Did SpongeBob jump the shark?

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Are you trying use that arugment
Um yeah lol. I don't see how being childish is a bad thing, especially for a show, as I've stated before and should be obvious, aimed for children. We (assuming you are not a child) are not this show's primary audience or demographic. SpongeBob may utilize adult humor and undertones, but it is still very much a kid's show, and so will be using "childish" humor. I fail to see how this is not obvious.

SuperSponge1234

Dead Inspector
Um yeah lol. I don't see how being childish is a bad thing, especially for a show, as I've stated before and should be obvious, aimed for children. We (assuming you are not a child) are not this show's primary audience or demographic. SpongeBob may utilize adult humor and undertones, but it is still very much a kid's show, and so will be using "childish" humor. I fail to see how this is not obvious.
First of all They were almost A complete diffrent characters and how do you think spongebob rosed up beacuse of How everyone watched it And you can tell how the adults demographics Falled up and even the chidlren notced Also that childish humor declined spongebob http://www.nickalive.net/2012/05/nickelodeon-usa-experiences-ratings.html Many people say spongebob decline how the entire character changed it is a child show But it was a mix not entirly Just for kids everyone watched
https://www.retrojunk.com/a/Qrep0t6q1d/the-decline-of-spongebob-squarepants AND look everyone website mention spongebob character The first 3 seasons where not as childish as that why do you think spongebob rise Everyone watched when that maturity left No one watched even the kids demographics declined Beacuse mainly how gross or too chilidsh Thats every article i am not joking tho

SuperSponge1234

Dead Inspector
i agree, it doesn't need to be an edgy show. a show can be childish while being funny/fun
Yeah but i mean that was the key to spongebob rise everyone watched it was childish but it was not the average cartoon Every article complains about how new spongebob Is so much childish aganist old spongebob which led to the decline

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
for Me Personally; Season 13 in what I Consider the "Post-Stephen Hillenburg" Era(Not to be confused with Post-Movie Spongebob, aka Seasons 4-9A; since even if he DID have a smaller presence than in the Pre-Movie Seasons; He was still alive back then) aka Every season made after the Death of Stephen Hillenburg. . .

With that Spongebob Hate Group Club episode[While said Club's Existance IS Justifiable due to Spongebob's Actions & How they ended up SCREWING them over; The Fact that he was so Unlikable; just made me mad to see how Far He had Fallen Morally] & The Episode where Squidward tries to avoid Going to Work to avoid the same situation that would be exactly like the Nightmare he had; Mr. Krabs felt out of Character with wanting the Weakest Link to go to work; Seriously; Why Would Mr. Krabs want someone OTHER than Himself running the Cash Register; since His Greed is basically his Only Character Trait at this point; Why Wouldn't he just run the Register himself; and cut out the middleman that keeps him away from his money?! if it was Mr. Krabs from Pre-Movie Spongebob I'd Understand; But NOT the Post-Flanderization Mr. Krabs from the Post-Hillenberg Era of Spongebob(Seasons 13-onwards) where he's become more of a Villain than The Series' Antagonist; aka Sheldon J. Plankton. . . since Not even in the First Movie Where the Copepod is at his ABSOLUTE EVILIST; does Plankton TRY TO DRIVE MR. KRABS TO SUICIDE Like he did to him in One Coarse Meal; why does the Greedy Crab want Spongebob to Fetch him his least valuable employee; Since If Squidward doesn't come to work; Mr. Krabs would have ONE Less Individual he'd be legally Obligated to Pay

I Just have ZERO Incentive to watch any new episodes of the show!

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Is it SpongeBob SquarePants that jumped the shark?

Or is it Nickelodeon themselves who jumped the shark?

The way I look at it, SpongeBob's downfall is just a mirror or reflection of Nick's downfall!

In other words, Nickelodeon's downfall is what led to the downfall of SpongeBob SquarePants

One only needs to look at the network's current state to know that this is true!

Back