Do SpongeBob haters TRULY hate the show?

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I'm not talking about people like me who used to like it

Rather I am referring to the ones who claim they have always hated SpongeBob SquarePants from the very beginning

Do they REALLY have a burning hatred of this show or is their hate misguided?

Surely even they must have a deep down (WAY deep down) soft spot for SpongeBob!

I do...

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
My dad jokingly claims to hate the show, but I’ve managed to get him to watch a few episodes. He doesn’t laugh or anything, but he just stares at the screen, entranced. Deep down, I think he finds it entertaining. One day I left the room for a few minutes while the 2nd SpongeBob movie was on, and when I returned, he was still watching it. He denies liking the show, however.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
It's hard to believe that anyone hates season 1-3...but I can understand anything after that. I think maybe looking back NOW rather than their hatred beginning back then, that their opinion would change.

Sealand

Imitation Krab
They don't hate the show. They hate everything either after Season 3 or the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. Man, I hate nostalgia thumping 90s kids, because they refuse to grow up, always reject anything that is "modern" and force their childhoods in my generation's face. Clearly 2005-2012 isn't new or modern, no matter HOW people view the post movie era. My final words for those 90s kids are, Grow up, and wake up.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Hate is such a strong word. Anyone who truly spends their time hating - and hating an abstract thing like a television episode, to boot - has deep seated issues, and I pity them.

Back