Dexter's Laboratory

Band Geek

Pursuit Blast Destroy
Oh - Oh - Oh - !!
Does anyone remember that Dexter episode "Dexter And Computress Get Mandark"? It was drawn and voiced by some 6-yr-old kid called Tyler Samuel Lee.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGn68IEy8_4

TylerSamuelLee.jpg

Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick

Developer of Awesomeness
I've noticed that TV's kid show's "style" has really gone down-hill in comparison with the shows back then. Back then, they had EVERYTHING! Whether it's learning or a fun show, they all were good shows. Now days, they have a style that's like "poop jokes". (e.g. Camp Lazlo) Dexter's Laboratory was a GREAT show! I loved it! It had a pretty good plot; one that's so close to Danny Phantom's. I thought it was a really great show. In fact, we have a PS1 game for it.

Band Geek

Pursuit Blast Destroy
I aw tha finga in an eppy of Dex's Lab :ph34r:
Is it the episode called Decode of Honor? Because I also heard this quote from it:

DeeDee: Your club is for big I D K S Cs...
Dexter: (turns to his decoder ring) I..D..K..S..C...Hey!! I'm telling Mom!!

(I D K S Cs is an anagram... :O)

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
Man, I can't believe that you brought back the memories. :( THANK YOU BAND GEEK!! YOUR THE BEST!!

Right, now that thats over with I can finally say that CN won't survive when Ed Edd + Eddy ends. Even though the new episodes... look... kind of... different, they're still in they're prime time, even if the show probably could have ended 2 years ago. And thats good, mind you :(

For everyone in the UK, people who have Sky you should know that you have CN Too. They show all the best of the rest from CN's classic archive!! Too bad they're merging with Toonami on May 24th, now the schedule will be messed up :ph34r: At least Cartoonito is going to get its own channel. :O Not like I have CN Too (at the moment)... I only have VM Cable. :O But I will soon, thanks to the merging of Toonami :O

Wow, so many :O's and :P's.

TattleTale Strangler

Normality Impaired
I aw tha finga in an eppy of Dex's Lab :O
Is it the episode called Decode of Honor? Because I also heard this quote from it:

DeeDee: Your club is for big I D K S Cs...
Dexter: (turns to his decoder ring) I..D..K..S..C...Hey!! I'm telling Mom!!

(I D K S Cs is an anagram... ;))
If you are having trouble decoding I D K S C, try rearranging the letters. ;)

TattleTale Strangler

Normality Impaired
A physics professor and his assistant are working on liberating negatively charged hydroxyl ions, when all of a sudden, the assistant says, "Wait, Professor! What if the salicylic acids do not accept the hydroxyl ions?" And the professor responds, "That's no hydroxyl ion! That's my wife!"
-Joke from Dexter's Laboratory

I've always wanted to understand this joke, from many years ago. @___@;;;
I was reminded of this joke today when we talked about hydroxyls in biology and chemistry. :O

To liberate is to set free. The point of this joke is that it's saying that a negatively charged hydroxyl ion is equivalent to a professor's wife. Hydroxyls, which contain at least one hydroxide (-OH), are alcohols. Does the joke mean the wife is drunk?
I then researched salicyclic acids and I found out that salicyclic acid is a plant hormone used as a medicine for acne. More importantly, it is a carboxylic acid. We learned in biology today that an ester linkage is formed between a carboxyl and a hydroxyl, and in this case, salicylic acid and hydroxyl ions create aspirin, the pain reliever.
Now isn't that cool? ;)
Lastly, the hydroxyl ion is NEGATIVELY charged, so the wife has had an excess of alcohol.
Basically, therefore, the professor was only trying to give some aspirin to his wife, who has a hangover.
ROTFLMAO.

Source.

Back