Character Ages

PinkPearl

insert title here
I think some characters are better suited to specific ages than others. Pearl and Mr. Krabs are obviously in certain age groups, but it's hard for me to think of Spongebob or Squidward as having certain ages. For me, they're ageless. If I had to pick though, I'd go with your estimates.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
I always assumed that Spongebob was anywhere between his early twenties and his early 40s. Squidward is anywhere between his early 30s and early 50s. Krabs is a war veteran, so maybe he's in his 60s or 70s, possibly older (but he's a feisty guy and doesn't necessarily ACT his age, nor does he want to retire.) Sandy could be anywhere between her mid twenties to mid thirties I guess.

I think what I assume more than the actual ages, are the age differences between the characters.

Spongebob seems to be the youngest of the cast. Patrick is around his age (as we've seen them as babies around the same time.) Patrick COULD be slightly older (though I'm only assuming that because of his lower voice and his height.) Sandy appears to be around the same age as them. (Though, given that most of the cast are sea animals that live very long lives, Sandy might be younger than them.)

Squidward is most likely older than Spongebob and Patrick by several years, and Krabs is definitely older than the main cast.

however, if it were revealed that Spongebob is actually older than Squidward, that would actually be pretty funny. Age is just a number, after all. lol

CaptainJZH

Frozen Cephalopod
BabySmitty said:
Sandy appears to be around the same age as them. (Though, given that most of the cast are sea animals that live very long lives, Sandy might be younger than them.)
I figured she was slightly older, since she's much smarter than them and probably had to go through many years of college.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
JingleCup said:
Krabs: 70s
Plankton: 70s
Spongebob and Patrick: Both in their late 20s (as of now)
Squidward: Mid-Late 30s
Sandy: Late 20s
What's interesting is that if you take Spongebob's birthday into account, as well as the amount of awards (Employee of the Month awards, and we know there are 12 months in one year) he's won as of the first movie (the canonical ending of the series,) then Spongebob's age would be somewhere in his 40s.

spongebob-squarepants-movie-the-2004-01.jpg

it's easy to look youthful when you're short and baby-faced, I guess

Hazmart

Moby Dollar
Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy - 20
Squidward - 40
Mr Krabs, Plancton - 50
Pearl - 15

nortonstime

Floating Shopping List
Squidward is younger than you think because in a bunch of eps, background characters will often call him "boy" or "young man" together with Spongebob. Barnacle Boy has also said Mermaid Man was saving his life since he was born (though Mermaid Man is also really, really old).

Plankton has said that Squidward's been working for the Krusty Krab for 20 years, though this may be an exaggeration as it's not as if Plankton would know the exact number of years.

However, it can be proven that Squidward is much older by the episode A Friendly Game since he apparently has dentures (???), yet his teeth have been broken in multiple episodes so that could explain that.

My guess is they've kept Squidward and Spongebob's ages vague on purpose. Squidward could be as little as 3 years older than Spongebob or as many as 10. But I doubt it's more than 10 because Squidward does not talk down to people the way Mr. Krabs does, relating his experiences and past, etc. It's telling that Squidward himself barely has experiences to speak of. He only talks down to people -- not because he's older, but because he believes he's cultured. And a big deal is made by his insistence on acting "mature" when in truth he's usually just as immature as Spongebob.

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
SpongeBob- early to mid 20s
Patrick- 20s?
Squidward- 30s-50s
Sandy- 19 to 30s
Karen- she's a computer, so as old as her hardware is. :sbface:
Mrs. Puff- 50s-70s
Gary- IDK
Pearl- 13-17

iedasb

Crazy Artist
Age doenst count on cartoons I guess.

Ash is still 10 years old (pokemon)
The Simpsons Family are still in their original ages
Mickey is ??? Well... He's been around for how many years, and he's so young.

Age only counts for who can die, real things, like humans. :P

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
iedasb said:
Age doenst count on cartoons I guess.

Ash is still 10 years old (pokemon)
The Simpsons Family are still in their original ages
Mickey is ??? Well... He's been around for how many years, and he's so young.

Age only counts for who can die, real things, like humans. :P
Having an age doesn't necessarily mean the characters will get older. All the characters you mention do have an age, they've just stayed the same age for a really long time. It's just fun fan theories, anyway. :P

iedasb

Crazy Artist
SBManiac!!!!!! said:
Having an age doesn't necessarily mean the characters will get older. All the characters you mention do have an age, they've just stayed the same age for a really long time. It's just fun fan theories, anyway. :P
IKR
Just, if they dont have an age stated, let them that way :P

Back