Do you think theaters will reopen?

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
Digital media's replacing a lot now, but not the theaters. No, Hollywood will literally die before that day comes. No matter what pandemic comes our way, people are going to demand for those big-budget releases to be put on the big screen eventually.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I do think they will reopen eventually but not in the near future.

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
I so badly want to see the third SpongeBob movie in theaters. It will be the first and likely the last time I ever see a SpongeBob movie at the theatre and I would hate to miss an opportunity such as that one. 🥺 It would mean so much to see it...

Chris

Floridian
I so badly want to see the third SpongeBob movie in theaters. It will be the first and likely the last time I ever see a SpongeBob movie at the theatre and I would hate to miss an opportunity such as that one. 🥺 It would mean so much to see it...
I saw the first movie in the theaters. So long ago I barley remember though.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
There are so many times I got to see a movie at a traditional movie theater/cinema that I wish I could see some movies on a big screen under the stars at a drive-in movie theater on a warm summer night sitting in the open trunk of my foster parents' SUV...
I'm fortunate enough to have one of those drive-in movie theaters here. Only go once a year but it makes me feel old but comfortable

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
Honestly, I've only been to the the theaters once, so honestly I don't really care. I've got all my streaming services anyways, why should I care about going to the movies?

Patrick101

Lizard
Honestly, I've only been to the the theaters once, so honestly I don't really care. I've got all my streaming services anyways, why should I care about going to the movies?
Nothin' beats stuffin' your face with boxed candy in the dark where nobody can see you. Except maybe the cool crisp a/c of an empty movie theater unabated by body heat in a 21st century summer.

I just went back to the theater a month ago and saw the first LOTR (el señor de los anillos, as they call it here) & never occurred to me that the whole experience, as the kids say, hits different.

Back