Demo Version of The Best Day Ever?

Lemonaise

Imitation Krab
Hey everyone, not sure if this is the correct place to post something like this, but let’s see how it goes. Anyways, I was searching YouTube for SpongeBob videos from the early days of the website, until I found this version of the Best Day Ever song. Now at first, I thought it was going to be a cover of the song, seeing how the instrumental sounded very off. But then I realized that, sure enough, it was Tom Kenny’s vocals. And not only that, but there were slightly different lyrics from the song we know today. Now, I have no idea if this is old news, but I for one have never even heard of this version of the song. My guess was that it was the original demo before the song went through revision to sound more like a studio track. If anyone has more info on this, I’d love to know. Here is the actual video for those who want to listen!

https://youtu.be/kx1KrDGE5QM

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I believe this is just the original version used in the credits of the first SpongeBob movie. I guess in that sense it is like a demo version? They did change it before they actually used it in the episode.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
MY CHOCOLATE LEG! said:
I believe this is just the original version used in the credits of the first SpongeBob movie. I guess in that sense it is like a demo version? They did change it before they actually used it in the episode.
Definitely not the version used in the movie, the movie version used the lyrics we're all used to

Lemonaise

Imitation Krab
SBRoxMan said:
Definitely not the version used in the movie, the movie version used the lyrics we're all used to
Yeah, this version was not used in the episode or the credits of the first movie. I don’t know how people were able to find this specific version though. Maybe it was through some Nick.Com thing back in the day?

Back