Disney and Viacom merge.

VG_Addict

Imitation Krab
With all the companies Disney has bought lately, it got me to thinking. Say, hypothetically, that Disney and Viacom merged. What would be the results?

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Something horrible probably. Disney rebranding Nickelodeon maybe.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
If they merge, they will become the largest cartoon industry.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
I honestly feel like it'll be Disney and Comcast that merge someday. That'll be the climax of today's corporate world where these titans join forces.

ThatSkynyrdKid70

2 year club
SpongeBobfan1987 said:
Something very wrong and very sacrilege will happen.

It would be like merging Pepsico with The Coca-Cola Company and then introducing a soda called "Cokesi."
lol Next thing you know, there'll be a remastered trilogy of Pepsiman on PS4 like the Crash and Spyro remastered trilogies, but then games 2 and 3 are gonna be something like "Coke-a-colaman" and "Cokesiman" that are just two completely new games
Flabby Patty said:
I honestly feel like it'll be Disney and Comcast that merge someday. That'll be the climax of today's corporate world where these titans join forces.
Yeah, lol, then that merge will merge with Spectrum and then we'll all be screwed.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
Flabby Patty said:
I doubt it.

Comcast already owns NBCUniversal.
I honestly have had enough of these mergers after telecommunications giant AT&T merged TimeWarner Entertainment into their company to form WarnerMedia.
If any other merger were to happen, it would've been the reunion of CBS and Viacom.
Disney had just merged FOX's animation studio into their company.
What if Disney/ABC buys the FOX Broadcasting Company?

I just want to say that these mergers are a waste of time and energy, they eliminate competition, and create too many monopolies. I like competition.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Tacomaster said:
If Disney and Viacom merged, chances are they would have to sell off a lot of stuff. Maybe Nickelodeon would go to New Fox.
I shudder at the thought

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
As much as I despise the thought of too many big mergers, maybe they should at least give some of FOX's non-animation assets, such as broadcast TV or movies to Viacom or CBS.

I am also in favor of The CW selling off the CBS half of their network back to CBS and relaunching The WB television network for the first time since 2006.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
SpongeBobfan1987 said:
I doubt it.

Comcast already owns NBCUniversal.
I honestly have had enough of these mergers after telecommunications giant AT&T merged TimeWarner Entertainment into their company to form WarnerMedia.
If any other merger were to happen, it would've been the reunion of CBS and Viacom.
Disney had just merged FOX's animation studio into their company.
What if Disney/ABC buys the FOX Broadcasting Company?

I just want to say that these mergers are a waste of time and energy, they eliminate competition, and create too many monopolies. I like competition.
Yep, it just makes things worse and more complicated. It's all becoming way too icky and not caring for the normal people. Antitrust rules have to get in anyway.

On a related note, the only merger I've ever really wanted to happen would be with SoundCloud/Spotify (two of my favorite music sources). SoundCloud has been running through financial issues and has that Go+ burden, a premium music service that nobody really uses. If they merged the non-free songs would have gone to Spotify instead and SC could only be free tracks.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
These large mergers are going to have big ripple effect on the way people do business. I just hope they don't violate the Sherman Antitrust Act...

I predict some of these mega-corporations will be forced to divest parts of their businesses by the courts. It happened before with Standard Oil when they broke up into regional oil companies and with pre-1984 AT&T when they broke up into many different regional telecommunications companies. I predict it could happen again...

Tacomaster

Moby Dollar
These large mergers are going to have big ripple effect on the way people do business. I just hope they don't violate the Sherman Antitrust Act...

I predict some of these mega-corporations will be forced to divest parts of their businesses by the courts. It happened before with Standard Oil when they broke up into regional oil companies and with pre-1984 AT&T when they broke up into many different regional telecommunications companies. I predict it could happen again...

Hmm... how would they be broken up?

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
Disney and Viacom together. Sounds like a match made in heaven to me. Disney may at least still actually produce some stuff, but both of them are obsessive about their monopoly on whatever they get their hands on.

Back