Controversial Episode

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Which episode do you think has the most controversy? And for those who don't know what that means...

con·tro·ver·sy
   [kon-truh-vur-see; Brit. also kuhn-trov-er-see]

noun, plural con·tro·ver·sies.
1. a prolonged public dispute, debate, or contention;disputation concerning a matter of opinion.
2. contention, strife, or argument.

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
Rock a Bye Bivalve, because of the supposed gay relationship between Patrick and SpongeBob.

Plus, SpongeBob seems to dress up like a woman a lot doesn't he? Not just in this episode.

Rock a Bye Bivalve, because of the supposed gay relationship between Patrick and SpongeBob.

Plus, SpongeBob seems to dress up like a woman a lot doesn't he? Not just in this episode.

Yeah, he dressed up as one in Whale of a Birthday, and in Love That Squid, etc.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I'm going to say Mid-life Crustacean, because of the panty raid scene. It's funny watching parents flip out about it.

Oh, and also Sailor Mouth.

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
I think Rock-a-Bye Bivalve for the reasons aforementioned. But also Gary Takes a Bath got banned in a few countries (I think) because of the "doubloons" joke as well as the creepy laughing girl.

Any innapropriate episode.

Fun to watch stupid parents go crazy like they just got abducted by ninjas.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
This is hilarious.

I REFUSE to ever let my daughter watch that cartoon again!!! I never cared for it much but because we do not get noggin or sprout on our cable that is the only thing on at night . Except stupid cartoon network which is worse by far! Anyway spngebob was in his underpants and he word lucky was written on his underpants. Come on now this is a children's show. Needless to say I turned that right off!!!

Lucky underpants? Egads!

Because it was scary? Either that or because it was paired with Gary Takes a Bath which was also scary to children, apart from me I guess lol

LOL, the only thing scary to me is when Flying Dutchman pulls his eye skin down,, which is an actual fear in me. An irrational one at that.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I know that in the US it's easily Rock-a-Bye Bivalve... That's where all the stuff about SpongeBob being gay started. I really don't think any of the other episodes are even close to as controversial, not even the ones that had deleted scenes.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I know that in the US it's easily Rock-a-Bye Bivalve... That's where all the stuff about SpongeBob being gay started.

I forgot about that. So yeah, on second thoughts, I agree that Rock-a-bye Bivalve is the most controversial.
It's funny though, whenever people talk about SpongeBob being gay they always bring up that he "regularly holds hands with Patrick". But in Rock-a-bye Bivalve, the "gayest" episode in the series, I can't remember them ever holding hands at all (I may be wrong - I haven't seen the ep in a while). In fact, there's maybe half a dozen occasions in the entire history of the show where they hold hands, and even then it's only for a split second ("Club SpongeBob") or for comic effect ("Fry Cook Games").

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
It's funny. When I was a naive little kid rock a bye bivalve was one of my favorite episodes, (and it still is.) But a couple weeks ago I watched it for the first time in years. And I probably looked like :O the whole time. The whole concept used to seem so innocent and now, I'm surprised they're allowed to air it.

Don't get me wrong, it's still one of my favorite episodes. "Something about root beer right?"

Mr. Sea Shell

Floating Shopping List
Krusty Dogs was considered controversial in other countries. The reason was due to the constant use of the word "wiener", which is slang for... Nevermind. ;(

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
The "Just One Bite" deleted scene was considered controversial due to it resembling the 9/11 terrorist attacks. It can still be found on YTV, though.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
"Are You happy Now." felt like a controversial episode to me, the episode is about depression, something of which many people have, and they included dark humour about attempted suicide, such as Squidward gassing himself (when he was really just baking brownies) and what looked like Squidward trying to hang himself.

Back