Sponge Out of Water CannedBread's Review of Sponge Out of Water.

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
Original review on Letterboxd : https://boxd.it/1xUYBN

"This movie is everything I could wish for in a film about a animated sea sponge. This film has so much comedy, action, and just such intresting scenes, that are complimented by the color pallet of the underwater scenery. One great example of this would be the “war” scene, where we are shown plankton stealing the formula, but this time with military grade condiment-based weapons. The way that all of the action is used in this film is extremly creative and fun to watch, where we can see a high energy Antonio banderas playing his character with a lot of malicious fun. Honestly, I could use that word to describe this whole movie. “Fun.” There was never really a dull moment for me, which is why I think this movie works so well for me, it isn’t trying to be something other than a fun action/comedy movie, that is exciting and funny enough for children, while still remaining appealing for adults. One last thing that I should bring up is the voice acting, nobody gives a bad performance. The voices of the characters just adds to the excitement and momentum of the film. Which isn’t surprising, seeing that these voices have been connected to the characters for over two decades at this point. That is why I’m giving this movie a well deserved 4 stars (out of 5)."

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
I also prefer the second movie to the first because the stakes were MUCH higher

I am in no hurry to see Sponge on the Run but it sounds terrible
I agree, the stakes were very high, and this was a result of the story having much more depth than the first film. Also yeah I saw the trailer for sponge on the run, and it doesn't look all that great.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I have no way to watch it, so I hope it comes out on Netflix for the U.S. soon. I've heard mixed things on it.
We had movie night twice with it :P

Maybe next movie night we can watch it or if you don't have a VPN, you can do a 7-day free trial where you don't have to put your CC in and just watch it from another country.

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
We had movie night twice with it :P

Maybe next movie night we can watch it or if you don't have a VPN, you can do a 7-day free trial where you don't have to put your CC in and just watch it from another country.
Oh I remember you mentioning that, I was busy with school work. Wen Is the next movie night?? (I don't have a vpn)

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Oh I remember you mentioning that, I was busy with school work. Wen Is the next movie night?? (I don't have a vpn)
Get you a free VPN for 7 days (or really 1) and watch it then cancel your subscription.

Next one is more than likely in February. January is a busier month than I wanted it to be.

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
Get you a free VPN for 7 days (or really 1) and watch it then cancel your subscription.

Next one is more than likely in February. January is a busier month than I wanted it to be.
Good idea. Also I heard you can watch anime that aren't aavailable in the U.S. so that would be a plus as well. Honestly I might just get the actual membership once I get a Job in the summer. What is the best VPN in your opinion??

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Good idea. Also I heard you can watch anime that aren't aavailable in the U.S. so that would be a plus as well. Honestly I might just get the actual membership once I get a Job in the summer. What is the best VPN in your opinion??
Express VPN but there's no free VPN forever that I am aware of. There's a code for 3 free months so you could do that too.

Back