Did SpongeBob deserve to pass Rugrats in episode count?

Did it?

• Yes

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • IDK and IDC

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • What's Rugrats?

• Nickelodeon sucks!

• Total voters

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Honestly I don't think it did

Rugrats managed to stay good all the way through without falling (AGU withstanding) while SpongeBob SquarePants dipped in quality after the first & second movies

Sorry to say but SBSP didn't deserve to pass Rugrats!

Anyone else agree?

Klu

Moby Dollar
I never enjoyed Rugrats, but I enjoyed season 4-5 and 9b-11 of SpongeBob, so I don't agree.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I’ve heard fans don’t like the Post-Movie episodes of Rugrats due to them being too immature. All I can say is those who don’t remember history are doomed to repeat it.

Supmandude

Squog
Rugrats wasn’t any good and went on way too long for a show so limited in plots. There’s only so many stories you can do with dumb babies. SpongeBob has an infinate amount of stories and will most likely continue on forever in one form or another, just like Mickey Mouse.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
This doesn't really concern me. It just depends on if the show still has great episodes that stick out the long run. Also not everyone agrees that Rugrats stayed consistently good throughout its 13-year run. Some people don't like the later episodes due to more emphasis on toilet humor, the babies misinterpreting and mispronouncing words, and the stories being more mundane and infantile, not to mention the addition of new characters. Otherwise, even that show has proven it can do a lot with its simple premise.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
I mean, Rugrats wasn't as phenomenal in its golden age as SpongeBob was in its, to be honest. It was a fine show, but it certainly wasn't ground breaking, I really don't know how managed to become as iconic as it did. I feel as though SpongeBob better appealed to people of all ages than Rugrats did after, say it's first season.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
McSponge said:
I mean, Rugrats wasn't as phenomenal in its golden age as SpongeBob was in its, to be honest. It was a fine show, but it certainly wasn't ground breaking, I really don't know how managed to become as iconic as it did. I feel as though SpongeBob better appealed to people of all ages than Rugrats did after, say it's first season.
SpongeBob is more iconic than Rugrats will ever be, true. I also believe SpongeBob is long overdue when it comes to honoring him with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
This thread literally hurts my brain.

The quality of Rugrats can be disputed all day, but for me, Rugrats in its later years will always surpass SpongeBob's later seasons, for one large reason.

SpongeBob has flanderized it's entire cast beyond enjoyment for me; sure, Rugrats did it once or twice, but nothing too drastic.

Also, comparing the golden ages of SpongeBob and Rugrats is sorta silly; they were two different shows with different styles and humor. I will say that SpongeBob is a lot funnier, but Rugrats has more heart.

Back