Did anyone else notice how Patrick's nice again?

Sailor Mouth

Floating Shopping List
From seasons 5 to 8, he was almost always very mean and unbelievably dumb. Now I noticed that in the majority of season 9 episodes (especially season 9b) he's been actually so nice to SpongeBob and it's like he's back to his early seasons of stupidity, where he wasn't that stupid and he's funny. He's so lovable and harmless, the most recent example being in Bulletin Board or Snail Mail. (Someone recorded the episode). It just makes me happy that he's practically back to the way he was.

Sailor Mouth

Floating Shopping List
Patrick was not really "rude" in S5. The only real ones where he "acts bad" are in like S6-8.
I looked back at the season 5 episodes and, from what I can remember, you're right. He was actually fine in season 5. I'm not sure why I thought he was mean in that season. He was only kind of a jerk in Pat No Pay. Either way, compared to seasons 6, 7, and 8, there's something about him that makes me really adore him in season 9.

Well I guess I can say he's improved after his jerk behaviour in s6-8 but he's still not funny enough yet and he was kind of jerk in Patrick the Game and he was very jerk in The Fishbowl. I still feel like Patrick needs to be more cleverly stupid again.

Scumbob spookypants said:
Classic supermandude
who

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy
It most likely has to do with how the show's been directed since "Sponge Out Of Water" came out. Anyways, I'm glad to see this change since it makes him likable and not an annoyance.

BitBob PixelPants

Frozen Cephalopod
I know! This version of Patrick is fantastic! He's not like in seasons 6-8 where he's Rude and a Jerk and hearing the opposite of what SpongeBob Is either warning him about or telling him about what he needs to do. Two episodes come to mind in this subject they are "The Card" & "Pet Sitter Pat" and a whole bunch of other ones but I picked these two specifically because these episodes include Patrick being a jerky moron that doesn't know that he's intentionally being a moron. But unlike in more newer episodes like "Bulletin Board" and "Snail Mail" and the ending to "The Fishbowl", Patrick is like his Season 3-5 self like he's an idiot and not really causing any harm to any characters or being a jerk to anyone. I'm impressed writers, keep this up and we might be able to get the old Patrick we use to know and love and have very memorable quotes like in "Mermaid Man & Barnical Boy 4" with the Wumbo saying and like in "Something Smells" with the Ugly Barnicle story and also on another note, we'll possibly see the Patrick that we saw in "Neptunes Spatula" & "Something Smells" when he was encouraging SpongeBob to not give up his dreams and helping him feel normal after SpongBob ate the Sundae and thought he was ugly. And THAT I'm pretty sure, is the Patrick Star we want to see!

Back