Diary Of a Wimpy Kid Discussion

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
I have all 15 books in the main series, the Do-It-Yourself book, and the first book in the spinoff series. I don't really read the books anymore though, I mostly buy them to continue my collection.

My favorite book is probably Rodrick Rules or The Last Straw. 9/10

Book 1 was kinda boring compared to other books. 7.5/10
Dog Days was good but not great. 6.5/10
The Ugly Truth was great and is the last classic book in my opinion. 8/10
Cabin Fever is the second worst book IMO, there's a lot of Greg torture and Manny never got what he deserved for being a selfish jerk. There are some good moments though. 2.5/10
The Third Wheel starts off decent and gets worse along the way, and it's kinda boring. 5.5/10
Hard Luck is the first book I had in the series and it's one of my favorites. 8.5/10
The Long Haul is another one of my least favorite books, mostly because there's a lot of Greg torture and it wasn't very funny as well. 3/10
Old School is decent although it's kind of forgettable. 7/10
Double Down is the second worst book in my opinion, mostly because it reuses jokes from previous books, it is unrealistic at points, several characters are unlikeable, and god, I hate the geese. 2/10
The Getaway is great. It still has unrealistic moments but it's funny and its theme is great. 7.5/10
The Meltdown is decent. It introduces a lot of characters however I think the snowball fight part could be done better. 7/10
Wrecking Ball is okay. Kind of forgettable but still nice. 5.5/10
The Deep End is probably the best book after 11. It's still very unrealistic at points, but that's what makes the book funny. 7.5/10
The first book of Rowley's series is bad. Greg is a massive jerk in the book and it's very boring. 3.5/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I have all 15 books in the main series, the Do-It-Yourself book, and the first book in the spinoff series. I don't really read the books anymore though, I mostly buy them to continue my collection.

My favorite book is probably Rodrick Rules or The Last Straw. 9/10

Book 1 was kinda boring compared to other books. 7.5/10
Dog Days was good but not great. 6.5/10
The Ugly Truth was great and is the last classic book in my opinion. 8/10
Cabin Fever is the second worst book IMO, there's a lot of Greg torture and Manny never got what he deserved for being a selfish jerk. There are some good moments though. 2.5/10
The Third Wheel starts off decent and gets worse along the way, and it's kinda boring. 5.5/10
Hard Luck is the first book I had in the series and it's one of my favorites. 8.5/10
The Long Haul is another one of my least favorite books, mostly because there's a lot of Greg torture and it wasn't very funny as well. 3/10
Old School is decent although it's kind of forgettable. 7/10
Double Down is the second worst book in my opinion, mostly because it reuses jokes from previous books, it is unrealistic at points, several characters are unlikeable, and god, I hate the geese. 2/10
The Getaway is great. It still has unrealistic moments but it's funny and its theme is great. 7.5/10
The Meltdown is decent. It introduces a lot of characters however I think the snowball fight part could be done better. 7/10
Wrecking Ball is okay. Kind of forgettable but still nice. 5.5/10
The Deep End is probably the best book after 11. It's still very unrealistic at points, but that's what makes the book funny. 7.5/10
The first book of Rowley's series is bad. Greg is a massive jerk in the book and it's very boring. 3.5/10
I STRONGLY agree with cabin fever but old school is good

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I like the Diary of a Wimpy Kids series.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
My review for Big Shot because i got it yesterday

This book was just low meh...

We do get some humor and loads of Gregs memories and i agree with greg that everyone should get a medal but the free throw scene of the book i found kinda boring and not memorable i also thought Susan was okay here she LITTERALLY PUT HER OWN SON ON THE RIVAL TEAM! Preet is great though Mr. Patel i actually kinda disliked him...

4/10 Average Book

Last edited:

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
I read through books 1 to 8 but if you want my honest opinion on books 1 through 8 then I'd probably would have to read them again...

But I can rate books 12 to 14 (plus the Spinoff)

Book 12: 7/10 (it's alright)

Book 13: 9/10 (great)

Book 14: 6/10 (just feels boring)

Spinoff: 5/10 (Greg was a jerk)

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
The new book was a 5/10. I kinda lost interest in the series so I bought it just to keep the collection going. I felt the tournament idea that "if you lose you move on" seems kinda forced because Greg's team is so bad, and there is barely any ending (it ends after the tournament ends). I expected more from this book but it was pretty disappointing.

Back