Do You Think Squilvia is Canon to the Show?

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
And also Spot from "Plankton's Pet." I think there's quite a lot of potential for interesting, fresh storylines had they kept Squilvia as a recurring character. Snellie was also a one time character that was never brought up again in any other episode besides "The Great Snail Race" so I'm hoping that we'll get at least one other plotline with those two characters and others.

More

VIP
That's funny, the only time the words "SpongeBob" and "Canon"are used together is with the word "doesn't" in the middle.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Well, she was in the show, so ... yes, I guess? I don't really understand what you're asking. "Canon" means "officially accepted as part of the story/universe", right? Which she is. If you're wondering about whether she (and Spot etc) will be recurring characters I'd say probably not but in theory it's possible.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
DadMom AngryPants said:
Well, she was in the show, so ... yes, I guess? I don't really understand what you're asking. "Canon" means "officially accepted as part of the story/universe", right? Which she is. If you're wondering about whether she (and Spot etc) will be recurring characters I'd say probably not but in theory it's possible.
I think that's what I meant to say but also wondering if that character was just supposed to be a one time thing.

NO BECUZ SHE RUINS SQUIDIAM :plankpoint:

BUt legit, of course she's canon--she actually appeared on the show! Now as for relevance, unforunately, there is little to none.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
Popeye Q. Krabs said:
Squilliam's last appearance was (unfortunately) in "Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful." I'm just gonna assume he's dead to the show until further notice.
True, but between Squilliam Returns and House Fancy, he was absent for at least 50 episodes. So there's a chance he could still come back

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Lately I've been more interested with seeing Squidward and Squivia together again. Not every episode though, just some.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
I think she's a one timer, if not, she would probably appear again in a later episode. I honestly don't really care too much for Love That Squid, so, eh.

I REALLY hope Spot will come back, though. He's probably a one-timer also, though :violin:

More

VIP
I think she's a one timer, if not, she would probably appear again in a later episode. I honestly don't really care too much for Love That Squid, so, eh.

I REALLY hope Spot will come back, though. He's probably a one-timer also, though :violin:

BMC sighting everyone!

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
Whether she's "canon" or not is all just a matter of semantics, and semantics never get anyone anywhere. As far as I see it, she was a one-and-done character and I'd honestly be very surprised if she was brought back.

RedSoxFan274 said:
Whether she's "canon" or not is all just a matter of semantics, and semantics never get anyone anywhere. As far as I see it, she was a one-and-done character and I'd honestly be very surprised if she was brought back.
Remember the days though when all the characters were one-and-done?

Cha

I love SBM
As terms of being Squidward's girlfriend, probably not. Did they ever continue with Mr. Krabs and Mrs. Puff in the show (well to be fair Party Pooper Pants did imply it along with some comics and maybe Bummer Vacation if you look hard enough) or Gary and Snelie? Exactly. It's the infamous love story for 11 minutes. I could see her appearing in a cameo in some type of all octopus related episode like Smooth Jazz in Bikini Bottom was.

crushingmayhem

Krabby Patty Burglar
I think she could appear again, it just depends on the story they give her. But I think if she does appear again it would be a different story altogether, like she wouldn't be too involved with Squidward.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
I count at least one date with Squidward/Squilvia as canon, as it was implied strongly in the episode. If they stayed together after that, obviously we don't know. It bites that we've never seen her again, honestly.

Now, obviously, since I very seriously ship Squidiam (Squidward/Squilliam), I'm fine if she isn't going to end up as Squidward's long term girlfriend. - I'll also admit, though, that even if she would be, it wouldn't stop me shipping Squidiam. It'd make it a bit trickier to fit my head-canon with show-canon, admittedly, but I'd be up for the challenge. ;) I would like to know more about her: Hobbies, interests, would she have actually ordered at the Krusty Krab (something not really seen with octopus characters, sans the one realistically drawn mom with her children in "Sailor Mouth", etc.. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing her interact with Squilliam somehow (I do NOT want him to take her from Squidward, though, if the writers actually did that, I'd be ticked.. I can't see her being Squilliam's type, and Squidward just does not deserve that). Based on her personality so far, I don't think she'd be interested in Squilliam either. She liked Squidward for cussing out idiots among other things, while we've only ever seen Squilliam being snappy/mean/rude towards Squidward (he's nice/friendly towards literally every other character he interacts with).

Oh, for the record: Back to the Past is the last episode we see Squilliam in, actually. But "Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful" was his last larger role.

Snellie's another character I wish we'd have seen again. I don't really like the idea of Squidward ordering a pet just to enter her in a race and then getting rid of her after that. Plus, I adored her and Gary.

Spot's another character I'd like to see again, too. I've only seen the episode once, but I remember liking it a lot.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I honestly couldn't see her as part of the main show. Maybe some appearances here and there but her voice is quite annoying...or maybe I'm just thinking of the girl squid from "Squidville" when she says "Can you pipe down over there...iron lung?"

Back