Call of Duty

The Drifter

Some person.
Okay guys, stay on topic and stop spamming or I'm handing out some warnings. The purpose of this thread is for Call of Duty discussion. If you want to talk in depth about the Super Mario series being recycled, that's absolutely fine, but please make another topic :P

Well, I can't hate on all the COD games, the older ones were just fine. But what happens when they start running out of ideas? There's only so many war scenarios you can do before it starts getting dry, or just plain out dumb and unbelievable. What's next? Interstellar planetary warfare in the name of Amurrrica? Don't say I didn't call it :P But for those of you who do like the series, where do you see it headed?
I think talking about Mario here is a-okay. That's because Mario is suffering from the same problem you mentioned about CoD.

The Drifter

Some person.
SBLaura said:
Okay guys, stay on topic and stop spamming or I'm handing out some warnings. The purpose of this thread is for Call of Duty discussion. If you want to talk in depth about the Super Mario series being recycled, that's absolutely fine, but please make another topic :P

Well, I can't hate on all the COD games, the older ones were just fine. But what happens when they start running out of ideas? There's only so many war scenarios you can do before it starts getting dry, or just plain out dumb and unbelievable. What's next? Interstellar planetary warfare in the name of Amurrrica? Don't say I didn't call it :P But for those of you who do like the series, where do you see it headed?
You make it sound that it's not awesome. And for where it headed? Probably sci-fi shooter like Halo, but with less fantastical sci-fi with aliens and more cyberpunk like Deus Ex or Ghost in the Shell, with cyborgs and stuff.

Mooney Suzuki

Voodoo Child
I think people need to learn you can have fun doing things that don't involve fighting in FPSes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcPZ4RkTw38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTTSgbhqCaE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHU3J--oHVU

tbh

Frozen Cephalopod
Planetside 2 and Destiny would like to have a word with you all.
Didn't everyone hate Destiny?

I got the free code for it on the PS4 but accidentally threw it away.

Grandpappy

Moby Dollar
I love Call of Duty! Here is my ranking From least favorite to favorite:
Black Ops 2
Ghosts
Advanced Warfare
Modern Warfare 2
Modern Warfare 3
Black Ops
World At War
Modern Warfare

The Drifter

Some person.
Sponge bob Square pants said:
I love Call of Duty! Here is my ranking From least favorite to favorite:
Black Ops 2
Ghosts
Advanced Warfare
Modern Warfare 2
Modern Warfare 3
Black Ops
World At War
Modern Warfare
I agree with your selections. Although I would say Black Ops should be number 1 (Modern Warfare is still awesome though, the best story and character in the whole game), and Ghost should be the lowest one, even below Black Ops 2 (at least there's horses :p) because Ghost have a very boring campaign with stupid plot (oooh evil Venezuela suddenly become superpower and invades America!)

Grandpappy

Moby Dollar
I do agree that Ghosts campaign could have been a lot better, anyway what time period do you want this year's Call of Duty to take place during? I hope they go back to World War 2.

The Drifter said:
I agree with your selections. Although I would say Black Ops should be number 1 (Modern Warfare is still awesome though, the best story and character in the whole game), and Ghost should be the lowest one, even below Black Ops 2 (at least there's horses :p) because Ghost have a very boring campaign with stupid plot (oooh evil Venezuela suddenly become superpower and invades America!)

The Drifter

Some person.
I do agree that Ghosts campaign could have been a lot better, anyway what time period do you want this year's Call of Duty to take place during? I hope they go back to World War 2.
World War ONE. Seriously, WW1 is the most unrepresented period of history in vudeo games. What's the last time you heard about world war 1 games? Exactly. It should bring back the multiple point of views like in old CoD games. Also they should bring back the vehicle driving levels, like maybe there's a level where you drive a tank or become a gunner of a biplane.

That One Random Boss

Mascot of the Real Nep
My first CoD was World at War, and it remains my favorite Call of Duty. Ever since, there still hasn't been that spark or charm. Maybe it's because it was WWII, my favorite time in history to study about, especially regarding war. I still enjoy Black Ops 1 & 2 and MW3 nowadays.

Back then, I was a casual pubstomper. I spammed and sprayed and winded up getting 30+ kills in TDM. It was satisfying for a while, but there's only so much I can take before I got bored.

Now, I'm a quickscoper, and I LOVE to bask in the hate that people (especially the kids) give me. I'm getting better at it to the point where I can take on those tryhards with the 2 K/D ratios.

I also understand how TOXIC the community is. That's probably why I enjoy it so much. I just LOVE messing with people, especially those in communities that HATE CoD more than any other community. There's just something satisfying about making people angry in games like these. It comes to the point where I try quickscoping in Battlefield and CS:GO. Oh the hate I receive. LOL.

I'm at that age where I no longer care about what people think of me, especially online since they don't know me personally. This reason is why trolling exists, and I've done my fair share of trolling, and what better, more fun, and effective way of trolling on shooters than quickscoping? There's a satisfying feeling in angering people and in being called a hacker/modder/quickscoping *insert some homophobic/hateful slur here*. It shows how good at quickscoping I've become in the past year and a half. Not much of a fan of the newer CoDs, but I still actively follow those CoD sniping/trickshotting clans (like FaZe, SoaR, Obey, Red, etc.).

Inb4 the hate messages to me arrive, and frankly I can't care less. #1v1Me.

Back