Charter Spectrum Might Bet Rid Of Nickeldeon And More Channels

MrMonkey

Imitation Krab
Charter spectrum might get rid of nickelodeon so they can "Lower Their Bills", because they are afraid to lose money, funny how that they are afraid to lose money when getting rid of channels like Nickelodeon (Including the sister channels), Comedy Central, MTV, BET, Spike (That's still a thing) will make them lose even more money, this is gonna make them lose so many subscribers

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
toddphillips said:
well my grandparents have direct tv so we’re good.
Oh sure, be cocky to those Spectrum users who won't be able to see these channels again.

Personally, I don't really watch a lot of SpongeBob anymore, but I still watch South Park and Always Sunny reruns on Comedy Central so it's going to suck testicles to see that channel gone. Hope they reach a negotiation soon.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
I prefer free broadcast TV, free FM radio and streaming video over pay services like cable TV or satellite TV.

I hope this is a wake up call to Viacom to get with the times and start streaming their content! They should take lessons from CBS/Paramount, TimeWarner Entertainment, and Disney/ABC about how they entertain their non-pay TV* viewers with streaming media services. They should renegotiate their deal with Alphabet, Inc./Google to have Google streaming boxes access Viacom's content.

*Pay TV refers to subscription-based cable TV and satellite TV services.

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
This sucks. I have some friends with spectrum and they watch Viacom things. I'll be fine (optimum over here) but I do hope spectrum keeps the channels.

Yeah, I recently heard about this, too. When I first knew about this, I was literally in shock. I really hope this doesn't happen, and i'm really scared for the future of Spectrum.

toddphillips said:
well my grandparents have direct tv so we’re good.
Don't rub it in.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
ScaryPosersShoesDude said:
Yeah, I recently heard about this, too. When I first knew about this, I was literally in shock. I really hope this doesn't happen, and i'm really scared for the future of Spectrum.

Don't rub it in.
Satellite TV has more channels than cable TV, plus it is cheaper. You get more bang for your buck!

I have a feeling this won't happen, or if it does, it won't last a very long time. Time Warner Cable (which became part of Spectrum) almost did the same thing with Viacom 10 years ago, but they were able to reach an agreement just before the channels were supposed to disappear.

Spectrum is one of the largest cable companies in the country now. If they go through with this, they're in for a lot of angry subscribers who will most likely jump ship. I doubt that they won't negotiate something soon.

Puppycat

Floating Shopping List
MrMonkey said:
Charter spectrum might get rid of nickelodeon so they can "Lower Their Bills", because they are afraid to lose money, funny how that they are afraid to lose money when getting rid of channels like Nickelodeon (Including the sister channels), Comedy Central, MTV, BET, Spike (That's still a thing) will make them lose even more money, this is gonna make them lose so many subscribers
That's just what Nickelodeon says. The reality is probably that Viacom is asking them to pay more and Spectrum doesn't want to play that game. They're likely going to come to some kind of last-minute agreement.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Puppycat said:
That's just what Nickelodeon says. The reality is probably that Viacom is asking them to pay more and Spectrum doesn't want to play that game. They're likely going to come to some kind of last-minute agreement.
Yeah, kind of like how Viacom was being greedy towards DirecTV back in 2012...

For me, I wouldn't be concerned about this because they will reach an agreement soon, plus I don't even watch any Viacom channels anymore since I hate them all.

JackIsCool

Moby Dollar
For once i'm actually glad I have Xfinity. I just feel bad for all the friends of mine who have Spectrum and won't be able to watch Viacom channels anymore. Incredibly stupid decision if you ask me.

Tais

Banished
this sucks as recently I just got nick, nicktoons, and teennick/the splat on spectrum as I didn't have those channels before
well at least I have nick latin america on sky mexico
MrMonkey said:
spectrum's deal with viacom is expiring soon and the two companies don't know how to negotiate it as viacom is taking this as a chance to be a greedy ::dolphin noise:: and get more monies from spectrum, by making spectrum look like the bad guy in this situation by airing adverts on their networks not saying much about this situation besides the fact spetrum is to be dropping their networks and pls call spectrum to not drop them.
They did the same thing to directv a few years ago.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
TheOtherSpongebob said:
Never even heard of Charter Spectrum. What is that?
Charter Spectrum is the name given to Charter Communications after they merged with Time Warner Cable. The naming convention for the newly-formed cable TV company is similar to Comcast Xfinity.

(Time Warner Cable "divorced" themselves from their former parent company, Time Warner Entertainment, many years ago.)

tEMMIE said:
I thought we've learned by now that these situations are essentially promo stunts?
Is Toys "R" Us' filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection a promo stunt? I don't think so!

Back