Common Sense Media

toasterstrutel

Krabby Patty Burglar
For all the talk about this site at various times, i think it deserves a topic. This site is for media reviewing when it comes to "Can I take my kid to it?". I like the website for the most part, as it is often a good indicator if something is too violent, or to sexual for my tastes and it also has a pretty good amount of media on there. And I just like reading them . Though I am often pissed off by it for several reasons. Most of the time the reviews are well written and accurate, but not always. For example, I was reading a review for the "Bad Daddy", an Adam Sandler movie. The review was awful. It only contained a few sentences. I hope the person that wrote that review gets slapped by Adam Sandler. Another reason the site annoys me is because occasionally dumass soccer moms go in comments and write terrible reviews. For example, they tore apart" Rango", an appropriate movie that I love! https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/rango/user-reviews/adult Anyways, give me your thoughts on this website, because I know I like it despite its flaws and have been using it for longer than I have been here.

The Drifter

Some person.
To be fair, those nonsense reviews are all made by users, not by the site themselves. Actually the site-made reviews are actually quite sensible.

imrustyokay

Twitter: @imrustyokay
Don't forget the drunken knife fights...

FpBeUzR.png

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/the-spongebob-squarepants-movie

hfjs

My mom actually uses this site (don't worry she's never written anything on it) as a guideline, and I do everything in my power to try to convince her not to do so. :P

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
Yeah, I do agree with a lot of reviewers up there, CSM is actually okay if you're with the in-house reviewers and you're talking about movies. Other than that, they're actually a bit inconsistent and don't know what they're talking about (like the "drunken knife fight" thing above).

At it's worst... they want to control minors' internet and are basically a soccer-mom group. Don't forget that a lot of their reviews are off.
I had a big hatred on them a few years back.

PinkPearl

insert title here
illiniguy34 said:
It has anything BUT common sense.
Well, you know what they say...common sense just isn't common anymore.

I looked at the link you provided and some of the reviews were obviously written by overly sensitive people. Who knew that animated movies had so much vulgarity in them? :P I feel sorry for the kids who have these people as their parents. They're never going to have fun in life.

I don't like the site. I read it occasionally just to see what they think, but their reviews always annoy me. It's not the site though, they occasionally are actually reasonable, it's all the soccer moms on the site. But that likes 99% of the site because there's always like 100 parent reviews on everything.

Back