Chester Bennington (lead singer of Linkin Park) has killed himself at 41

sbl

totally active
never mind don't delete it's a major person

12:32 PM PT -- Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Bennington was home alone at the time of the suicide. We're told his family was out of town and he was found upstairs by an employee.Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned.
Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.
Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.
The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

Chester was very close with Chris Cornell, who himself committed suicide by hanging in May. Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Chester wrote an open letter to Chris on the day of Chris' suicide.
Cornell's wife, Vicky, tweeted out a message following the news of Chester's death, saying, "Just when I thought my heart couldn't break any more ... I love you T."
The band has had a string of hits over the years, including "Faint," "In the End" and "Crawling." Linkin Park crossed music genres, collaborating with Jay-Z.

The band's album, "Meteora," was one of the biggest alternative albums in music history.
Bennington was 41.
RIP
https://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-dead-commits-suicide/
R.I.P. I really liked Linkin Park's music.

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
Amphitrite said:
Although I agree that sbl should post in said topic, at least show respect for Chester's death.
it is sad i'm just sick of everyone making seprate topics for it thus making it pointless

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
This was not the news I wanted to wake up to today. My mom was a huge fan of Linkin Park since the beginning so it was hard on her as it is on me since I've heard a lot of their older discography. And suicide too? That's one of the worst ways you could ever die. He will be greatly missed. :(

spongebob pokemonpants said:
https://www.sbmania.net/forums/topic/56764-famous-people-deaths-in-2017/
post here instead of spamming sbm with 1 million things thatcould be posted here
No. Just no.

This guy is a one of the most well-known artists out there in the rock industry. I think a lot of people can agree that Chester is worthy enough for an actual topic.

Also, you make topics for lazily-written shows of yours that are pointless, so stop being hypocritical.

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
Even though I wasn't much of an avid listener of Linkin Park, this is still pretty tragic. And at a young age as well. May he rest in peace.
sad.png

mythix super saiyan 4

Deceased Spongetron said:
Why do you care? It's just him showing respect for someone who has passed away :/
well i do love that he is i prefer it when people don't make 1 million topics for deaths

KarateSponge

Parawhore
well i do love that he is i prefer it when people don't make 1 million topics for deaths
but you certainly prefer yourself making 1 million topics for horribly written shows.

mythix super saiyan 4

KarateSponge said:
but you certainly prefer yourself making 1 million topics for horribly written shows.
true i will stop that and i will just not be annoyed by these topics cause after all this is the only time sbm will be serious and yeah it is sad he died we need to stop these deaths before they take away all the spongebob characters

true i will stop that and i will just not be annoyed by these topics cause after all this is the only time sbm will be serious and yeah it is sad he died we need to stop these deaths before they take away all the spongebob characters
uhhh no comment

rest in peace.

ScumBob

sicko m0de
Amphitrite said:
Although I agree that sbl should post in said topic, at least show respect for Chester's death.
idk know who chester is but I've heard some of linkin Park's songs that I liked
so yeah
sucks
Deceased Spongetron said:
Why do you care? It's just him showing respect for someone who has passed away :/
ok guys, seriously he was just informing OP that there already was a topic for celebrity deaths
he wasn't even being a dick or anything
jesus

Mavaxis Starburner

I love SBM
There's some LP songs that I really like, probably my favorite being Rebellion with Daron Malakian from SOAD. Chester (for those of you that don't know) also made an album as the lead singer of Stone Temple Pilots while Scott Weiland, another rock templar who committed suicide last year, was out of the band.

Honestly, this brings to mind an old quote by Fred Durst from Limp Bizkit regarding the failure of Woodstock '99: "We already let all the negative energy out [through the music]. It's time to reach down and bring that positive energy to this motherfucker." It seems that wasn't the case for Bennington here, sadly.

Love them or hate them, but LP has helped keep rock somewhat afloat for the past 17 odd years. Seeing that era end like this is terrible. Disheartening. I don't even know how to put it.

https://www.sbmania.net/forums/topic/56764-famous-people-deaths-in-2017/
post here instead of spamming sbm with 1 million things thatcould be posted here
You come on here and create whole topics worth of spam, and then have the audacity, the gall, to complain about spam? In a topic like this?!

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME, DUDE?!

You make me question how much credit you really deserve for anything around here! Obviously not much!

Back