Did SpongeBob actually ruined Nickelodeon?

Fred Mercury

Mylegian Rhapsody
When I'm watching Saberspark's What Ruined Nickelodeon?, I'm really shocked when he said that SpongeBob is actually ruined Nick. But, he actually got the point why "SB ruined Nick". Nickelodeon used to show many original shows like rugrats, catdog, hey alnord!, etc. but after SB came and got a huge universal acclaim, Nick's "behaviour" changed to be more "evil" (and that's why SB declined at that time) and milking SB viciously. And now, SB is not as loved as 1999-2004.

So, what do you think? Did SB actually ruined Nick?

P.S: god, why do I realized that SB is not as loved as old times again just now? :(

BobCarotte

meep
No, actually the cartoons that kids watch today instead of SpongeBob (Sanjay and Craig, Breadwinners, etc.) because they think it's for babies ruined Nick, and that's why SpongeBob is not as popular as 10 years ago.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
It's easy to say that SpongeBob killed Nickelodeon because it's really been the only good thing going for the last 10 years. I don't necessarily blame the entire thing on SpongeBob, only a little and sometimes not at all.

The executives have so much high standard for every new show that comes out. If it doesn't meet the ratings that SpongeBob has, it's history. No real shot at it.

I also think that the quality of cartoons that has been chosen, which is next to nothingness, is another reason that Nick has failed. 90s cartoons had some quality stuff that made it lovable. Some of the things shown today are just terrible. No real thought was put into any of them.

It's easy to say that SpongeBob killed Nickelodeon because it's really been the only good thing going for the last 10 years. I don't necessarily blame the entire thing on SpongeBob, only a little and sometimes not at all.

The executives have so much high standard for every new show that comes out. If it doesn't meet the ratings that SpongeBob has, it's history. No real shot at it.

I also think that the quality of cartoons that has been chosen, which is next to nothingness, is another reason that Nick has failed. 90s cartoons had some quality stuff that made it lovable. Some of the things shown today are just terrible. No real thought was put into any of them.
I don't agree about it's the only good thing in 10 years. I loved Korra and Harvey Beaks and TUFF Puppy and Loud House wre decent imo.

AngelSponge

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I actually kinda agree with this. Nickelodeon barely pays attention to their other shows and pay a lot more attention to Spongebob.

By the way, he also made a video called What's RUINING... Cartoon Network. If you haven't watch it yet, you should check it out, it's pretty good.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I would have to say that it hurt Nick, but blaming the entire destruction of a channel on one show is a bit of a stretch. Plus I don't believe that Nickelodeon died, it just changed for the worse at one point.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
The opposite. Nickelodeon ruined SpongeBob regarding the circumstances mentioned in the OP.

Supmandude

Squog
I like Saberspark, he featured my fan art of Brony Breakdown on the show back when he used to do that. However, I still disagree with him 1000%.

Nick ruined itself. SpongeBob needs to abandon ship and start airing on CN. It would be sweet hearing this: "Up next, a brand new SpongeBob, followed by a new Teen Titans Go! And we actually air both shows weekly, because we actually have some idea what we're doing, unlike Nick. Basically, now that we cancelled Steven Universe and Gumball, brought back Uncle Grandpa, and acquired SpongeBob, we became the best network ever!!! Oh and also, Harvey Beaks too is on our network now also. Yeah, so anyway, enjoy the new SpongeBob starting now..."

Fred Mercury

Mylegian Rhapsody
"nickeledeon"
oh shrimp, I'll fix that
1452278896123.jpg

No, Cyma Zarghami ruined Nickelodeon, ever since she took over in January 2006.

Under her watch, Nick lost the variety it had. Terrible shows like Naked brothers band, Back to the barnyard, Tak and the power of Juju, and Naked Brothers Band were spammed every day for hours on end. Good shows were replaced with Flash, CGI, and tweencoms.

Nick has been looking up lately with the Loud House, but they still have a long way to go.
She looks not good
The opposite. Nickelodeon ruined SpongeBob regarding the circumstances mentioned in the OP.
or they ruined each other, maybe?
I actually kinda agree with this. Nickelodeon barely pays attention to their other shows and pay a lot more attention to Spongebob.

By the way, he also made a video called What's RUINING... Cartoon Network. If you haven't watch it yet, you should check it out, it's pretty good.

Edit: Ok I thought about it more, and I actually agree with what Supmandude said, "Nick ruined itself". SpongeBob is just one of the minor reasons why Nickelodeon is bad now, but the main reason why Nickelodeon is ruined is because, Nickelodeon keeps on accepting these horrible shows to be on their channel, and we should obviously know why. Nickelodeon doesn't care about the quality of the shows like they did back then.They only care about now is $$$$$.
Yeah, I've already watched it. time to face the 2nd dark age, CN.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
Supmandude said:
I like Saberspark, he featured my fan art of Brony Breakdown on the show back when he used to do that. However, I still disagree with him 1000%.

Nick ruined itself. SpongeBob needs to abandon ship and start airing on CN. It would be sweet hearing this: "Up next, a brand new SpongeBob, followed by a new Teen Titans Go! And we actually air both shows weekly, because we actually have some idea what we're doing, unlike Nick. Basically, now that we cancelled Steven Universe and Gumball, brought back Uncle Grandpa, and acquired SpongeBob, we became the best network ever!!! Oh and also, Harvey Beaks too is on our network now also. Yeah, so anyway, enjoy the new SpongeBob starting now..."
If you want Nick and CN shows on one channel, just watch YTV (but only if live in Canada and have Rogers Cable or Shaw Cable).

Fred Mercury

Mylegian Rhapsody

Yeah, I think they don't have to cancel their great 90s shows, but their fate would just like SpongeBob and Simpsons has right now...

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
HolUp said:
Under her watch, Nick lost the variety it had. Terrible shows like Naked brothers band, Back to the barnyard, Tak and the power of Juju, and Naked Brothers Band were spammed every day for hours on end. Good shows were replaced with Flash, CGI, and tweencoms.

Nick has been looking up lately with the Loud House, but they still have a long way to go.
don't talk to me

also you forgot to mention Naked Brothers Band

Back