Did any of the character get better during the show

PizzaApple

Giant Clam
Plankton does begin to be humanized over time after his first appearance. He seems less intimidating, less evil, and more silly in later episodes.

Karen becomes more fleshed out later on especially when she gets her mobile form. She goes from just being Plankton's computer to being a real character in the show, with her own personality and not always going along with Plankton's plans.

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
Honestly when it comes to mind, Plankton and Squidward were the only ones who have gotten fleshed out and became better characters over their appearances (Plankton especially considering that he was a character that would be used on special occasions as well as cameo in some episodes notably Valentines Day)...

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Honestly when it comes to mind, Plankton and Squidward were the only ones who have gotten fleshed out and became better characters over their appearances (Plankton especially considering that he was a character that would be used on special occasions as well as cameo in some episodes notably Valentines Day)...
i dont think squidward got better, if anything he got worse as the seasons went on

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
In my opinion though he did, although it could be because of Spongebob and Patrick's flanderization around that time that made me feel for Squidward.

Although I will say that after Little Yellow Book, Squidward's characterization in that episode has kinda been used on and off since...

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
In my opinion though he did, although it could be because of Spongebob and Patrick's flanderization around that time that made me feel for Squidward.

Although I will say that after Little Yellow Book, Squidward's characterization in that episode has kinda been used on and off since...
in what ways do you think squid's character improved?

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
That's a good question...

SpongeBob and Patrick's flanderization kind of contrasted to Squidward's.

Although you may have got me on this one though.
i wasnt trying to prove you wrong or anything, i was just asking for your personal opinion. i kinda see what you mean yeah, you kinda sympathized with squidward more, because spongebob and patrick got so annoying

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
Yeah, although I will at least say that sometimes when Squidward does take things a bit too far (notable example being Little Yellow Book), it's not even in character for Squidward to discard it as "oh well" and walk off (although I still feel bad for him because he shouldn't be the scapegoat for the Bikini Bottommites considering that they encouraged Squidward to read SpongeBob's diary)...

PizzaApple

Giant Clam
Now if I had to think about another character, Larry the Lobster would be a good one considering that he became more fleshed out and humanized in the later episodes (especially Post Sequel).
In general a lot of minor, or even background characters got more screen time and humanized in the post-sequel era. Norton seemed very human in Squid Plus One, and Pearl is developed beyond a spoiled teen.

PizzaApple

Giant Clam
Does everyone think plankton get better how good is it
If we had to compare how Plankton is in the movie compared to how he is in the episodes after, he's pretty much a saint. In the movie he was literally eating popcorn to watch King Neptune KILL Mr. Krabs, but then in the post-movie episodes he's literally willing to talk to Mr. Krabs like if he was a friend from time to time. He definitely became nicer after the movie, the first movie is his lowest point morally in the entire franchise, he was literally a murderer in the first movie.

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
i never saw plankton as a villain in pre and post movie, he's kinda like Doofenshmirtz in Phineas and ferb. plankton is very adorable in post sequel, especially after he adopts his pet ''spot''

Back