Cartoon Network CN cancels The Amazing World of Gumball

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Cartoon Network has decided to pull the plug on TAWoG after 8 seasons & over 200 episodes

This is a good thing IMHO because it prevents the show from becoming another SpongeBob or Grey's Anatomy

What do you guys think?

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
It may not be the end. Ben said that he wants to do a movie but CN hasn't decided if there is going to be a movie.

coft

happy hopping moron
I think there was enough. The show did declined in quality around late season 5 so I’m happy it ended when it did.

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
Here's the source, the show ending was actually confirmed some time ago.

I won't cry since I did fall out of watching the show at Seasons 4 and 5, but I did still greatly appreciate how consistently innovative the show was with its references and the ideas it tackled.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I never got into Gumball, I’ve only ever seen two episodes, but it’s still sad to see another bastion of Cartoon Network’s renaissance go away. I’m sure it had a healthy run, and its fans are happy to see it go while they still like it.

Honestly, it’s pretty sad to see that one of the most influential shows of my childhood has finally ended. I’ve watched Gumball ever since it first aired in 2011, and the show has since then made tons of memories and so-called happiness. This show is also what helped spawn many nostalgic memes for these forums, such as Baby Darwin and that “I’m on my way!” song, which is one of those things that made 2016 epic (and also terrible at the same time). Speaking of watching, I did kinda stop getting into the show since Season 5, as it got into some seasonal rot, but it doesn’t really matter much. Gumball is a good and creative show, and I like it as that. Thank you to the creator for making this show very nostalgic for me.

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
Sad to see, I really love this show. It really appealed more to my sense of humor, more than later seasons of spongebob. A movie sounds perfect to end the series off, even if it is sad.

Sealand

Imitation Krab
Good, because this show is a wreck. Everything after Season 2 is garbage so I'm glad it's getting cancelled.

Back