Do you think we give new episodes a fair chance?

Banoon

TWENTY FIRST CENT'RY SCHIZOID MAANNN
They are the cancer that is killing SpongeBob.
There's no true death of a Franchise Zombie.

Your best bet is to have a shotgun.
true.
I guess the new episodes are a BB gun, using brute force and a whole lot of weak bullets to slowly and eventually kill off the zombie that is SpongeBob

Lazlo

Flying Dutchman's Sock
During the latter half of Season 4 and the beginning of Season 5, I didn't give the episodes a fair chance, but recently I have. There have been a spoonful of Season 7 episodes that I have admitly enjoyed. So yeah, we need to give the new ones a better reputation.

Ocean Man

search:party:animal
The thing is, the new episodes don't deserve a chance because SpongeBob just isn't what it used to be.

Everything about the show has decreased in quality and the show as a whole has taken a sharp downward spiral ever since 2005. Lots of factors contribute (I think one of them is growing up) but the biggest one is the newer producers. The old producers had the perfect formula for what made SpongeBob so successful and once the new producers took over, they completely threw that away and the show's jokes became cliche, the stories became repetitive and uninteresting, the characters became flat and unlikable, every episode post-movie has become so forgettable I hardly remember most of them, whereas I could probably still list off every pre-movie episode despite not having seen the show in years. Everything about the show now just seems forced now that I have trouble sitting through any recent episode.

Now don't get me wrong, growing up plays part of a factor in it as well (a very small one) because nowadays a new cartoon episode won't seem nearly as appealing as it did 7 years ago, and yes, there have been admittedly a few good post-movie episodes, but the show's quality has dropped so much and post-movie SpongeBob compared to pre-movie SpongeBob is so ridiculously different it's frustrating.

(Wow. I have not posted in this section of the forum in forever.)

Planktonimor

Floating Shopping List
I liked the hand drawn animation a whole lot better than the computer animation their using.

There's only a few episodes that have been pretty good since.

Sabrespongebob

Floating Shopping List
Yeah, they hand draw and paint the backgrounds and use Computer animation on the characters and objects

Back