Did SpongeBob jump the shark?

ISNqOrV.png

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
jump_the_shark1.png

Nope, he is too small to do that :P

But seriously, I don't think the show has.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
"Jumping the shark is signaled by a particular episode of a show in which the writers use some type of gimmick in an attempt to keep viewers' interest, which is taken as a sign of desperation"

SB-2_poster.jpg

Jerry

404 - Jerry not Found
This may sound farfetched but I think that Spongebob had been going through it's dark times ,as there are many good post movie episodes with significantly more bad episodes. Plus it happens with many things. Lets just hope that the Out of Water era of Spongebob is a Renaissance era

More

VIP
The show never really jumped the shark. There were just certain parts of the show that went downhill consistently at varying times.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
IMO Spongebob Squarepants sort of jumped the shark in the middle of season 3. The second half of season 3 is extremely mediocre, bland, and unmemorable.
The second half of S3 is fine... I do agree that the first half is way better tho
I'd say after New Student Starfish it started to go downhill really, really slowly.

The Drifter

Some person.
"Jumping the shark is signaled by a particular episode of a show in which the writers use some type of gimmick in an attempt to keep viewers' interest, which is taken as a sign of desperation"
Band_Geeks_SpongeBob.jpg

Well in terms of quality after the first movie, yes it jumped the shark. There's some good things every once in awhile, but aside from that, meh.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
The way I haven't heard this term in years...the world is healing. Anyway, I feel like SpongeBob has "jumped the shark" in that it has evolved itself in order to keep up with the changing demands of its audience. I don't think that's a bad thing though. I mean clearly, SpongeBob isn't wanting for viewers. The show, and at this point, the franchise is perfectly secure (which is why we're getting new shows and movies).

SuperSponge1234

Dead Inspector
The way I haven't heard this term in years...the world is healing. Anyway, I feel like SpongeBob has "jumped the shark" in that it has evolved itself in order to keep up with the changing demands of its audience. I don't think that's a bad thing though. I mean clearly, SpongeBob isn't wanting for viewers. The show, and at this point, the franchise is perfectly secure (which is why we're getting new shows and movies).
To me sb IS super childish and the new eps are so average

Back