Tacomaster

Moby Dollar
Y'all heard of ChatGPT? I have. Raises some ethics concerns in terms of professional use, but hella entertaining when used casually. A few hours ago, I got an idea. Pretending I was Plankton, I decided to ask it what the Krabby Patty secret formula was. Attempt one didn't go so well...

"As an AI language model, I do not promote or encourage unethical or illegal behavior such as revealing trade secrets or violating intellectual property laws. The Krabby Patty secret formula is a fictional recipe from the animated television show SpongeBob SquarePants, and it is not publicly disclosed. It is meant to be a fun mystery that adds to the show's humor and charm. While the exact ingredients and preparation instructions of the Krabby Patty may not be known, there are many theories and fan speculations about what the burger might contain. However, it is important to remember that these are not official and should be taken with a grain of salt."

Well, at least we know the AI has a moral code. In fact, in many previous gigs with the bot, a lot of the responses started out with "As an AI language model, I cannot blabbity blah blah. However, here are some ideas..." So even AI believes there's no substitute for human creativity. I regenerated the response, and the second time was a bit more interesting...

"The Krabby Patty secret formula is a well-guarded secret in the SpongeBob SquarePants universe, and the recipe has never been fully revealed. However, there have been a few hints and clues about the ingredients and preparation over the course of the show.

According to some episodes, the Krabby Patty contains a regular beef patty, lettuce, cheese, onions, pickles, mustard, ketchup, and a secret sauce. Other episodes have suggested that the Krabby Patty may also contain tomato, mayonnaise, and a sprinkle of sea salt.

As for the preparation, it is said that the Krabby Patty is cooked on a griddle with a lot of love and care. In one episode, SpongeBob is shown performing a special dance around the grill while cooking the patties, which suggests that the cooking process may involve some sort of ritual or tradition.

Despite the hints and clues, the exact recipe and preparation instructions for the Krabby Patty remain a closely guarded secret, known only to a select few in Bikini Bottom, including Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob, and Squidward."

A few things:
  • The AI's version of a Krabby Patty is a beef patty, as opposed to the canon version, which is vegetarian (not vegan, because it contains cheese).
  • Apparently, cooking of a Krabby Patty involves some weird dance ritual? This implies that the patties are cooked with a mixture of legit cooking, love (both constants through the series), and DARK MAGIC.
  • Still no DEFINITIVE answers.
  • SQUIDWARD KNOWS THE FORMULA.
But on the subject of AI and Krabby Patties, I wondered: Why doesn't Plankton just order a Krabby Patty and pay for it with his own money, then take it back to the Chum Bucket and analyze it to find out the recipe? So I asked ChatGPT and...

"One possible reason why Plankton has not tried this method is that Mr. Krabs, the owner of the Krusty Krab, is fiercely protective of the secret formula and would likely not allow Plankton to purchase a Krabby Patty, especially if he knew what Plankton was up to. Mr. Krabs would also likely be suspicious if Plankton suddenly showed an interest in purchasing Krabby Patties after years of attempting to steal the formula.

Additionally, even if Plankton did manage to purchase a Krabby Patty, it is not clear that he would be able to successfully analyze it to find out the secret formula. The Krabby Patty is known to be a complex and unique recipe that requires a special touch to get right, as shown by the fact that even expert chefs like Squidward have struggled to replicate it. It is possible that Plankton, who is primarily a scientist rather than a cook, may not have the necessary skills or knowledge to reverse-engineer the recipe just by analyzing a single patty.

Overall, while ordering a Krabby Patty and analyzing it may seem like a straightforward solution to Plankton's problem, the reality is that it would likely be difficult for him to pull off and may not lead to the desired results."

While Plankton's own DEBUT EPISODE proves that he CAN reverse engineer the recipe with a single patty using one of his gizmos, the AI does provide other legitimate and simple reasons preventing Plankton from ordering a patty. New headcanon: Mr. Krabs has Plankton on a Krabby Patty blacklist, and there's a poster in the Krusty Krab saying "DO NOT SERVE PATTIES TO THIS MICROORGANISM".

Also, Squidward still struggles to replicate the patty, despite knowing the formula and being an... expert chef, according to the AI? He must keep performing the magic cooking ritual wrong. Or maybe there's not enough love in his heart.

What am I saying, there's totally not enough love in his heart. He's Squidward.

Spongey34

Dafano
Staff
Squid's had to fill in numerous times to make the patties. He doesn't like it and it doesn't go well, but I suppose he still knows what the formula is. Funny Plankton doesn't target him with his exploits.

Back