Do you think any other Nicktoon will run as long as Spongebob Squarepants?

hfjs

Not in the near future, but maybe in the far future...

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
I do not know the answer to this. I can't predict the future, but it may depend if a new TV show creator found out that SpongeBob was/is (depending on his/her time) the longest-running Nick show. Then, he/she would want to make a show more longer and popular than him, but, get this. SpongeBob is EVERYWHERE! I think it may or may not run as long as SpongeBob, but I don't think it will be as popular as him.

hfjs

Spongeo said:
Squids Who Cry would make an awesome series.
Then we'll all change are usernames to something related to Squids Who Cry, and member titles would all be "Hot Squid" and everyone's avatar would be this:

SFaA0yD.jpg

Cha

I love SBM
Fairly OddParents is the only one who is nearly the age of SpongeBob.

BubbleBud

Giant Clam
Amphitrite said:
I do not know the answer to this. I can't predict the future, but it may depend if a new TV show creator found out that SpongeBob was/is (depending on his/her time) the longest-running Nick show. Then, he/she would want to make a show more longer and popular than him, but, get this. SpongeBob is EVERYWHERE! I think it may or may not run as long as SpongeBob, but I don't think it will be as popular as him.
Sure it could. As Technology progresses, it's going to be a big advantage for the next big show. At the time of Rugrats, none of us really expected that SpongeBob would be more popular when it first aired. But as TheOneAndOnly has said once, SpongeBob had the internet to it's advantage, which lead to a bigger popularity. I think S&C could be pretty big for Nick. And I do think that Nick could have a show one day over the course of the next generation of kids that will be a tad more (probably not a lot, lot) popular than SpongeBob. All thanks to technology. It's like bands of the 70's, 80's, and 90's. You have technology to use the new artists to their advantage.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
BubbleBud said:
Sure it could. As Technology progresses, it's going to be a big advantage for the next big show. At the time of Rugrats, none of us really expected that SpongeBob would be more popular when it first aired. But as TheOneAndOnly has said once, SpongeBob had the internet to it's advantage, which lead to a bigger popularity. I think S&C could be pretty big for Nick. And I do think that Nick could have a show one day over the course of the next generation of kids that will be a tad more (probably not a lot, lot) popular than SpongeBob. All thanks to technology. It's like bands of the 70's, 80's, and 90's. You have technology to use the new artists to their advantage.
I think you're right. Sanjay & Craig is actually good. In fact, I'm totally giving it a chance. It could be the next big thing.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
Unlimitedcha said:
Fairly OddParents is the only one who is nearly the age of SpongeBob.
Technically it could be considered older than SpongeBob if one were to count the "Oh Yeah!" shorts as Fairly OddParents episodes

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I don't think there will be any in the near future because the only way to get another cartoon to get a great audience like SpongeBob currently has, Nickelodeon needs to show less of SpongeBob. Maybe an hour block. There needs to be more variety of programming. TUFF Puppy could've been a great cartoon. I thought it was going to be the next big thing but Nick didn't want to air it that often, but instead SpongeBob was still all over the schedule.

So, to answer the question, yes there will be another Nicktoon with a long run like SpongeBob. No, it will not be in the near future.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
ssj4gogita4 said:
I don't think there will be any in the near future because the only way to get another cartoon to get a great audience like SpongeBob currently has, Nickelodeon needs to show less of SpongeBob. Maybe an hour block. There needs to be more variety of programming. TUFF Puppy could've been a great cartoon. I thought it was going to be the next big thing but Nick didn't want to air it that often, but instead SpongeBob was still all over the schedule.

So, to answer the question, yes there will be another Nicktoon with a long run like SpongeBob. No, it will not be in the near future.
Yes, Nick is a bunch of greedy Mr.Krabs, T.U.F.F. Puppy is a great Nicktoon, and Nick is treating it like trash. I do agree they need to show way less SpongeBob and they need more variety.

Back