Confessions of an SBM Member

The Drifter

Some person.
PinkPearl said:
I have never seen Home Alone in my life. Mostly a confession because many people consider it to be one of their favorite Christmas movies of all time.
In retrospect it's actually just an okay movie.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
This isn't really a confession so much as just a strange coincidence that just occurred to me because I've been rereading the seventh Harry Potter book recently:

I popped into (wouldn't really say attended, it's not like we stayed all night or anything) both the 2005 AND 2007 midnight release parties for both the sixth and seventh books, Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows, both at THE SAME Barnes and Noble in Kenmore Square. IN BOTH INSTANCES my dad and I had been attending Friday night Red Sox games earlier and popped into the Barnes and Noble to check out all the hubbub because the Barnes and Noble was on the walk back to where we had parked our car.

Good grief...

I just in the time I spent writing that I JUST NOW realized that those memories are probably why I feel wistful for Boston whenever I read or watch Harry Potter. :| I'd never figured that out until now.

But then again almost anything can make me feel wistful for Boston. :P

Anyway, carry on! :P

EDIT: Yep, I was right. If you look below, I was at both that 17-1 Yankee game and that White Sox game. I remember both of those clear as day. And since the books were not released until midnight, the release dates on their articles would, sensibly, be the day AFTER both of those games, even though it was really the same night:

2u72kbs.jpg

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
I have like a mini obsession with the '60s and '70s. I don't really know why, but I honestly wish I could've experienced those two decades being a teen or an adult in my early '20s or something. I know the '60s & '70s wasn't just "drugs + rock n roll", but it seemed like a time for me (idk what that means but I'm trying to explain this :p )

This is what happens when you watch too much That '70s Show btw.

PinkPearl

insert title here
I think the star of our basketball team (one of the best players, anyway) is amazingly cute. I'm a senior. He's a freshman. o.o

PinkPearl

insert title here
JingleCup said:
I love typing in Comic Sans. It just adds some joy to my life.
Me too! It's so happy and perky, especially when it's in color. As a font snob myself, I don't get the hate for it. I've actually seen it used in a book where the characters were instant messaging, and one of the characters' fonts was Comic Sans. It suited her personality really well. Plus it's also fun to make other members read this and watch them get increasingly annoyed little by little as their eyes roll down the screen

Homie

get outer my space!
PinkPearl said:
Me too! It's so happy and perky, especially when it's in color. As a font snob myself, I don't get the hate for it. I've actually seen it used in a book where the characters were instant messaging, and one of the characters' fonts was Comic Sans. It suited her personality really well. Plus it's also fun to make other members read this and watch them get increasingly annoyed little by little as their eyes roll down the screen
JingleCup said:
I love typing in Comic Sans. It just adds some joy to my life.
0e42c5afc10ef0e0b66f4325140e4ac6.jpg

RobotKrabs

Your Lord and Savior
I think I've made enough terrible posts for you to put me on the category of members like AK2002, yelloshadow, etc.

RobotKrabs

Your Lord and Savior
RobotKlaus said:
Hello, I'm gay

as in happy. What were you thinking?!
As you can tell, I occasionally make jokes people may find insulting. Yes, I do have an offensive sense of humor. Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone when I said this :P.

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
When my parents fight, I always fall into a temporary mini-depression. I keep telling myself that I want someone to talk to about my problems, and that I wish there was somewhere to go when stuff like this bothers me. I even wish I lived with another family for 24 hours.

Back