was. :planktonnervous:

I still prefer Seasons 1-3 to Season 9, but it's like a whole new show now. Sure, the characters and locations are the same, but the style of plots and the way they're executed has completely changed. And I like how different it is now. Things like permanent additions (Spot), episodes focused on single characters (Mall Girl Pearl) (even if I didn't like the execution, I have to admit it was a clever idea), and shipping of Mr. Krabs and Plankton becoming sort of canon (Married to Money) have made it interesting. If the show just stayed the same, it would get tedious and predictable - without big changes, there are only so many plots you can do. Sure, there are a few stinkers in Season 9b (The Fishbowl, Mall Girl Pearl, etc.), but there have always been one-off bad episodes (I'm With Stupid, Squeaky Boots), so you can't judge a Season by one episode. Season 9a is pretty bad however - episodes such as Extreme Spots, Squid Baby, Little Yellow Book weren't very good.

I've sort of gone off topic. The point is, I am happy with the direction SpongeBob is going, and I am enjoying the new types of episodes and scenarios we are seeing. For that reason, I would not like SpongeBob to return to how it was in Seasons 1-3; it's fine as it is now.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I have to say maybe on this one. While Season 1-3 are still great seasons, Season 9b, as well as the upcoming Season 10 and 11, deserve to be their own thing. Season 9 in it's entirety has been very experimental so far, and I want to see them make a real winning formula, and not have to go back to 2001 every couple episodes. That said, I don't mind the Classic SpongeBob feel, and if they do an episode or two with more of that Classic feel, I'd be happy about that.

PinkPearl

insert title here
I would like them to stay with the same characterizations, but if they try to hard to make it like 1-3, it will probably end up as something completely different. As long as they're not like season 6-7 episodes (childish plots, annoying characters, and/or just plain boring) it doesn't matter to me. Just as long as there's good quality in general. It's difficult to imitate seasons as a whole.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
No, it's fine the way it is. Even if the show had improved since the low point (season 7), I don't want to compare to seasons 1-3 since seasons 4 and 5 were classic in my book. Just as long as they keep the quality constantly good.

Smitty

Part Computer or Something
Yes, and also no. I want to see how far they go in this direction and how amazing it becomes. Heck, it could even be better than S1-3!

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
No it's fine the way it is. The episodes are getting back on track for me and re-hiring many of the pre-movie writers will probably not guarantee the show reaches that level of quality again...they may have lost touch with how the character personalities and how this show's humor works.

Sailor Mouth

Floating Shopping List
I think I'd want it to be as funny as seasons 2 and 3. The characters are great in season 9 and I like the direction it's going in, but I also really want it to be as funny and clever as the earlier seasons again.

Back