You know.

• Yes

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters

Cha

I love SBM
Yes I do, but SpongeBob chooses to stay friends with her and I'm okay with it now.

ooooooofy said:
CoughcoughNOcoughcough
tumblr_m239l3vryo1r4t35qo1_500.gif

AlexaStar

Floating Shopping List
I rather have him and Girly teen girl since their the same species!

Yes, let's have him be with a one-time character who he called ugly just because they're the same species. :I

To answer the topic's question, yes, I am a hardcore Spandy shipper. This pairing is what got me into SpongeBob as an adult anyway. Sure, I liked this cartoon when I was a kid, but I liked just about every other cartoon Nick had on at the time.

And frankly, any ship teasing between the two is pretty much the only reason I watch this show anymore. Having moved on to far superior shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show that are NOT afraid to have shipping between its main characters, looking back on SpongeBob, particularly most of its post-movie episodes, I find myself getting bored. :/

I'm probably gonna get hate for this, but as they say on the Internet, haters gonna hate.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I like that SpongeBob and Sandy liked each other. I think they do.

I VOTE YES ON SPANDY.

Edit: I'm a dumbass right here so ::dolphin noise:: Spandy

AlexaStar said:
Yes, let's have him be with a one-time character who he called ugly just because they're the same species. :I

To answer the topic's question, yes, I am a hardcore Spandy shipper. This pairing is what got me into SpongeBob as an adult anyway. Sure, I liked this cartoon when I was a kid, but I liked just about every other cartoon Nick had on at the time.

And frankly, any ship teasing between the two is pretty much the only reason I watch this show anymore. Having moved on to far superior shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show that are NOT afraid to have shipping between its main characters, looking back on SpongeBob, particularly most of its post-movie episodes, I find myself getting bored. :/

I'm probably gonna get hate for this, but as they say on the Internet, haters gonna hate.
I HATE YOU

just kidding, I agree with you in that pepole who immediately chastise people with "unpopular" opinions need to get a life @_@

AlexaStar

Floating Shopping List
I HATE YOU

just kidding, I agree with you in that pepole who immediately chastise people with "unpopular" opinions need to get a life @_@

Thanks for being so understanding. You're one of my favorite people on this site because of that (as well as the fact that you're funny and you support Spandy). :P

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
Spongeo said:
I rather have him and Girly teen girl since their the same species!
Looks like SOMEONE ^ isn't ready to accept inter-species relationships.

NO! Spongebob does not need a romantic interest. If you want to :dolphin noise: off to the thought of Spongebob and Sandy doing it, be my guest, but the TV show doesn't need that. The show's audience is largely little children, and I really don't think they care about relationships. Leave "Spandy" to the fan-fictions.

BubbleBud

Giant Clam
I support it. I support it more so than what the haters support from the show, which is in my opinion, much worse. It could add depth to the characters.

Web Surfer

Banished
No, Spandy is better kept as an internet thing, and to prevent a long, 5-paged argument with invalid facts and "IM CUTE LOL", here's why:

1. It would completely destroy Spongebob's character. This one's the no-brainer. Unlike Adventure Time, Regular Show, or whatever you people watch, the character Spongebob wasn't made to handle such a relationship. He's supposed to be juvenile and naive. It's where his likability comes from And for those who are saying "But alot of episodes in premovie d3spict this relationship, hur durrrr", it mostly comes up as subtle, and nothing more but temporary feelings for Sandy. Alas, he loves Sandy; but he loves everyone else as equally.

2. The series would become unbalanced. If Spandy becomes a reality, the show will have to lift episodes involving their relationship, and form a tighter continuity. If that's not bad enough already, their relationship will be the core of many future episodes and overall would take the focus from the actual plot and/or humor. Even if it is done right, kids want to laugh, not to be "bored to death".

3. It really depends on the writers. This speaks for itself. The problems above can be tweaked, but it is doubtful the writers will succeed with balancing not two, but three topics (adventure, humor, and romance) at the same time without it turning out like a mess. It's extremely risky, and it has a likehood of being completely screwed up at the end.

Those are my two cents on the subject. In a side note, please don't take this comment so heartfully, and also, as much as this comment implies, I do actually respect Spandy fans. Just don't like them rubbing it in everyone's faces.

Back